Page 109 of 375 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think that was Ross in the JSA arc where Kingdom Come Superman ended up on Earth back Pre-Flashpoint. I don't think that's Waid's ending.
    That’s the ending in my Absolute edition, but it could be a later addition to the story. Never read that JSA arc (or any of Johns JSA to be Frank) so I wouldn’t know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    it remains to be seen? Isn't that what this always building up to, Clark going off planet(I guess to warworld?) and people assuming he's dead..leading to Jon becoming the Superman of Earth?
    Oh he’s definitely going off to space, but Superman & the Authority takes place on Earth, so it’s not inconceivable that while Clark will be primarily off-world and Jon will be primarily Earth based, both of them could operate on Earth and in space concurrently. We’ll see how they divy up the responsibilities is what I meant.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s the ending in my Absolute edition, but it could be a later addition to the story. Never read that JSA arc (or any of Johns JSA to be Frank) so I wouldn’t know.

Oh he’s definitely going off to space, but Superman & the Authority takes place on Earth, so it’s not inconceivable that while Clark will be primarily off-world and Jon will be primarily Earth based, both of them could operate on Earth and in space concurrently. We’ll see how they divy up the responsibilities is what I meant.
    Oh wow, didn't even realize the authority book takes place on earth..that's certainly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oh wow, didn't even realize the authority book takes place on earth..that's certainly interesting.
    Well the preview pages we have seen so far are all on Earth, don’t know if it goes into space yet although with Warworld involved that wouldn’t be out of the question either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Its not like it is very difficult for Superman to get back to Earth or some other planet if he needs to so I can easily see him going back and forth.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is it not more likely that Superman & The Authority takes place on Earth first because it's about Clark putting together his team (whom are all from Earth) to go off world?

Superman & The Authority is a 4 issue mini that's specifically made to (and advertised as) set up the new status quo for both Son of Kal-El and Action. Given that, is it not far more likely that he will be off world totally once this is done and Action catches up to Son of Kal-El?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The timeline seems to either be:

1) Warworld Rising, 2)September Superman Event, 3) Superman & The Authority/Son of Kal El, 4) PKJ’s Action run proper; Or

1) Warworld Rising, 2) September Superman Event/Son of Kal El, 3) PKJ’s Action Run, 4) Superman & The Authority/Worlds at War

I forget how they phrased it, but I think solicits are worded in the same vein as the Future State ones in that they’ve only implied Superman & The Authority is showing a new status quo but not if it’s meant to be a present one.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-30-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Not sure how the September Event fits in the larger scheme of things in DC's long game, but it looks like there could be a lot more shakeup type stuff on the horizon. Even more events spread over the next few years. I suppose these new events could be working towards going way big on changing status quo, or setting things back to how they were. All speculative of course.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...event-in-2023/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Seems like we’re still going to get some of 5G after all, just implemented much more slowly than Didio’s “all at once” approach. I like that rumor about a “Trinity” trilogy of books although it all seemed a bit confusing: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/batm...ogy-dc-comics/
    Bleeding Cool has learned from sources that DC Comics is to publish a trilogy of books based on the DC Trinity, with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. And which will then spin off into a number of new comic book projects, setting up much of the central DC Comics universe going forward. Maybe this could be seen as something like the Earth One graphic novel line, but with an impact on the other titles? That's just speculation, however.

Extraordinary Member

Superman #31 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Scott Godlewski
    Backup writer: Sean Lewis
    Backup Artist: Sam Basri

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman #31 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Scott Godlewski
    Backup writer: Sean Lewis
    Backup Artist: Sam Basri

Jon's heat vision looking Cyclops-esque.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    The way his hand is posed almost looks like he's doing the Cyclops hand-on the visor stance also.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I wonder if jon could do this.

Or do bend his heat vision like cyclops does his concussive blasts
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The way his hand is posed almost looks like he's doing the Cyclops hand-on the visor stance also.
    Yeah, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder if jon could do this.

Or do bend his heat vision like cyclops does his concussive blasts
    Now THAT would be something.

The solicits keep talking about some new power he has so...

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

In the recent issue

spoilers:
    Jon could manipulate his heat beams on a molecular level to interact with water molecules and explode in midair. Felt similar to combustion bending. The Shadowbreed is also said to be unable to withstand a certain spectrum of light, so perhaps Jon has such fine-tuned control over his powers that he can manipulate his heat vision’s wavelength too? Maybe he’ll blast differently colored beams and detonate it to mimic the radiation bomb.

IMO the Supers should have varied abilities (and Kon should never have lost his TTK) so I’m all for creative uses of the standard Kryptonian power set.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    In the recent issue

spoilers:
    Jon could manipulate his heat beams on a molecular level to interact with water molecules and explode in midair. Felt similar to combustion bending. The Shadowbreed is also said to be unable to withstand a certain spectrum of light, so perhaps Jon has such fine-tuned control over his powers that he can manipulate his heat vision’s wavelength too? Maybe he’ll blast differently colored beams and detonate it to mimic the radiation bomb.

IMO the Supers should have varied abilities (and Kon should never have lost his TTK) so I’m all for creative uses of the standard Kryptonian power set.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I liked the development of Jon’s heat vision. Guess they’re finally starting to show how he’s “more powerful” than his dad. Story is fine but it definitely feels like filler now that we know it’s just laying the ground for Taylor’s Jon book and PKJ Action.