Page 115 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5625
    Incredible Member

Issue is out. Long story short, I loved it. Loved, loved, loved it. I'll post my full thoughts later (because that's going to need a draft and some editing; yeah, that's the extent of how much I loved it).

Oh, and the Midnighter back-up continues being better than the Tales of Metropolis back-up, though it's still just going in circles around "transhumanism shady" and "Midnighter shuts Apollo out".

Another fantastic issue:
    -Clark is the one who has to save the refugees at the end when Jon can’t keep the ship together (something that is probably playing a role in why he’s so moody and distrustful later on)
    -The ship’s power source being made of The Source? Did I understand that right? Also anyone get anything out of that symbol on the power source, is that meant to be Mongul’s symbol then?
    -Laughed my ass off at that alien caving in his own skull trying to headbutt Supes, props for courage even if it’s mixed with stupidity
    -Kara had a cool role, she was able to identify the language these new guys were speaking, a long dead language that predated Kryptonese, and the “prayer” not being to a god but a philosopher is an interesting twist, wonder what that means
    -Sampere’s art is still fantastic, I love his designs for the Fortress interior, especially the medical equipment, and the statues of the Els, he’s really knocking it out of the park
    -Speaking of the statue, anyone recognize the design of Jor and Lara? It looks kind of Secret Origin-y, but not exactly (perfect summary of Superman continuity lmao)
    -Wonder what Mongul’s plan is, were the S-shield brands a mere tactic to lower Kal’s guard? Damn that is both brutal and cunning if true
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jor El and Lara designs are new. It's not Secret Origin's or the post-Reborn redesign.

Death Metal should've affected Jor-El and Lara's wardrobe for the umpteenth time, lol.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Another fantastic issue:-Clark is the one who has to save the refugees at the end when Jon can’t keep the ship together (something that is probably playing a role in why he’s so moody and distrustful later on)
    Pretty sure the implication is less (if not nothing) to do with Jon actually distrusting the refugees, but rather with the fact that one of the legends of Clark's last days that Jon thought seemed most likely was the one where Kryptonians came from out of nowhere after Clark had been hurt, and they took him away to the stars forever.

You can see it in his face when he learns the language the young lady spoke was Kryptonian. Then you can him try and totally dismiss the idea that they could possibly be Kryptonians when talking about their cell structure. He's hurting right now because he thinks he knows what's coming, and not only does he not want his dad to go away, but he also doesn't want to be Superman.

The ship falls apart the way it does because it's basically an impossible ship made of junk, and it shouldn't have been able to fly to begin with, but Jon's not particularly broken up about that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Amazing issue. Together with Tamaki's Detective Comics, this is my favorite DC book by a good margin!!

Wow! This was amazing! Sampere's art is incredible, hopefully he will be on Action Comics for a long while.
    PKJ is making a really good work here, giving the Future State status quo and the reveal at the end, I believe Mongul's plan is pretty much what Jon assumed to be, and we'll soon see Superman prisioner in Warworld. But if he can do something more cool than refusing to fight and getting killed in the arena over and over I will be happier.

So freaking good
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-25-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was Solid.Clark is building his gladiator family.I wish the action sequences were done better with the ship and stuff.I also would have wanted clark getting hurt by the punch and spitting blood.Still taking it with Resolve, determination and bit of a welcoming smile like a true champion.He would take it like it was nothing.But,it actually hurtss.Instead of the "man of steel and stern stares".The former might be a cliché.But,a cliché that keeps repeating.It also puts across Clark's resolve and compassion to break the chains of from these guys.He is willing to get hurt.It's not that he is a martyr either.He hates chains...
    https://455666-1426709-raikfcquaxqnc...me-768x768.jpg
    .Jon pulling a damian and batman with "I don't trust them".The one thing i love about jon is the energy,goofyness and the emotions..I am loving this so far.I always loved when they wrote superman as the Metaphorical gladiator.And always felt like superman was in chains as white knight.And many a times an obediant pawn.That ain't Superman for me...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-25-2021 at 07:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

So is the symbol new or does anyone recognize it?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So is the symbol new or does anyone recognize it?

It might be related to the keys to the war world and the alien race that built it.The keys were given to the green martians and martian manhunter.I haven't read those in years.I am gonna have to recheck it.Maybe those girls are connected.I am sort of surprised why martian manhunter is not involved.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It might be related to the keys to the war world and the alien race that built it.The keys were given to the green martians and martian manhunter.I haven't read those in years.I am gonna have to recheck it.Maybe those girls are connected.I am sort of surprised why martian manhunter is not involved.
    That would be one hell of a deep pull if true, but a very cool one!

So freaking good
    Pure badass, as He should be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    From BC:

That's what they're saying now anyways.

I also checked the link to the collected volume on Amazon and there was no mention of the backups.
    Midnighter got annual announced for August that continues same story so I think it is a safe bet that he'll get his own collection few months later.

The August solicitaions will drop later today.

Can't wait to see where the Super universe goes, specially AC and Superman & The Authority!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Pure badass, as He should be.
    I’m glad Immortal Hulk has normalized gore-y body horror in superhero books