Page 160 of 375 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 5625

I’m pretty sure Clark is going to get killed and brought back, but only him. Mongul won’t bring back any other members of the Authority that died but he’ll bring Superman back so he can parade him around as proof that he’s stronger than his predecessors were. Very excited to see Clark meet and interact with the Phaelosians! That variant cover looks sick as hell, hope Clark is actually going to wear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think Manchester Black (it'd be what the second or third time he was killed), Apollo, and OMAC are likely to be killed off. Probably tying into the time loop Midnighter gets stuck in.

Apollo is too redundant with Superman. OMAC is too close in design to some video game character which I think Janlin acknowledged. So killing her off would appease the lawyers.
    Superman being weaker is why he needs Apollo and I’d like to think DC would know better than to kill off one of their prominent gay characters who is in a stable relationship. My money is on OMAC since the plan was never to recruit her anyway. Lol I hope Manchester Black doesn’t bite it but I could see it happening, he’ll find his way back regardless eventually.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Main thing that makes Superman and Authority work is Superman and Black interacting with each other and with others. If you kill Black then you might as well drop the team.

My hope is that its fake out and PKJ doesn't start breaking toys that were just assembled.

Even if some of them did I can see Clark reviving them using whatever method Warworld has to bring back the dead. PKJ has clearly put a ton of time into building up Warworld. Perhaps one of Superman’s goals during the slave rebellion will be to seize the resurrection chamber or whatever and bring the dead Authority members back. That’s my hope anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, I could see that being one of the long term goals for Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hope authority members gets used properly.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Before, a gladiator Superman would have excited me, but after the last time the truth is that I do not believe it, I am not going to buy a gladiator Superman comic once again so that in the end it ends up being a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    [I]
    EDIT: A MARTIAN MANHUNTER BACK-UP? I'd still prefer an actual Super-verse character to have that back-up (c'mon, gimme something with Lois or Steel), but if you're going to have someone outside of the Super-verse, then Martian Manhunter is as good a choice as any other. Hopefully it's better than Tales of Metropolis or Midnighter (even if I enjoyed that one more than most).
    Where did you see the news about a Martian Manhunter backup? I love J’onn and I’d read something that isn’t another origin for him but I can’t find any announcement about Action having a Martian Manhunter backup.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Where did you see the news about a Martian Manhunter backup? I love J’onn and I’d read something that isn’t another origin for him but I can’t find any announcement about Action having a Martian Manhunter backup.
    It's written on the bottom right of the AC #1038 cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's written on the bottom right of the AC #1038 cover:

Well I look the fool I was reading the solicits elsewhere and they didn’t have the text/titles on it. Not familiar with Aldridge, hope he’s good. Melo’s art will be great at the very least

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The cover says Mendonca, the solicit says Sampere. I'm pretty happy with either, to be honest.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The cover says Mendonca, the solicit says Sampere. I'm pretty happy with either, to be honest.
    Let’s hope Mendonca doesn’t get poached next . Superman really needs an artist who will stick around and “define” him like Reis for GL, Capullo for Batman, or Porter for Flash.

Extraordinary Member

I’m glad Mongul is being built up back to being one of the deadliest Superman villains

Wasn’t sure where else to put this, but it looks like something is coming with Superman One Million:

Woods did Batman One Million as well and it’s explicitly not a commission: https://twitter.com/thatpetewoods/st...290708992?s=21

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1035 Preview
    Writer: Phillip K. Johnson
    Artist: Daniel Sampere
    Backup Writer: Sean Lewis
    Backup Artist: Sami Basri

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I’m really going to miss Sampere and Lucas delivering us some of the most beautiful and cinematic art of Superman on the comic pages.