Page 169 of 375 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Do we know how this is all supposed to fit together?

Superman is about to depart for Warworld with his Authority team. At some point he gets sent back in time, meets Kennedy and helps humans reach the moon. But we’ve also seen that he gets captured by Mongol and becomes a slave/gladiator. When he returns years later he’s in a weakened state and puts the Authority together again for the first time.

I’m confused.
    The time travel thing is an “off screen” past story. Superman and the Authority was happening concurrently with Action more or less.

Superman ends S&tA donning his “classic” costume but with the gray temples. In the upcoming Batman/Superman & the Authority Superman has the gray temples and the classic suit on. That story takes place inbetween the time skip within the last issue of Action between Clark talking to Bruce and Clark leaving Earth. So the timeline goes something like this:

Action -> Superman & the Authority -> Action -> Batman/Superman & The Authority -> Next issue of Action

Guessing B/S&tA will explain why Clark isn’t showing gray temples lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Here's hoping the answer is super-hair dye

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Superman is about to depart for Warworld with his Authority team. At some point he gets sent back in time, meets Kennedy and helps humans reach the moon. But we’ve also seen that he gets captured by Mongol and becomes a slave/gladiator. When he returns years later he’s in a weakened state and puts the Authority together again for the first time.

I’m confused.
    You summed it up pretty well. What are you confused about?

At this point I think that people are trying to make this sound confusing when this is about as confusing as any two Batman monthlies fitting in same timeline.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    At this point I think that people are trying to make this sound confusing when this is about as confusing as any two Batman monthlies fitting in same timeline.
    Exactly. I don't really get the hand-wringing over continuity in regards to this book. It's really not that complicated. Readers of ongoing monthly comics have always had to deal with this when characters are appearing in multiple titles.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I’m confused.
    PKJ said AC #1036 will clarify how his and Morrison's books connect. Let's wait and see if it'll make any sense.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Here's hoping the answer is super-hair dye
    Ha, yep! Clark dyes his hair immediately after shaving with the heat vision mirror trick. Supes gotta groom
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Authority Superman having a different costume and grey temples, elements like Kennedy give the impression he's native to that time do muddy the waters more than just two regular monthly appearances.

Incredible Member

Yeah, that's true. It's pretty obvious that Superman & the Authority wasn't meant to be this continuity when originally conceived. It does have a couple explanations in it: "I was lost in time" to explain Kennedy, "I put together this team to go to Warworld" to place it in a timeline with Action Comics (it happens in between Clark and Jon taking the Phaelosians to the Bermuda Fortress in AC 1031 and the JL kicking out Superman in 1035, though also presumably before the Warzoons attack the Bermuda Fortress in 1033), with an extra reference to Lois investigating Kandor to tie it even further with Action Comics. But this is... minutiae, so I'm not surprised people miss it and wonder where does it fit, specially because the suit and the hair throw people off. Suit can be handwaved away as just Superman not feeling like using his old suit (even if that's a very unsatisfactory answer), hair... will presumably have to wait until the Batman/Superman & the Authority one-shot. I joked before, but I wouldn't actually mind the "Clark's just dyeing his hair to be full black" explanation.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn, this is majestic.

Perhaps the people that were fooled by DC's PR stunt of "Superman becoming bisexual" will check out the book to see if Clark will hook up with Manchester Black. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Damn, this is majestic.

Perhaps the people that were fooled by DC's PR stunt of "Superman becoming bisexual" will check out the book to see if Clark will hook up with Manchester Black. ��
    And then they’ll see there’s already a gay Superman/Batman expy couple

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And then they’ll see there’s already a gay Superman/Batman expy couple
    Yep, lol. And they'll stick with the series for them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yep, lol. And they'll stick with the series for them at least.
    The Authority is the most LGBT stacked team at DC right now. Like a JLQ without the cringe name.