Page 183 of 375 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately due to continuity being a mess, you can’t really point to anything as proof of Superman’s combat skills right now (although I personally am a big believer that he should know how to box at least). That said Superman training in combat on account of Mongul is actually kind of a time honored tradition: Exile had him train, Mongul Jr. and Clark trained together to fight Imperiex, that recent great story in Man of Tomorrow by Dave Wielgosz had Clark train under someone who had previously trained others as part of his service to either Mongul or Darkseid (I forget which). All of that was training in how to use his powers however, or in hand to hand combat, I’m cool with Clark learning to use weapons since I don’t think we’ve ever seen him learn how to do that.

End of the day these characters always forget and relearn the same lessons. Batman has to keep relearning that the Batfamily are an asset not a drawback. I’m ok with Superman learning how to fight as long as we get a scene at the end of The Warworld Saga where Clark comes back Rocky style and kicks Mongul’s ass. Hopefully PKJ will get to keep writing him for a while so we don’t have to make Clark relearn training for at least the rest of his time on the books, and can just get to Clark kicking ass elsewhere.
    If they’re going to throw in random time travel adventures I would love it if Supes mentions training with Muhammad Ali while back in the 60s. Make Superman vs Ali part of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Another late cover reveal. lol. I guess this is for Feb. issue.
    Yep. Love Federeci’s art but I hope he can actually draw the back half of the Warworld Saga in time as planned lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Another "late" cover, for Jan.' AC #1039 by Sampere:

Yep. Love Federeci’s art but I hope he can actually draw the back half of the Warworld Saga in time as planned lol.
    Maybe he would've more time to finish the interiors if he wasn't busy to realize hyper-detailed painted covers that don't even get solicited.

Sampere doing covers while he works on the next big project? I’m not complaining. So Natasha and OMAC are still kicking at least. I just had a hilarious thought, we know Manchester can send his mental projection to inhabit other bodies even when his own is dead. Given PKJ’s love of writing him, what if Black sends his consciousness into Superman? Basically something similar to what Joker was in Arkham Knight? That would be fun.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Funnily enough he also shared Action #1040 now as well! Lot of great Mongul art is coming out.

See, I can't tell if the new Mongul is genuinely stronger than his predecessor or Clark Bent is just suffering from his old man syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    See, I can't tell if the new Mongul is genuinely stronger than his predecessor or Clark Bent is just suffering from his old man syndrome.
    I don't see it that he's physically stronger, but if feels like Mongul planned this out to come out on top very well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mix of both, but I think the real difference with this Mongul is his brains. Aside from the Black Mercy the old Monguls tended to just try outmuscle their way through life. This Mongul is more crafty, if riding one of the creatures from the Breach is meant to show he was tied to that event, it means he’s been playing the long term game. He weakened Superman, sent the Genesis fragment to Earth in a plot to create in-fighting amongst Earth for Superman to get involved in and alienate his allies, sent Thao there in order to provoke Superman into attacking him ASAP rather than waiting, and has apparently changed Warworld’s power source to be red solar radiation so Superman is even more weakened when he attacks.

Mix of both, but I think the real difference with this Mongul is his brains. Aside from the Black Mercy the old Monguls tended to just try outmuscle their way through life. This Mongul is more crafty, if riding one of the creatures from the Breach is meant to show he was tied to that event, it means he’s been playing the long term game. He weakened Superman, sent the Genesis fragment to Earth in a plot to create in-fighting amongst Earth for Superman to get involved in and alienate his allies, sent Thao there in order to provoke Superman into attacking him ASAP rather than waiting, and has apparently changed Warworld’s power source to be red solar radiation so Superman is even more weakened when he attacks.
    Yeah. I fail to see how Clark Bent is gonna get outta this one. He might need Batman's help.

Yeah. I fail to see how Clark Bent is gonna get outta this one. He might need Batman's help.
    Unfortunately he and Jace have never met so he’ll have to make do with Gay cybernetically enhanced Batman aka Midnighter.

Action Comics #1036 sold out!

Huge relief, hopefully it means people are hopping on and PKJ will get to do a long run that keeps a good level of quality.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Funnily enough he also shared Action #1040 now as well! Lot of great Mongul art is coming out.

I wonder where Federici covers fit. March or later release?

Huge relief, hopefully it means people are hopping on and PKJ will get to do a long run that keeps a good level of quality.
    Finally sales will go up for AC.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I bought the 'Man Who Fell' two-parter and then dropped both books. I felt it was a really weak opening and focused too much on Jon (as the chosen one) instead of Clark. It just did nothing for me. Also, Hester (whose work I usually like) was a really poor choice of artist.

I read the rest of the build up in my LCS, which I don't think was great, but now that we're at Warworld I'm buying again (after reading and thoroughly enjoying Action 1036 in the shop). I did buy Superman and the Authority, of course.

I wonder how many other fans did something similar.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I didn't even pick up Man Who Fell because PKJ continued what Bendis had started. And I feel kinda bad about it now? Either way I'm waiting for Warworld Rising trade now and after that I'll likely try to catch up with singles.

Unfortunately he and Jace have never met so he’ll have to make do with Gay cybernetically enhanced Batman aka Midnighter.
    Why'd you bring up Jace? I'm talking about Bruce. Y'know, the supergenius Batman who actually has feats.