Page 10 of 375 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t believe it took me this long but I think I realized why they’re not deaging Jon: Superman & Lois. Jon is a teenager in that, younger than his current comic self but still waaaay older than 10. Creative synergy baby, lines up with DC pretty blatantly moving into becoming an IP factory.

in that case, someone is going to have to tell poor martha and jonathan to go back into their casket, lol.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-16-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Can’t believe it took me this long but I think I realized why they’re not deaging Jon: Superman & Lois. Jon is a teenager in that, younger than his current comic self but still waaaay older than 10. Creative synergy baby, lines up with DC pretty blatantly moving into becoming an IP factory.
    I came here to post exactly this. With a new show coming out where he has two teenage sons, there's not a lot of incentive to turn Jon back into a little kid.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looking back at the press release, I'm surprised they'd mention a massive supreman event happening soon when we just learned about who is taking over. And there are only 3 Superman books currently, so just how big of a event can it be? Hope we get a least one more super book in the line, such as a Steel title.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I'll say something: I'm always an optimistic person, so I'm approaching this with an open mind. It's new talent, and I'm always excited when I hear about a Superman event (He deserves very much).

However, I really can't understand why DC doesn't put a real super star team of creators, at the height of their powers, on Superman and Action Comics; I'm not talking about has beens who were once really big 10, 20,30 years ago...

I don’t think so honestly. They’d have to age that kid up too and I don’t think DC would go for that again (least I hope not). Maybe a sister down the line given both Bendis & Tomasi teased the idea.
    With a post Death Metal Reboot coming, they could just have the kid be retconned in as a teenager.

Is anyone else worried that they're really going to kill Clark and replace him with Jon?
    I worry that they're going to pull a bait and switch and we're going to get a modified G5 with Jon, a black Batman, Yara as Wonder Woman, etc.
    I may or may not be paranoid but this "everything changes" has me worried.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Is anyone else worried that they're really going to kill Clark and replace him with Jon?
    I worry that they're going to pull a bait and switch and we're going to get a modified G5 with Jon, a black Batman, Yara as Wonder Woman, etc.
    I'm also concerned. I won't lie. I'm getting 1990s Spider-Man Clone Saga vibes from this announcement, which is worrying. I hope I'm overreacting.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-16-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

For some reason I'm not so worried about that prospect right now, personally. I don't really know why, I guess I'm just hoping they listened to all the heat the idea of replacing Clark got when 5G was leaked.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I doubt it. Yara has a Wonder girl comic coming, Tynion's Batman's carrying on so no reason why the Superside should get a drastic overhaul

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New talent getting opportunities is always a good thing, but I'm not terribly interested in this direction. Or anything featuring Jon really.

Though with Red and Blue, and Waid's possible Black Label book, I'm not too bummed. The latter now not being in the main canon actually gives it a shot to be better

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

in that case, someone is going to have to tell poor martha and jonathan to go back into their casket, lol.
    I would give you kid Jon fans “your” Jon back in a heartbeat if it meant Ma & Pa went back to being dead. Seeing their usage in Endless Winter just reminded me of everything I dislike about how they’re typically used. So let me know when you’re ready to make that Faustian bargain lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looking back at the press release, I'm surprised they'd mention a massive supreman event happening soon when we just learned about who is taking over. And there are only 3 Superman books currently, so just how big of a event can it be? Hope we get a least one more super book in the line, such as a Steel title.
    I think Supergirl will get a book, she has one in Future State after all. Would love to see a Steel book again by either Brandon Thomas or Christopher Priest. The event is in September so it may end up just being a Superman crossover between the Superman and Action books like Superman Reborn, and I guess Janin is drawing it. I wonder what it will be about?

If it’s an event involving every non team book Superman or his Family members are in, that means Superman, Action Comics, Suicide Squad (since Kon will be there), Batman/Superman, and maybe Supergirl if that gets relaunched. That’s not a bad amount of books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I'll say something: I'm always an optimistic person, so I'm approaching this with an open mind. It's new talent, and I'm always excited when I hear about a Superman event (He deserves very much).

However, I really can't understand why DC doesn't put a real super star team of creators, at the height of their powers, on Superman and Action Comics; I'm not talking about has beens who were once really big 10, 20,30 years ago...
    The problem is who in DC’s lineup would even come close to super star status? Scott Snyder is completely uninterested in anything outside of Batman & Gotham. Tynion is on Batman. There’s Williamson I guess, I loved his Barry Allan Flash run, wouldn’t mind seeing him write the book. I would kill to have Yang on it again with non crap editorial but alas Yang is basically pre-IH Ewing tier right now (hopefully Batman/Superman will raise his profile). Waid is definitely old news (whether he’s a has-been or not we’ll see, I think he’s got enough fuel left in him for one last good Superman story). DC is clearly taking a gamble here with PKJ, they’re hoping he’ll be their Donny Cates, that much is patently obvious.

The only two creators I’d kill to see on Superman are Al Ewing (and I want him on Hulk until he’s done because Hulk is my favorite Marvel character) and Jonathan Hickman (not happening any time soon). Can’t get either of those so might as well try some new blood. All that said I would’ve picked Watters & Lewis over PKJ, but clearly editorial believes in him, so we’ll see what he’s got.
    Clark’s safe, he’s Superman in the TV show, Superman in the DCEU, Superman in a wide variety of medium. The whole first arc is about preventing his death, and he’s alive and well in Future State alongside Jon. I’m not worried, creative synergy will keep his ass safe lol.

I would give you kid Jon fans “your” Jon back in a heartbeat if it meant Ma & Pa went back to being dead. Seeing their usage in Endless Winter just reminded me of everything I dislike about how they’re typically used. So let me know when you’re ready to make that Faustian bargain lol.
    Deal! Take 'em! I like them (mostly because I hate the "heroes with dead parents" trope), but I don't need them around! Go on and kill 'em! I'll help!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The problem is who in DC’s lineup would even come close to super star status? Scott Snyder is completely uninterested in anything outside of Batman & Gotham. Tynion is on Batman. There’s Williamson I guess, I loved his Barry Allan Flash run, wouldn’t mind seeing him write the book. I would kill to have Yang on it again with non crap editorial but alas Yang is basically pre-IH Ewing tier right now (hopefully Batman/Superman will raise his profile). Waid is definitely old news (whether he’s a has-been or not we’ll see, I think he’s got enough fuel left in him for one last good Superman story). DC is clearly taking a gamble here with PKJ, they’re hoping he’ll be their Donny Cates, that much is patently obvious.

The only two creators I’d kill to see on Superman are Al Ewing (and I want him on Hulk until he’s done because Hulk is my favorite Marvel character) and Jonathan Hickman (not happening any time soon). Can’t get either of those so might as well try some new blood. All that said I would’ve picked Watters & Lewis over PKJ, but clearly editorial believes in him, so we’ll see what he’s got.

You make sense. Also, these two ( Hickman and Ewing) are my choices to write a Superman book. It would be a dream if we could have them both writing Superman and AC.

I think Supergirl will get a book, she has one in Future State after all. Would love to see a Steel book again by either Brandon Thomas or Christopher Priest. The event is in September so it may end up just being a Superman crossover between the Superman and Action books like Superman Reborn, and I guess Janin is drawing it. I wonder what it will be about?

If it’s an event involving every non team book Superman or his Family members are in, that means Superman, Action Comics, Suicide Squad (since Kon will be there), Batman/Superman, and maybe Supergirl if that gets relaunched. That’s not a bad amount of books.

Clark’s safe, he’s Superman in the TV show, Superman in the DCEU, Superman in a wide variety of medium. The whole first arc is about preventing his death, and he’s alive and well in Future State alongside Jon. I’m not worried, creative synergy will keep his ass safe lol.
    Thanks that does make me feel a little better about Clark's safety!
    But fans also have been vocal about getting kid Jon back and that doesn't seem to be happening, so I don't trust editorial.
    Hopefully it will all be good.

New blood is always good. So at least I look forward to that...however I'm not too keen on the Job focus bs. Give him his own ongoing . Not a fan of one writer for both books. Feels limitating. Also I agree with Bordan to having the Kent's being dead again. They are much more impactful dead than alive.
    Last edited by Prime; 12-16-2020 at 06:19 PM.