Page 102 of 375 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5625
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon being like in man of metropolis is what i would like.Considering it's taylor i doubt that's going to happen.Heck! i liked the supersentai jon.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    As for the sparring partner, not sure I'll post a lot in the future, feeling a little down on comics for the moment (even if Urban Legends and some announcements are making me a little happier so I may re-appear a little more). Sorry !
    Aw. I'm sorry to hear that. I definitely know the feeling. The whole New 52 era pretty much had me in a state where I did not give a **** about comics anymore. So I definitely sympathize.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Action Comics No. 1033

Writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and artist Daniel Sampere keep Superman on the front lines in his battle to free the prisoners of Warwold in Action Comics No.1033, on sale Tuesday, July 27. This issue takes the action to Atlantis and the Fortress of Solitude, where Warworld refugees have taken possession of dangerous Warworld tech, bringing it to Aquaman’s undersea kingdom and risking an all-out war that even Superman may not be able to prevent. Meanwhile, some of the escaped Warworld prisoners have found the Fortress of Solitude and along with it, Lois Lane! Plus in this 40-page blockbuster’s second feature, Midnighter has gone deep into the Trojan compound and found a very unexpected guest whose path he crossed in Future State — none other than Shilo Norman, a.k.a. Mister Miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This one can still serve for Action Comics. Son of Kal-El already has it's own thread.
    Fair enough, suppose it’s better to keep discussion separate anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

PKJ's SM and AC debut issues out of the Top 50 in March (#52 and #71 respectively): https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

Overall, it doesn't seem that the Infinite Frontier initiative is bumping sales for DC.

Oh hey, Lois .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    PKJ's SM and AC debut issues out of the Top 50 in March (#52 and #71 respectively): https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

Overall, it doesn't seem that the Infinite Frontier initiative is bumping sales for DC.
    I'm still not sure how they are compiling this list given they don't have access to real shipping numbers. It sounds like they basically just kind of get a poll and extrapolate out. Regardless, if sales were generally up across the board as they say, the actual unit sales could be better than the rankings show. Particularly with weird things like Keanu's book in #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, Lois .
    And sounds like she's actually going to get something to do this month!

Can he at least save Jon from the most basic broad that is Saturn Girl at the least? Hell are they even still a thing I don't even recall how Legion ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm still not sure how they are compiling this list given they don't have access to real shipping numbers. It sounds like they basically just kind of get a poll and extrapolate out. Regardless, if sales were generally up across the board as they say, the actual unit sales could be better than the rankings show. Particularly with weird things like Keanu's book in #1.
    This is what they say about their datas:

"Lunar did not report anything about its sales. Given the lack of official information, Comichron has drawn upon a subset of known retail orders both to determine approximate rankings. The subset represents a sizable number of copies; only initial orders for periodicals were examined. No statistical adjustments have been made for returnability and no later returns have been subtracted out."
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2021-03DC.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I’m not surprised sales didn’t get a bump. This is why you relaunch with a new #1. I know some of y’all like to bitch and moan about that, but it does help sales, especially in situations like Infinite Frontier. Obviously Action and Detective should be exempt from this rule, but there’s no reason for Nightwing, Justice League, and Wonder Woman keeping their previous numbering

Without the new #1s, which while cheap always brought sales boosts, it doesn't surprise me that this didn't bump sales. Even the best idea for a new initiative wouldn't really boost much without the hype gimmicks. Its only quality and good word of mouth that would give any reasonable rise, something not many of the titles are getting, especially the Superman line which looks to be flopping. And I won't lie and say that doesn't bring a smile to my face.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can he at least save Jon from the most basic broad that is Saturn Girl at the least? Hell are they even still a thing I don't even recall how Legion ended?
    DC hasn't officially said that Legion is cancelled, but there hasn't been an issue in months. So they must have quietly cancelled it.

Now that Jon will have his own book, I hope PKJ will give Superman more motivation than his son, because so far, that's all we got.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I’m not surprised sales didn’t get a bump. This is why you relaunch with a new #1. I know some of y’all like to bitch and moan about that, but it does help sales, especially in situations like Infinite Frontier. Obviously Action and Detective should be exempt from this rule, but there’s no reason for Nightwing, Justice League, and Wonder Woman keeping their previous numbering
    By the looks of it PKJ's run is just setting up the actual relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Number 1's and variants. Marvel's sales are built on smoke and mirrors of variant sales, and a lot of them being tiered variants as well. Immortal Hulk has like 4 or more variants per issue. It's a successful book, but there is no question that if they followed DC"s with only one variant per regular issues it wouldn't be putting up the numbers it does. The speculator market was bad before and seems to have exploded over the last year.