Page 142 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to Comichron's June 2021 sales projections, SM and AC rank #79 and #102 respectively in the chart. This is the lower 20k (and below) range of the old days. ��

Surprised and disappointed that the Supergirl mini didn't debut higher (only #73).

Full June comic sales: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-06.html
    DC’s decision not to do another linewide relaunch, while commendable, was the wrong call. Alas quality doesn’t mean anything, it’s all about those shiny new #1’s (and Batman) those are the only things that seem to get peoples attention.
    The original plans for 5G, lol: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dami...g-dc-universe/

I don't think it's the direction that is affecting sales. They were down and kept going down without a proper reboot/relaunch. Without the 2018's relaunch, the SM books would've fallen already that low 2 years ago.

Btw, I don't expect Taylor's book doing any better past the first issues. If readers aren't dumb, it'll be viewed as a Superboy book (which it actually is, despite the title) and it'll sell as such.
    So they were planning to make Damian a villain. That’s one thing that won’t be happening anymore at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Perhaps I do give too much credit towards my hatred of the direction. I think that's definitely part of it, but it is true past efforts have dropped without relaunches too.

No, Taylor's book isn't going to do anything in regards to being any sort of savior. #1 will sell a whole bunch, and it'll just be downhill from there.
    I feel they'll drag the status quo anyway for whatever time they have already planned regardless sales or reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I have been out of the loop. The ones posted above are the projections. Does anyone know the real sales? I don't remember whether there is a special thread or anything. I am just curious to see how low this stuff has gone (I mean, we are talking of "Wonder Woman in early 2000s" levels here, before Rucka's relaunch, when basically no one - and I mean NO ONE - was reading it).
    Real sales aren't available anymore after DC dropped Diamond as distributor in the middle of 2020.

I feel they'll drag the status quo anyway for whatever time they have already planned regardless sales or reception.

Real sales aren't available anymore after DC dropped Diamond as distributor in the middle of 2020.
    Up until Williamson’s event at least since everything is building to that as the culmination of Infinite Frontier. But man it really shows why there’s so much Batman, outside of the Batverse DC is in dire straits. Flash in particular is doing really poorly despite giving Wally fans what they supposedly have been clamoring for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I still think there is some sort of disconnect between Comichron's estimates and actual sales. DC basically has their own distributor now, so they know exactly what sales are. If the situation was a dire as it appears I think we'd be seeing some shuffling.

Digital sales grew quite a bit last year and brought in over half of what monthly floppies did. Some COVID skewing there I'm sure, but that is a solid growth in sales for digital numbers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I still think there is some sort of disconnect between Comichron's estimates and actual sales. DC basically has their own distributor now, so they know exactly what sales are. If the situation was a dire as it appears I think we'd be seeing some shuffling.

Digital sales grew quite a bit last year and brought in over half of what monthly floppies did. Some COVID skewing there I'm sure, but that is a solid growth in sales for digital numbers.
    True

Let’s assume that 75 percent of sales is on comichron

That means that Superman sales would have to be closer to 30,000-36,000

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC’s decision not to do another linewide relaunch, while commendable, was the wrong call. Alas quality doesn’t mean anything, it’s all about those shiny new #1’s (and Batman) those are the only things that seem to get peoples attention.
    As controversial it was, DiDio's aborted idea of making everybody older and jump out of nowhere into a new status quo, would've generated more hype and curiosity. Even starting in media res with the current SM leading the Authority in a relaunched book in March could've helped, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Up until Williamson’s event at least since everything is building to that as the culmination of Infinite Frontier. But man it really shows why there’s so much Batman, outside of the Batverse DC is in dire straits. Flash in particular is doing really poorly despite giving Wally fans what they supposedly have been clamoring for.
    Williamson's Flash outsold SM during Rebirth up to Bendis' relaunch, but it fell into the 20k range in 2020, keep the series going but with a different Flash didn't seem to have helped.

Yeah, 60% of DC's books being about Batman just show the status of the other franchises. A lot of characters can't even sustain an ongoing anymore. (*cough* Supergirl *cough*)

Astonishing Member

Seriously? Ok, thx.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Incredible Member

At least Supergirl still has her own mini. Poor Aquaman and Green Arrow have to share one! And it's actually shorter than Kara's!

Anyway, my thoughts on that sales report went from "damn, the Superman line is really hurting" to "Holy ****, the entirety of DC except for the Batverse is doing horribly". That it's not necessarily an accurate projection just somewhat aliviates those fears.

Seriously? Ok, thx.
    Latest "real sales" available are from March 2020: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-03.html

Titles like Flash and WW dropped in the 20k range. GL #2 and AC were selling 32/33k and likely dropped in the 20k range after few issues. Tynion's BM was going up. The trend was that back then. The current projections don't show much difference.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-20-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Latest "real sales" available are from March 2020: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-03.html

Titles like Flash and WW dropped in the 20k range. GL #2 and AC were selling 32/33k and likely dropped in the 20k range after few issues. Tynion's BM was going up. The trend was that back then. The current projections don't show much difference.
    Thx. As I said above, I am not following this stuff much anymore, but what I get here is that they have basically lost any direction after Didio left. It's not that they are planning a relaunch or anything (well, unless the abysmally boring Infinite Frontier stuff was supposed to be the relaunch), but rather we are getting a lite version of 5G until... Well, I don't know.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Thx. As I said above, I am not following this stuff much anymore, but what I get here is that they have basically lost any direction after Didio left. It's not that they are planning a relaunch or anything (well, unless the abysmally boring Infinite Frontier stuff was supposed to be the relaunch), but rather we are getting a lite version of 5G until... Well, I don't know.
    They don't plan to do a line wide relaunch like during the DiDio era. Jim Lee talked about it at the past Fandome, they'll treat the series separately, etc.

They have a Crisis event planned from next year though, it's already teased in the current books. Maybe a lot of series will tie to it to get a boost, idk.

They don't plan to do a line wide relaunch like during the DiDio era. Jim Lee talked about it at the past Fandome, they'll treat the series separately, etc.

They have a Crisis event planned from next year though, it's already teased in the current books. Maybe a lot of series will tie to it to get a boost, idk.
    They’re going to have to, and we’ll probably get a linewide relaunch afterwards.

Lol, so finally, we would have gotten a storyline where a Bat character is the bad guy and a Super the good guy. Only the Super would have been a character I loathed, so I would have rooted for Damian anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The original plans for 5G, lol: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dami...g-dc-universe/

I don't think it's the direction that is affecting sales. They were down and kept going down without a proper reboot/relaunch. Without the 2018's relaunch, the SM books would've fallen already that low 2 years ago.

Btw, I don't expect Taylor's book doing any better past the first issues. If readers aren't dumb, it'll be viewed as a Superboy book (which it actually is, despite the title) and it'll sell as such.
    The sales numbers hurt, but not as much as further shitting on Clark to build up Jon. We are now confirmed to have dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lol, so finally, we would have gotten a storyline where a Bat character is the bad guy and a Super the good guy. Only the Super would have been a character I loathed, so I would have rooted for Damian anyway.
    It would have come at the expense of "well your dad's a dick now, Jon, so we need you to be Superman."

DC doesn't give with both hands.

Astonishing Member

Read it somewhere. But I find it difficult to think that they won't do anything more radical, considering the hopeless mess the continuity is right now, and some situations they need to settle. For example: Alfred is still dead, isn't he? Plus: more and more and more parallel earths creates a situation which sounds worryingly similar to the pre-Crisis one, but even worse. Oh well, I'll read this mini and then I'll follow the company drama as usual.