Page 147 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 5625
    Incredible Member

The 30k - 40k range is nothing to be excited about, but it still does somewhat calm me that it's in that range and not even lower. Who knows, maybe Action Comics will get a boost now that it's the only Clark solo ongoing.

If this whole initiative truly is as focused on potential adaptations as it's been said, then yes, I see no way they're ending Jon's tenure as Superman anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The 30k - 40k range is nothing to be excited about, but it still does somewhat calm me that it's in that range and not even lower. Who knows, maybe Action Comics will get a boost now that it's the only Clark solo ongoing.

If this whole initiative truly is as focused on potential adaptations as it's been said, then yes, I see no way they're ending Jon's tenure as Superman anytime soon.
    People are acting like there cannot be two Supermen at the same time when they are already doing that with Yara flor AFTER Diana returns to earth

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure if sales would be different at all if instead of S:SoK we had just Superman.
    They’d probably just have stayed in the 30k where they are now. We’ll see where SSOKE lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I doubt Batman will be cancelled and given to Jace and Ridley. Yara is doing really well judging by the 2nd issue.

I'm sure I said it already elsewhere, but I think DC has a beginning, middle and end planned for this status quo (2 years max?) and they'll keep it going no matter sales or reception.
    That seems likely. Perhaps the end of the Infinite Frontier era will result in another huge shake-up, or it will be another “back to basics”. By the time IF ends the black Supermen projects will probably be ready to debut so they may switch to one of those as the focus, or they may double down on Clark again. But if WB is truly eyeing Jon for adaption, DC may stick with him simply because as long as Taylor’s Jon stuff continues to be well received, it will likely result in profitable movies or whatever down the road in front of the general audience.

And I also don’t Jace will get Batman, not with the line as dependent on Bruce as it is right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’d probably just have stayed in the 30k where they are now. We’ll see where SSOKE lands.

That seems likely. Perhaps the end of the Infinite Frontier era will result in another huge shake-up, or it will be another “back to basics”. By the time IF ends the black Supermen projects will probably be ready to debut so they may switch to one of those as the focus, or they may double down on Clark again. But if WB is truly eyeing Jon for adaption, DC may stick with him simply because as long as Taylor’s Jon stuff continues to be well received, it will likely result in profitable movies or whatever down the road in front of the general audience.

And I also don’t Jace will get Batman, not with the line as dependent on Bruce as it is right now.
    If DiDio was still around, the era would've ended with the 5G replacements being killed or erased and a “back to basics” reboot/relaunch to bring back the originals. The new regime is "unpredictable" for me (at least for now). But I expect a focus back to the original heroes in 2 years.

BANNED

Didio is the one who would erase legacy characters

From what I am gathering, everything about this new regime is about rejecting everything didio

If DiDio was still around, the era would've ended with the 5G replacements being killed or erased and a “back to basics” reboot/relaunch to bring back the originals. The new regime is "unpredictable" for me (at least for now). But I expect a focus back to the original heroes in 2 years.
    Thing is, both the current Superman direction and where Tynion wants to take Batman, leaves both of those franchises in a spot where you really can’t “go back” outside of either a reboot or a new line. Maybe that’s what Elseworld will be setting up, a new Earth with fresh versions of their big characters in a quasi “classic” state.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Thing is, both the current Superman direction and where Tynion wants to take Batman, leaves both of those franchises in a spot where you really can’t “go back” outside of either a reboot or a new line. Maybe that’s what Elseworld will be setting up, a new Earth with fresh versions of their big characters in a quasi “classic” state.
    It depends on what you define as “back to basics”

Falcon is still captain America running around with Steve even after he came back

The same could very well apply to a post-infinite frontier world

Jon Superman/jace Batman going on adventures with their predessors

I wouldn't really say that. I'm not fully up to speed with where Batman is right now, but if its mainly restoring his fortune and stripping Gotham away from the Magistrate, both those can be accomplished without a reboot. And it's not like Alfred couldn't be brought back easily enough. Fox goes back to being a side character. Same for the current Super books. He liberates WarWorld, his powers get restored in the process and he comes home. The "new" proto-Kryptonians go live with Zod. Jon goes back to being an aged up Superboy or gets de-aged somehow - time travel, etc. It's easy enough to clean up both if they want to.

If you meant back to a "Year One" or something setup. I don't think they'd go back to that at all, particularly with Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DDC #12 teased that a 5G earth would be formed after another reboot and the legacy stuff would continue off panel there. But these were the original plans when everybody was supposed to become older, etc.

Hard to predict, but they are probably stuck themselves in a corner by keeping DiDio's 5G without his reboot every 4/5 years plans.

BANNED

DDC #12 teased that a 5G earth would be formed after another reboot and the legacy stuff would continue off panel there. But these were the original plans when everybody was supposed to become older, etc.

Hard to predict, but they are probably stuck themselves in a corner by keeping DiDio's 5G without his reboot every 4/5 years plans.
    I would love didio’s plans to be it’s own earth...preferably merged with the Batman beyond universe

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    People are acting like there cannot be two Supermen at the same time when they are already doing that with Yara flor AFTER Diana returns to earth
    Yara Flor is Wonder Girl

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yara Flor is Wonder Girl
    There is evidence that they are going to give her the “Wonder Woman” moniker despite Diana being back

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yara Flor is Wonder Girl
    I’m expecting them to make her WW before long, considering she’s older than Jon per Joelle. I also don’t think the WG book will last long given how poorly Joelle has done at hitting her deadlines, so I think a relaunch is coming, maybe titled Yara Flor: WW.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    There is evidence that they are going to give her the “Wonder Woman” moniker despite Diana being back
    Diana's probably mainly coming back to give her the moniker in the first place, honestly.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Diana's probably mainly coming back to give her the moniker in the first place, honestly.
    I guess that just about sums up DC's treatment of Diana in general.