Page 15 of 375 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Jon front and center is unsettling.
    It is, but if you look at the Batman one, they kinda do the same thing with Damian and his new duds a little but in front of Bruce. Its annoying, but hopefully not an indicator of anything.

So yeah, I mean if they do plan to do all this to have him take over I'm gone for good, no if ands or buts. But for some reason I'm still a little less scared of that possibility now than I was before Didio was fired. I'm willing to give this new blood the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah sales and fan reception are why they killed off Superbro.
    You might have a point because DC mismanaged the hell out of him but introducing Jon is a part of it too.

You guys are reading a lot into a variant cover. You guys read a lot into that one Reis Superman cover a while back that teased Jon’s return where he looked all angry and evil. Everyone freaked out and said Bendis was making Jon evil and killing him off. Yet in the actual story he was nothing like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That's what I've afraid of. I'm definitely getting the replacement vibe from teases we've received so far.
    We will have to see but it won't last

You guys are reading a lot into a variant cover. You guys read a lot into that one Reis Superman cover a while back that teased Jon’s return where he looked all angry and evil. Everyone freaked out and said Bendis was making Jon evil and killing him off. Yet in the actual story he was nothing like that at all.
    We just speculating the worst case scenario

Probably my favorite aspect of the splash is Toyman in the background hanging onto a bunch of balloons, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    We will have to see but it won't last
    Oh, you're right. No way Jon can carry the titles for long if he replaces Clark. I have no doubt Jon stepping into his dad's shoes would fail. Bland Teen Jon simply isn't a strong enough character to hold anyone's interest for long. He's OG Superboy 2.0 nothing more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It is, but if you look at the Batman one, they kinda do the same thing with Damian and his new duds a little but in front of Bruce. Its annoying, but hopefully not an indicator of anything.

So yeah, I mean if they do plan to do all this to have him take over I'm gone for good, no if ands or buts. But for some reason I'm still a little less scared of that possibility now than I was before Didio was fired. I'm willing to give this new blood the benefit of the doubt.
    I don’t think permanently replacing Clark with Jon is in the cards. Look at how important creative synergy is to DC right now. Clark is Superman in the movies, the TV show, the video games, etc. I don’t see him getting killed off and replaced with his son who isn’t poised at all to take over for him in any of the outside mediums right now.
    You might have a point because DC mismanaged the hell out of him but introducing Jon is a part of it too.
    Personally I think it’s the other way around. Their mismanagement of Superbro led them to allow Jon to exist, and when Superbro continued to flounder because of their incompetence, they chose to kill and replace him with Superdad rather than fix Superbro. But they didn’t kill Superbro off specifically for Jon imo.
    We just speculating the worst case scenario
    Hah well I can’t promise you that everything will work out, I’ve seen too many promising Superman ideas crash and burn or be executed ineptly, but I don’t think Clark is going anywhere.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't think they are reading too much into it,realistically.The chances of it happening are high.I got the wally west vibe from the start.At best,we get superman being this mentor figure and teaching jon the ropes.You know the wierdest part is.Either way,i am gonna get what i want.fans can get pissed the sale tank.Kid jon returns.(since,supersons it seems to have a base will likley be around).if not a different superman untethered by preconcieved notions of fans can be built from scratch.All new all different superman with all new stories.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-17-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think they are reading too much into it,realistically.The chances of it happening are high.I got the wally west vibe from the start.At best,we get superman being this mentor figure and teaching jon the ropes.You know the wierdest part is.Either way,i am gonna get what i want.fans can get pissed the sale tank.Kid jon returns.if not a different superman untethered by preconcieved notions of fans can be built from scratch.All new all different superman with all new stories.
    I'd much rather we get an alternate version of Val-Zod or a new character than Bland Teen Jon who is nothing more than an OG Superboy (young Clark) clone (both in appearance and personality). I've never been one for forced diversity in comic books but now is the time to have a POC Superman if replacing Clark is indeed their plan. They should be bold. Go big or go home. Give us something truly different not mini-Clark without his baggage.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Well, let's say that I would be a bit quieter if the first storyline was not about Superman's possible demise and there wasn't already a Future State story with Jon as the new Superman (as far as I remember, Damian is NOT future Batman in Future State).

Well, if - and it is a pretty big IF - it happens I doubt that it would be because PKJ - whom I still somehow trust - really wants it. He would merely be the executor of an order from above, more or less like King in Heroes in Crisis. I guess that it all depends on the very reason why the powers that be decided that Jon should exist - they had wanted a son of Superman for such a long time that they clearly had something in mind, and no one know what. If those reasons are still important, I guess that Didio's departure doesn't change much.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A fan on twitter: "What if I'm excited about your Superman run, but am not a fan of Jon Kent or all the focus on him?"

Phillip Kennedy Johnson: "Oh man. I wish I could answer that completely, but you’ll be in good shape. Keep in mind there are *two* Superman titles."

Source: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...25262653321227

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'd much rather we get an alternate version of Val-Zod or a new character than Bland Teen Jon who is nothing more than an OG Superboy (young Clark) clone (both in appearance and personality). I've never been one for forced diversity in comic books but now is the time to have a POC Superman if replacing Clark is indeed their plan. They should be bold. Go big or go home. Give us something truly different not mini-Clark without his baggage.
    Hey! i didn't say it was perfect.I am just saying it works for me.I am sure.Some writer can do actual stories with jon as superman than just essays about hope and not just family/office drama,fluff..etc.For all i care, the new superman can have a tale,a sword and wear a cowboy hat.I am just gonna have fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A fan on twitter: "What if I'm excited about your Superman run, but am not a fan of Jon Kent or all the focus on him?"

Phillip Kennedy Johnson: "Oh man. I wish I could answer that completely, but you’ll be in good shape. Keep in mind there are *two* Superman titles."

what do you know,i guess we are gonna have clark being the mentor figure.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-17-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Obviously Teen Jon will be getting one book and kid Jon will be getting the other

Basically looks like the setup from Bendis will be continuing. One book will be Clark & Jon focused, the other more focused on Clark alone.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Obviously Teen Jon will be getting one book and kid Jon will be getting the other

Basically looks like the setup from Bendis will be continuing. One book will be Clark & Jon focused, the other more focused on Clark alone.
    Or one book will focus on Jon alone and the other on Clark. Like in Future State.