Page 151 of 376 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5626
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Still drawing Superman & the Authority I guess. I’m doubting he’ll ever hop on at this point, I expect DC to put him elsewhere.
    I remember when we thought he was going to be drawing this big event PKJ is currently doing, maybe he'll draw a unanouned superman book or something.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sadly even with Sampere Action hasn’t picked up a bunch of sales. Doesn’t look like Sampere has pushed people to check out the book unfortunately. A bad artist can tank sales more than a good one can raise them these days, I just hope PKJ isn’t left with Godwelski, his art is not for me.
    Agreed. We are already losing Reis on Batman/Superman and now Sampere. There has been no shortage of outstanding art on the Super book of late, I just hope whoever they land isn't too much of a downgrade and can stick around for a while.

+1 for Xermanico coming on board. I think the style would fit nicely with the current story and scope.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 08-16-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Batman is in like at least 3/4 of all book for the new solicitation,
    seriously so many Batman.
    To that end I think there were 9 Bat-related books last week (11 if you count JL and IF). Newsarama did some calcs on the Nov and Dec solicits as well (well over half!). Not really shocking per se, but it kind of is. Massive percentage of the output overall.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dark-knig...vember-titles/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Agreed. We are already losing Reis on Batman/Superman and now Sampere. There has been no shortage of outstanding art on the Super book of late, I just hope whoever they land isn't too much of a downgrade and can stick around for a while.

+1 for Xermanico coming on board. I think the style would fit nicely with the current story and scope.
    Batman/Superman is ending as a whole so I’m curious where Reis will end up. I don’t think Xermancio will end up on Action, he’s being positioned as a “big” artist and will probably end up doing either JL or Williamson’s event if Sampere hasn’t been tapped for that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It seems like every time the Superman comics get a good crop of artists, DC decides to move them up the ladder onto a Justice League, Batman or event comic book. Jorge Jiminez is staying on Batman for the foreseeable future, Mankhe moved onto Detective Comics at the end of the Rebirth run, Gleason moved over to Marvel after his potential was squandered on Bendis books, Sook was switched over to the low selling Legion comic and now Sampere has been snapped up for a bigger project after DC have recognised his obvious talent. I suppose Ivan Reis had an extended run on Bendis' Superman and Paul Pelletier was a solid fixture on Venditti's Man of Tomorrow run IMO, even if he's not as big a name these days. Sadly, it appears none of the big name artists stay on a Superman comic for long.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    It seems like every time the Superman comics get a good crop of artists, DC decides to move them up the ladder onto a Justice League, Batman or event comic book. Jorge Jiminez is staying on Batman for the foreseeable future, Mankhe moved onto Detective Comics at the end of the Rebirth run, Gleason moved over to Marvel after his potential was squandered on Bendis books, Sook was switched over to the low selling Legion comic and now Sampere has been snapped up for a bigger project after DC have recognised his obvious talent. I suppose Ivan Reis had an extended run on Bendis' Superman and Paul Pelletier was a solid fixture on Venditti's Man of Tomorrow run IMO, even if he's not as big a name these days. Sadly, it appears none of the big name artists stay on a Superman comic for long.
    Their pay is depended on the sales and as long as Superman books just sell in the 30k range, it will continue. I mean nobody takes a pay cut, they must know there worth

It's all a bit chicken and egg but the only hope for most books is to get a up and coming talent early in his career before they turn to Event books and limited series. If there is one obvious thing in comics in 2021, it's that nobody likes doing monthly ongoings anymore. The times of Kirby and Byrne who could draw 100 pages a month or Todd who could do Spider-Man and The Hulk at the same time are over. Hey nobody even does 12 issues and a annual alone anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Their pay is depended on the sales and as long as Superman books just sell in the 30k range, it will continue. I mean nobody takes a pay cut, they must know there worth

It's all a bit chicken and egg but the only hope for most books is to get a up and coming talent early in his career before they turn to Event books and limited series. If there is one obvious thing in comics in 2021, it's that nobody likes doing monthly ongoings anymore. The times of Kirby and Byrne who could draw 100 pages a month or Todd who could do Spider-Man and The Hulk at the same time are over. Hey nobody even does 12 issues and a annual alone anymore
    Fair point, the noticeable drop in Superman sales has probably resulted in any artists who show a high level of talent being moved up to more profitable, higher selling comics. It's a shame for Superman fans, but that's the way the business work.

There've been a couple of up and comers in recent years who made their name as the artists for Superman. Jorge Jiminez, Aaron Kuder and now Sampere are prime examples of this. I do miss the days of consistent artists on a series. The closest we've gotten as of late has been Joe Bennett on Immortal Hulk, and even there have been some filler artists to cover him.

Spectacular Member

Bendis destroyed the PKJ run before it even started

Talking about Superman books.

I should trust in what this Van Sciver said about Kal-El or ignore him? Not interested in see Kal-El replaced But is not the first time that I listen about problems with Superman creators descendance.

"DC Comics has had a lot of problems maintaining the trademark for Superman because you know, he's old. He's an old character, and the family would desperately like money because their family, their ancestors who created Superman got completely f'd over," said Van Sciver. "I mean Superman has made billions and billions and billions of dollars in revenue and those two boys who made up Superman got 'bupkis,' they were Jewish, so they got 'bupkis,' they got nothing."

Van Sciver continued: "Clark Kent I guess is going bye-bye and they are going to replace him with Jonathan Kent

------------

OK. Sorry. I did not knew that comicsbook.news and this person were not reliable.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-19-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Ethan van Sciver is a piece of ****. If you ever hear his name, distrust what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Ethan van Sciver is piece of ****. If you ever hear his name, distrust what he has to say.
    I see.. Thanks for that.

In N52 I heard a similar thing about problems with Superman creators descendance and I was not sure about what to think about this.

I mistrust Schiver on principle, but in this instance I think he’s right.
    I think DC would like to replace Clark with Jon to avoid dealing with the Superman copyright issues.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I mistrust Schiver on principle, but in this instance I think he’s right.
    I think DC would like to replace Clark with Jon to avoid dealing with the Superman copyright issues.
    Please, between the money that Mouse and the Warners pay into the system copyright laws will always favor them and it's silly to think otherwise. The push for Jon is down to replacement heroes bumping sales pure and simple.

Astonishing Member

They are going to lose the character eventually, so it makes sense for them to replace him. They might kill him for good when that day comes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    They are going to lose the character eventually, so it makes sense for them to replace him. They might kill him for good when that day comes.
    If you think they'll let Superman slip away I have some mountain top property in Kansas I'd love to talk about selling to you. Heck, I'll even pay you to take it off my hands! I just need your bank account and routing numbers along with your social security number and I'll wire you 10,000 dollars and a copy of the deed!