Page 188 of 375 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 5625
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ah gotcha, specific number doesn’t matter, just a way to convey that from the Warzoons perspective Mongul is a title that existed long before Superman and will exist long after Superman is gone.
    More or less, yeah. You usually see this with science and how casual Google searches prove writers don't know how **** works.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I don't know, with how Monguls are I wouldn't be surprised if one day there wasn't a big brawl with "throne" changing hands 10 times. So 1792 might not be as long as it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't know, with how Monguls are I wouldn't be surprised if one day there wasn't a big brawl with "throne" changing hands 10 times. So 1792 might not be as long as it sounds
    Taking down Mongul is a huge deal for most characters, generally. That Clark's basically the Belmont to their Dracula is a big reason his crest is known across the universe.

I don't think they get deposed easily except by their offspring who usually need to mature into adulthood to do so anyway.
    May we never forget:

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

1792 in 10Char.
    Thanks for posting, I wouldn't have known myself without looking it up, heh.

At any rate, cool way to convey the loooong history of Monguls on the throne. Wonder if/when he falls, someone new will take the throne with a new name/title followed by Roman numeral I.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post

At any rate, cool way to convey the loooong history of Monguls on the throne. Wonder if/when he falls, someone new will take the throne with a new name/title followed by Roman numeral I.
    Superman The First of His Line and The Great Emancipator.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post

I'm certain it'll be "Clark Kent of Earth, He Who Breaks All Chains."

PKJ drinks the "Clark is the real identity" Kool-Aid, and chains are clearly important thematically.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm certain it'll be "Clark Kent of Earth, He Who Breaks All Chains."

PKJ drinks the "Clark is the real identity" Kool-Aid, and chains are clearly important thematically.
    Interesting you think that given PKJ has said he wants to focus on the SUPER side of Superman and that Chris Reeves Superman is his favorite incarnation. Reeves’ “Clark” was very much the disguise whereas “Superman” was more real. Don’t know that someone so adamant that Clark is the real identity would do a cosmic epic story like what PKJ is attempting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting you think that given PKJ has said he wants to focus on the SUPER side of Superman and that Chris Reeves Superman is his favorite incarnation. Reeves’ “Clark” was very much the disguise whereas “Superman” was more real. Don’t know that someone so adamant that Clark is the real identity would do a cosmic epic story like what PKJ is attempting.
    I think his view of Superman is "Reeve, but as Clark Kent," which is a pretty modern look at the dude. I think PKJ really loves the mythological element of Superman, where he's a man who should be a god but instead views himself a man with ultimate humility. At least that's what I've gleaned from his interviews. If I may put words in his mouth, he likes "Superman, of the people" more than "Superman, benevolent strange visitor."

I don't believe Clark Kent being the primary identity precludes him from being the protagonist in some cosmic gladiator saga.

Hell, my views are he does lean more Clark then Kal but I don't think he discounts Kal one bit. That's a big part of him, not just some trivia... But he was raised for over a decade as a human boy so I think if you asked him his name, any day of the week he'd refer to himself as Clark Kent unless he was protecting his identity or referring to himself in a more Kryptonian/Cosmic context.
    May we never forget:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

wierd considering reeve superman wasn't a chain breaker at all.That superman had to bow to the chains and needed help.

Reeve superman was more benevolent visitor for me.Not much of a gladiator or a circus strongman.It's weird Seeing the savior thing being used with chains symbolism Here.And yes for me,The guy feels like savior here so far.That might change After he gets enslaved on war world.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I know that sales numbers are now hard to track and should be taken with a very big bag of salt, but: https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-november-2021

Jon was #6, which is not very surprising considering that this issue got lots and lots of attention. But real good news is that Action 1036 is 49th. If I'm not mistaken this is the first time Action makes ICV2's top 50. Maybe tide is turning?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I know that sales numbers are now hard to track and should be taken with a very big bag of salt, but: https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-november-2021

Jon was #6, which is not very surprising considering that this issue got lots and lots of attention. But real good news is that Action 1036 is 49th. If I'm not mistaken this is the first time Action makes ICV2's top 50. Maybe tide is turning?
    Well deserved.

Yes, PKJ's AC run was 71th when it started.

Don’t know if it will keep rising, don’t think the last issue sold out like 1036 did, but hopefully it means sales will stay stable enough for PKJ to tell his Warworld Saga and maybe keep going after. Still want to see him write Brainiac at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don’t know if it will keep rising, don’t think the last issue sold out like 1036 did, but hopefully it means sales will stay stable enough for PKJ to tell his Warworld Saga and maybe keep going after. Still want to see him write Brainiac at some point.
    I hope they take into acount the digital sales, because here from Brasil is the only way I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I hope they take into acount the digital sales, because here from Brasil is the only way I can help.
    I get all my monthlies digitally so I certainly hope they take that into account as well (and apparently they do).

I get all my monthlies digitally so I certainly hope they take that into account as well (and apparently they do).
    Yeah, I believe they do. But every time fans and sites want to talk about how bad or how great a book is going they only use physical copies as reference. DC is hopefuly pays atention to more than most fans do.