Page 2 of 375 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I'm not a fan of giving both books to one creator again. I also think there are more interesting people to put on a Superman book, I guess they couldn't get any of them. I will give Johnson's Superman a try though.

Fantastic Member

Man, what's Mark Waid gotta do to get a regular writing shot on Action Comics or Superman?

Fantastic Member

thumbs up for fresh voices but I think Superman line needs big names.
    And Phil Hester's art style is now quite demode.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    And the press release confirms we will have up backup stories in both Superman and action comics! Also it sounds like a massive Superman event is coming: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/1...qNhWjo.twitter
    Sweet Sean Lewis is going to be writing a Jimmy Olsen back up that focuses on Metropolis. Bibo’s showing ups again! I missed that guy. Huh Becky Cloonan is writing a Midnighter back up. Would not have expected Midnighter to be a back up in a Superman book, but I’m intrigued.

In the months following “The Golden Age” two-part crossover, Phillip Kennedy Johnson will continue writing both Superman and Action Comics with artists Scott Godlewski (on Superman) and Daniel Sampere (on Action Comics) before reuniting with Future State: Superman: Worlds of War co-creator Mikel Janín on a special Superman project—still to be announced!
    Gotta be a Black Label book right? They must love this guy’s ideas for Superman, he’s getting three Superman books
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-16-2020 at 10:48 AM.

A young and eager up-an-comer who seems to really appreciate and like Superman and seems to be going for a neat take with War World Superman...well, I hope I enjoy Superman: Future State .

That being said, I hope there's a point to him doing both books that couldn't be offered by having another writer. Kinda worried about the solicit and his own interview about this focusing too much on Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Man, what's Mark Waid gotta do to get a regular writing shot on Action Comics or Superman?
    I’d be shocked if Waid isn’t writing a Blue & Red or a Black Label Superman story.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

"Golden age" and jon kent.Hopefully they keep the pulp style was present in future state.Love me some,gladiator like superman.Capeless Jon kent is awesome.Fingers crossed,it gets brought over.The writer mentions tomasi's supersons and seems to genuinley love jon kent.He seems to be building up on every previous writer had established with jon,including bendis's legion.He is emphasising new characters/cast and characters not usually associated with superman being part of the cast for this particular run.I believe aftermath of future state is an entire new landscape.That's intriguing hook.We get to actually explore metropolis as a fresh new thing,if true.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-16-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'll give it a shot, but i don't love Bendis's terrible contributions sticking around. Also hate one guy getting both books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The covers make it looks Clark is going to die and Jon takes over the mantle. Wth?
    seems like he'll die, but Jon is time traveling to prevent that.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-16-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Interview: Jon is coming back from the 31st century.

Me:

Interview: He's not going to be de-aged.

Me:

Incredible Member

Doesn't look Like Jon is getting de-aged yet, so I guess I'm going to have to pass on this and keep up my boycott. Oh well.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    seems like he'll die, but Jon is time traveling to prevent that.
    Maybe Jon will sacrifice himself to change the course of events.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i don't think they are going to deage jon anytime soon.But,that doesn't mean we can't have super-sons.Hopefully,things get cleared out.I feel this is jon hero's journey to take over.Maybe i am wrong.But,i sense a wally west vibe.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    I don't know. I really enjoyed his recent Superman story and thought he was a lock, oh well, poor guy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

First of it means more Mikel Janin doing more Superman work. Hell yeah.

Second: I'm glad that they aren't just retconning the last few years away. People might hate Jon (both the Jurgens/Tomasi and the Bendis versions) and outing Superman's ID,but ,while I've had my issues with Bendis' run, there is some good stuff there and I've enjoyed how he's handled the "outing" of Clark ,especially compared to "Truth". The only options at this point would have been a hard reset everything back to the old status quo for the sake of doing it, or take the best of what was left over and carry it forward and do something interesting. It seems Kennedy is doing the later,so I'm going to give him a chance.

I will say though I'm shocked that Mark Waid isn't going to be involved in all this. With DiDio gone, I think we all assumed that was the only thing keeping Waid from writing Superman,but perhaps there are other things at work. Perhaps Waid wanted to shift things back to something closer to the old status quo ( as in the old "not married to Lois and her not knowing his secret identity status quo) and DC isn't willing to roll things back THAT far. Or,maybe they just want to give a new voice a shot for a change?
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-16-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i don't think they are going to deage jon anytime soon.But,that doesn't mean we can't have super-sons.Hopefully,things get cleared out.I feel this is jon hero's journey to take over.Maybe i am wrong.But,i sense a wally west vibe.
    I hope you're wrong as the dynamic wouldn't be the same. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."