Page 200 of 376 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hearing in the AMA that he wants to apply the same world building process to Metropolis that he’s done for Warworld makes me excited as hell for what comes after the Warworld Saga. Does make me wonder: will both Jon and Clark be protecting Metropolis? Or will Jon pull a Jace and move somewhere else? Maybe he’ll go defend Gamorra like how Jace moved to NYC. Super excited to see him bring Steel and Kara in, I wish had been quick enough to ask if he had any plans for Kenan as well (right now I’m assuming the answer is no). But perhaps Gene Yang will be one of those “other writers” and will do something with Kenan.
    Well, should Jon even have his own city? Flying around the world and looking for troubles to fix might fit him better than sitting in one city.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well, should Jon even have his own city? Flying around the world and looking for troubles to fix might fit him better than sitting in one city.
    Both he and Clark pretty much do that already, but I think having a city of his own as a “base” to fall back on is good because it provides consistency and gives writers somewhere to put multiple supporting cast members.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Vordan, thanks for this, it was a lot to read so I imagine the work you had to copy it.

I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I do believe Phillip Kennedy Johnson have a good chance of writing a classic Superman run. As long as sales are good, and he don't get too big too soon and DC decides put him on Batman, PKJ can end up with one of those runs we hand over to new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Vordan, thanks for this, it was a lot to read so I imagine the work you had to copy it.

I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I do believe Phillip Kennedy Johnson have a good chance of writing a classic Superman run. As long as sales are good, and he don't get too big too soon and DC decides put him on Batman, PKJ can end up with one of those runs we hand over to new fans.
    No problem I loved reading his answers and it gets me excited for the future. Everything so far has been some of the most enjoyable Superman I’ve read in ages, but I’ll wait and see if he can nail an ending before giving him classic status . Many a great run has been botched in the ending (looking at you Nick Spencer).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

No problem I loved reading his answers and it gets me excited for the future. Everything so far has been some of the most enjoyable Superman I’ve read in ages, but I’ll wait and see if he can nail an ending before giving him classic status . Many a great run has been botched in the ending (looking at you Nick Spencer).
    Everytime I get super excited for some run, Aaron's Thor comes to my mind, it started amazing in Thor: God of Thunder but it went in a direction I just didn't care for. Hopefully PKJ don't let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Everytime I get super excited for some run, Aaron's Thor comes to my mind, it started amazing in Thor: God of Thunder but it went in a direction I just didn't care for. Hopefully PKJ don't let us down.
    Heh yeah I know what you mean. PKJ at least is a fan of Superman whereas I believe Aaron had no real attachment to Thor prior to getting the book, and Tom Taylor is writing a book that focuses on a “replacement” Superman, so I think we’re safe when it comes to Clark. Time will tell of course but it’s nice to have a Superman book be the comic I’m most excited to read every time it comes. Digging the run so much I’ve even created and updated a TV Tropes page for it, haven’t been on there in years

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

After all the talk of training, he still threw himself into a wierd looking tackle.. Against someone bigger and stronger.And they say clark and goku are'nt similar..headbutts!! headbutts For everyone!!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-30-2022 at 12:47 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    After all the talk of training, he still threw himself into a wierd looking tackle.. Against someone bigger and stronger.And they say clark and goku are similar..headbutts!! headbutts For everyone!!
    Well if they told him to use his head he’s just following their advice…

Well if they told him to use his head he’s just following their advice…
    Brilliantly done.Yep!goku would be proud.. stubborn Idiots the lot of them.

Incredible Member

Hah, I was thinking you were referencing the fight with Piccolo Jr, but apparently Goku used a similar finishing move for both the 22nd and 23rd tournaments and I never noticed, lol.

As for the preview, like it a lot, love that smile Mongul has.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Hah, I was thinking you were referencing the fight with Piccolo Jr, but apparently Goku used a similar finishing move for both the 22nd and 23rd tournaments and I never noticed, lol.

As for the preview, like it a lot, love that smile Mongul has.
    Goku uses his head whenever he is pushed into a corner.it's kinda a staple.Many later shonen guys including even most modern ones like tanjiro has that attribute.It's kinda like clark having **** defences,except for his tough skin.

Now I’m wishing I had gotten to ask PKJ if he plans to acknowledge boxing as something Clark has trained in. He’s a huge boxing fan, wrote a boxing comic with Steve Orlando iirc, would be cool to see that part of Superman acknowledged and used here in his fighting.

Why Does ACTION COMICS War World Rising Storyline Whip so Much Ass?

Glad the run’s quality is attracting attention!

Heavy stuff happening behind the scenes currently... though I love talking with readers, I need to cut down on the noise temporarily. Apologies if I'm slow to reply for a bit, but HUGE THANKS for the support you guys show #ActionComics & #Alien. Much more to come ��⚔️�� #Superman
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...233658368?s=21

I hope he is getting another Superman book, or at least 6 issues mini.