Page 202 of 376 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 5626

Its not like this changes anything? Superman is still not selling well and PJK's run is getting way less attention/praise than it deserves.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Its not like this changes anything? Superman is still not selling well and PJK's run is getting way less attention/praise than it deserves.
    We don't have the full sales data, only esitamates of only comic shops. While that's a major part, there are other factors like digital sales and DC Universe infinite for DC to judge what continues or not. At the end of the day, we're only fans and it'll always be hard to determine DC's criteria for what should be cancelled or not.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Taylor echoed this sentiment. Seems like the crisis du jour won't have a drastic effect on the respective current runs.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...A35-1dDdw&s=19

As incredible as the Warworld story has been, I'm equally excited to see what PKJ has in store for a follow up, and Metropolis stuff in particular.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Means as of right now he’s not leaving the book any time soon which makes me happy at least . I’ll say it again, I think PKJ’s run is going to be an underrated gem that the mainstream only really discovers when it gets adapted outside of comics. Long as he gets to write as long as he wants, and I continue to enjoy his run, I can live with that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...194190849?s=21
    Hey, comics twitter. I’m back on the wheel, thanks for the space and for all the super kind words I’m catching up on! Missed you, always love talking to my fellow nerds. #comics
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

What is it with these variant covers being the most generic things ever? I mean, they're beautiful pieces on their own... but they're also just yet another take on Action Comics #1 and then Superman on space.

Anyway, as far as the Annual goes, sounds like they'll be doing contrasting backstories there. Should be interesting to see Mongul's origin story, but perhaps even more interesting to see the origin of "The First Mongul" in the regular issue. That sounds mythical, and I wonder if it started like an improvement over their original status quo. As for what's happening in the present, we see victories of the rebellion being answered with even more oppression, and then Superman journeying to the depths of Warworld to find the answer in the Necropolis. Very mythical sounding, as it should be, though I hope we keep getting a "non-heroic" perspective from a Phaelosian or from Midnighter.

So is this book good or what?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So is this book good or what?
    Yep, it's pretty great. Excellent artwork from Sampere, Mendonca and now Federici; great worldbuilding and great showcase of how the culture in Warworld has shaped everyone in it, up to and including Mongul; interesting portrayal of Clark, like the narration is in awe of him and firmly believes in his values while also not glorifying him and showing meaningful flaws that affect the story and the character development of others around him; gives the supporting cast (first the House of El and then the newly-formed Authority) interesting moments and roles; sets up a few intriguing mysteries which are still being build up to (so I can't tell you if the pay-off will be worth it, though the build-up certainly is). There's been a few misfires, but personally excited to read it every month.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1040 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Riccardo Federic
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    What is it with these variant covers being the most generic things ever? I mean, they're beautiful pieces on their own... but they're also just yet another take on Action Comics #1 and then Superman on space.

Anyway, as far as the Annual goes, sounds like they'll be doing contrasting backstories there. Should be interesting to see Mongul's origin story, but perhaps even more interesting to see the origin of "The First Mongul" in the regular issue. That sounds mythical, and I wonder if it started like an improvement over their original status quo. As for what's happening in the present, we see victories of the rebellion being answered with even more oppression, and then Superman journeying to the depths of Warworld to find the answer in the Necropolis. Very mythical sounding, as it should be, though I hope we keep getting a "non-heroic" perspective from a Phaelosian or from Midnighter.
    Yeah, plus Tedesco has the unfortunate situation of being compared to himself on his other variant covers, which are all other level.

I do like me some Francavilla. On social he talked about being happy to draw some Kirby dots on this one.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Are these comics actually gun or is it the same bs as always with super seriousness and Clark just punching another random alien? Like does it have moments of levity?

Incredible Member

Are these comics actually gun or is it the same bs as always with super seriousness and Clark just punching another random alien? Like does it have moments of levity?
    It has moments of good comedy, like Manchester Black responding to an alien proclaiming their invulnerability to telepathy by beating him up the old-fashioned way, but for the most part, it is indeed a very serious story, and I wouldn't use "levity" to describe it. If you're looking for that, I can recommend Morrison's Superman & the Authority, which is hilarious and has one of the best characterizations for Clark I've ever seen, but it is a story that feels like it ends before it even begins, sadly.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If you like dark medival fantasies.This is lighter version of those that anyone can read.A bit of blood and death.It is serious.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"