Page 222 of 375 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5618

When I was growing up I was under the impression that colonialism is when you taker over some territory and exploit resources/people for your own needs. But now it starts to look like doing anything at all in other countries is considered colonialism as well. Interesting that this view matches very well with America (or another country) First radicals who want to ignore what is going on in the world. Horseshoe theory in practice I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    AC will never-EVVVVVER-be the same-AGHAIN!

The Warhammer 40k vibes are strong with this one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

It's good to see Manchester Black again. Clark reminding himself that he has to come back home to Lois and Jon is a nice humanizing moment, that teaser with Orphan and Darling at the end seems like we'll be seeing some of the pathos that has been hinted at with them through their designs and names, Clark being the first to leap at every point even as he's reminding himself that he has to survive is nice. Overall excited as always for this.

Kara being the one highlighted in the swimsuit cover in the solicits instead of Clark is an utter coward move, though. Specially when we're already seeing him half-naked in the actual story all the time this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    It's good to see Manchester Black again. Clark reminding himself that he has to come back home to Lois and Jon is a nice humanizing moment, that teaser with Orphan and Darling at the end seems like we'll be seeing some of the pathos that has been hinted at with them through their designs and names, Clark being the first to leap at every point even as he's reminding himself that he has to survive is nice. Overall excited as always for this.

Kara being the one highlighted in the swimsuit cover in the solicits instead of Clark is an utter coward move, though. Specially when we're already seeing him half-naked in the actual story all the time this arc.
    Truly we’re in the era of DILF Supes
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Truly we’re in the era of DILF Supes
    Absolutely.

For what it's worth, Artgerm isn't great at drawing men. They always look off.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Warhammer 40k vibes are strong with this one.
    For a moment I thought TBWL was going to show up over AC. Bullet dodged.

And something that’s been on my mind for a while:

Will we be learning any more info on the dude in rags? Been curious what his deal is. He hasn’t shown up since Supes arrived on Warworld I think.

Oh yes. That guy is crucial
    I’ve been wondering who the hell this dude is. Last time he showed up was in 1036 to greet Superman upon his arrival to Warworld.

And something that’s been on my mind for a while:

I’ve been wondering who the hell this dude is. Last time he showed up was in 1036 to greet Superman upon his arrival to Warworld.
    Someone close to SUperman, ready to betray him?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Someone close to SUperman, ready to betray him?
    I don’t think so. I’m not ruling out this being someone we already know, but my guess is this guy is a new character. His knowledge of Warworld points to him being tied to the original civilization that built Warworld. Can’t figure out why he would want to help Mongul or why he seems to have an interest in Superman. I believe this guy spoke to Supes in that vision of Necropolis, but he’s been curiously absent since issue 1036. Hope we get an inkling of what his agenda is.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

PKJ not so subtly making Clark space-Moses.

It might be Henshaw to tie it back into Mongul and forward into House of El. It'd be kind of odd to make a big deal out of hiding his appearance if its a new character. That doesn't seem to be the way PKJ writes for the most part.

This was a big issue! Funny that I brought up the scavenger because he finally reappears again, and this issue seems to give us a hint of what he wants! Manchester Black is finally rescued, and both Teacher + Orphan/Darling are taken off the table. Goddamn poor Manchester, hasn’t been through that much hell since Supes himself kicked the crap out of him. We also get some info on Mother and know that Enchantress is alive but imprisoned. However poor Apollo is in the process of being converted into an undead warrior like The Unmade, so Supes has a choice to make: save Apollo or save Enchantress. Meanwhile Mongul totally punks Thaaros (remember that weasel, been a while since we’ve seen him too!) and conquers an entire planet. He enslaves it’s people and also demands the United Planets turn over some new ships they built to protect themselves from Warworld. What does Thaaros hate/fear about the Phaelosians so much that he’s willing to get into bed with Mongul rather than see Superman free them?

But the real big play is PKJ seems to be putting his cards on the table in terms of what he wants the overall big picture storyline to be: the hunt for the shattered shards of the Old God Olgrun. One shard seems to be on Warworld, that must be what the Scavenger wants, and it’s the ultimate prize that Mongul seeks to unlock for himself. My guess is that the contest to collect the other six shards will be what provides the foundation for the rest of PKJ’s run, with them being the overarching meta plot that simmers in the background and is what Supes and the Authority will be searching for.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    PKJ not so subtly making Clark space-Moses.

Hah I was right to see some parallels! Need to see some Samson acknowledgment too, but I’ll happily take this!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It might be Henshaw to tie it back into Mongul and forward into House of El. It'd be kind of odd to make a big deal out of hiding his appearance if its a new character. That doesn't seem to be the way PKJ writes for the most part.
    I don’t think it’s Henshaw simply because Williamson is using him over in Dark Crisis, but I do think Henshaw will show up again in this run. Likely he’ll be seeking one of the shards.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

That flashback about who the Old God was, what he created and how, were all colored with the ROYGBIV of the emotional spectrum. Something or nothing?
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 05-24-2022 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    That flashbacks about who the Old God was, what he created and how, were all colored with the ROYGBIV of the emotional spectrum. Something or nothing?
    Personally I was more reminded of the Infinity Stones , but the GLs are being teased for a future team up with Superman so you may be on to something…