Page 223 of 376 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5626

Its already been referenced but it deserves to again.

For those about to rock and what ya want
    Baby you know you're Judas and I'm your Priest
    Baby what I got is not from the least
    Bring it through the stage in the rage of a beast
    Step in the arena and break the wall down
    Step in the arena and break the wall down
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, Artgerm isn't great at drawing men. They always look off.
    It's the ultra-soft Kewpie doll face effect that doesn't work for me. Gimme a man's man!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's the ultra-soft Kewpie doll face effect that doesn't work for me. Gimme a man's man!
    DC definitely has better go-tos for beefcake now.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Wow. This most be the best issue I've read this year. Federici is amazing, the machine where Black was locked was something else, but the whole Mother part is just beautiful.

This run should be getting so much more recognition, but it seems like us superfans are the only people paying atention, but as long as DC keeps PKJ on the book, and Federici, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Wow. This most be the best issue I've read this year. Federici is amazing, the machine where Black was locked was something else, but the whole Mother part is just beautiful.

This run should be getting so much more recognition, but it seems like us superfans are the only people paying atention, but as long as DC keeps PKJ on the book, and Federici, it's all good.
    Doesn’t help that Superman social media accounts only post pages from SSOKE rather than sharing the beautiful Federeci art from Action, but what can you do I suppose.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But the real big play is PKJ seems to be putting his cards on the table in terms of what he wants the overall big picture storyline to be: the hunt for the shattered shards of the Old God Olgrun. One shard seems to be on Warworld, that must be what the Scavenger wants, and it’s the ultimate prize that Mongul seeks to unlock for himself. My guess is that the contest to collect the other six shards will be what provides the foundation for the rest of PKJ’s run, with them being the overarching meta plot that simmers in the background and is what Supes and the Authority will be searching for.
    I'm thinking maybe the stone that the first Mongul took is one of the shards? So with Necropolis done we'd have two stones collected. Either way I'm not a big fan of this plot point, "Gather X" plots can get pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    That flashback about who the Old God was, what he created and how, were all colored with the ROYGBIV of the emotional spectrum. Something or nothing?
    I don't remember very well that story, but Venditti's Relic in his GL run was supposed to be from the previous world, right? And this our new guy is supposedly from First World so maybe they are related somehow?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was starting to grow a little impatient with this storyline, but it's now clear that the wheels are turning and we're actually heading towards a specific endgame.

Looking forward to seeing where this ends.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm thinking maybe the stone that the first Mongul took is one of the shards? So with Necropolis done we'd have two stones collected. Either way I'm not a big fan of this plot point, "Gather X" plots can get pretty boring.
    Ah you may be right, that would make sense. So two Aspects are potentially in play, we’ll probably learn more about the nature of that gem when we get the Annual with the current Mongul’s origin. Using the gems as a “Myth Arc” to justify Supes staying out in space, and MacGuffins that justify going anywhere or any when in the Multiverse is fine with me, as long as it’s not just a simple fetch quest as you say. But if it results in Superman getting involved in plots where the gems play a role, then they can be used to link together a bunch of disparate stories so ideally you won’t get “filler” or a lack of direction.
    I don't remember very well that story, but Venditti's Relic in his GL run was supposed to be from the previous world, right? And this our new guy is supposedly from First World so maybe they are related somehow?
    Honestly while the GLs are set to get involved, I doubt anything from New 52 Vendetti will be referenced, this is very clearly taking cues from the Infinity Gauntlet storyline gives the Aspects are pretty blatant copies of the Gems, they share almost the exact origin. One of the oldest beings in the universe was shattered into living items that if found and reunited grant unfathomable power, we’re just getting Mongul being DC Thanos even more explicit (which isn’t a bad thing since it’s what he was created to be by Starlin himself). Only major difference is that reuniting the gems will reform the god instead of making the one who finds them into a god themselves. And I suspect that it’s the Scavenger, not Mongul, who will be the overarching big bad beyond the Warworld Saga.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm not sure if I like the idea of big Mongul story ending up with Mongul being lame version of Thanos and Scavenger being the actual big bad.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of big Mongul story ending up with Mongul being lame version of Thanos and Scavenger being the actual big bad.
    That’s what he has been for years though. This is at least making him more like Thanos in terms of being a genuine threat, rather than Cyborg Superman’s stooge. You can’t really escape Mongul’s roots as an expy created by Starlin himself of Thanos, people here didn’t even like my idea of changing Mongul’s appearance to differentiate him more from Thanos and Darkseid. Might as well lean into it then and give him some of Thanos’ cooler attributes. The focus on Warzoons culture and building Mongul up as the “Superman” of Warworld in that he’s the moral example for his followers, famed in legend and deed just like Superman is have helped make him a better opponent for Kal.

Anyway Mongul is the main bad guy of the Warworld Saga, but I don’t think he will be the overarching Big Bad of the Aspects of Olgrun plot line. My guess is that the Scavenger will be seeking the aspects and aiding Superman Rogues with their desires as a cover to seek those aspects. So for example the next Superman Rogue that will get focused on is seemingly Metallo. My prediction is that there’s an Aspect on Earth in Metropolis somewhere and the Scavenger goes there and teams up with Metallo to find it. Superman comes back and we get an A plot that pits him and Metallo against each other while the B plot is Supes and company trying to find the Aspect while the Scavenger is also looking for it. Then we move on to the next Aspect where again it’s an A plot of Superman going up against a villain while the Scavenger is in the background making moves, and Supes has to fight on two fronts.

BANNED

I'm not sure if I like the idea of big Mongul story ending up with Mongul being lame version of Thanos.
    I don't post much in here because I'd get blitzed for pointing out Boo is just a giant chicken, but...yep. PKJ has shown his hand and is just cribbing from cosmic Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doesn’t help that Superman social media accounts only post pages from SSOKE rather than sharing the beautiful Federeci art from Action, but what can you do I suppose.
    It's crazy the lack o promotion this run is having, on Instagram it's almost like Clark is currently dead, he basically is only mentioned in relation to Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It's crazy the lack o promotion this run is having, on Instagram it's almost like Clark is currently dead, he basically is only mentioned in relation to Jon.
    Gotta push the new brand! I wouldn’t mind but c’mon at least share a panel every so often, Federeci’s art is gorgeous! But then DC has always been **** at pushing Supes in social media, they made WW and Batman accounts right away, but waited for over a year to make a Superman account. They put the bare minimum into marketing him.

The WB interview is live by the way for anyone interested.