Page 231 of 376 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I could have bet Sami Basri was a man, kkkkk.

But yes, Action Comics art have been really good. Also, you're right, Federici is probably the best fit for Warworld Saga we could have.
    Oh **** me Sami is a man lol. I don’t know why I thought otherwise, my bad Sami.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

By Will Conrad. I wonder if the Authority roster is going to maintain its current lineup post Warworld? The way PKJ talked about OMAC I think they’re going to continue being Clark’s cosmic team, but I wouldn’t mind if Natasha and JHI swapped positions. Natasha could stay on Earth and team up with Jon, the two queer Superfamily members working together, while JHI goes out with Clark into space. If Irons isn’t going to get a mini or something I’d like for him to be an active part in the Action storyline.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    The planet of Vartox? King of the speedos and knee high boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    I’m sorry…No Justice was “months ago”? That feels inherently wrong for a number of reasons. Not knocking tying the story of a character into another story but feels weird saying that for a story that came out like 4 years ago and how much has changed since then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Superman and orphans...

But yeah, between No Justice, Snyder's run, Year of the Villain, etc...it feels more like a full year than a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m sorry…No Justice was “months ago”? That feels inherently wrong for a number of reasons. Not knocking tying the story of a character into another story but feels weird saying that for a story that came out like 4 years ago and how much has changed since then.
    so in Months

The Teen titans formed a school and it burned down
    Lex luthor formed the legion of doom and turn himself into a martian
    Wonder woman died fought in Vahalla and came back
    Batman and superman had to deal with The batman who laughs twice & the infected
    Aquaman abdicated the throne sorta kinda it weird also had a child
    Batman dealt with the war of jokers and fear state
    Robin had a tournament to the death and had to uncover the murder of Ra al Ghul
    Deathstroke join TRUST and then became king of the secret society
    Dark crisis happen (yeah it happen before warworld as he got teleported pre-arena)
    The green lantern corp got destroyed and John became a cosmic god or something?
    wonder woman had the trial of the amazons and Hippolyta was a leaguer then died
    Barry finally dealt with Reverse flash and then gave Wally back the flash mantel
    Barry then got capture by Darkseid then got Paried

Incredible Member

No Justice was after the original Dark Knights Metal and came before Snyder's and Tynion IV's Justice League run.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No offense but I’m surprised that the nature of comic book time is still throwing you for a loop given I know you read a lot of comics. In the DCU and the MU total extinction events happen “canonically” in a matter of weeks/months between each other. All of Spider-Man’s history has happened within the span of 10 years or so, and he’s still in his 20s despite that not making a lick of sense. This is done so that the characters don’t age beyond 40 years old at max.

If you wanted a “realistic” time frame well the only way to get something like that is 5G. DC is never allowing Batman and Superman to age beyond 40, they just won’t, doesn’t matter if it fucks up the timeline. This is why tempting to figure out characters “real” age is a waste of time, as is trying to find out how much time has “really” past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No offense but I’m surprised that the nature of comic book time is still throwing you for a loop given I know you read a lot of comics. In the DCU and the MU total extinction events happen “canonically” in a matter of weeks/months between each other. All of Spider-Man’s history has happened within the span of 10 years or so, and he’s still in his 20s despite that not making a lick of sense. This is done so that the characters don’t age beyond 40 years old at max.

If you wanted a “realistic” time frame well the only way to get something like that is 5G. DC is never allowing Batman and Superman to age beyond 40, they just won’t, doesn’t matter if it fucks up the timeline. This is why tempting to figure out characters “real” age is a waste of time, as is trying to find out how much time has “really” past.
    I don't think it's a problem with not understanding comic-book time as much as the way it is applied. Most readers get the compressed nature over the whole career of characters'. We know on the page it can't have been over 25 years since the Morrison League formed or that Jon and Damian will age a year for every 12 months of issues.

But few readers have a timeline running through their head while they read. We aren't pinpointing that Superman's marriage to Lois occurred X years ago and Jon's birth occurred Y months/years later. But we know that Superman isn't celebrating his 25th wedding anniversary (despite when the wedding issue came out) and he must be married more than five years (Jon's lived more than a few years in the present since his birth). So compressing a story from the 1990's to occur sometime in the 2010's feels "right". But that 30 years real time being reduced to under ten doesn't mean that we also feel that a story published in 2016 feels "right" being set less than two years ago or that every story since 2019 took place in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yeah I kind of agree with you on that and I’m not gonna argue if that’s what DC says it is. It just feels weird when you take the universe as a whole.

Personally I try to at least some through line, usually Damian Wayne’s age and the birth of Andy Curry. Because with Damian I can point to a number of years and with Andy I can say “okay she’s a baby, so that means at least over nine months have passed because she wasn’t born at this point”.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Of course it's just been months. If memory doesn't fail me, "No Justice" can't have happened too long before Jon went on his cosmic trip. That lasted 3 weeks or so, then he came back as a 17 year old. He's still 17, last I checked.

Don't know if it makes "sense" in the wider DCU time-frame, but as far as specifically Superman's time-frame goes, yeah, it must have happened months ago. The whole time-frame from the start of Rebirth up to now must be less than two years, since Clark stated that Jon was about to turn 12 while delirious in one of the Warworld issues, and he was 10 in Superman Rebirth.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Damian's also a good indicator. He turned 13 when Rebirth started, and he's 14 now, IIRC. So yeah, less than two years since Rebirth, again.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 06-25-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Man, I freakin love this panel.

20220626_144816.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog