Page 233 of 376 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5626

Don't follow the comics much. I'm aware there has been a month's long story where Superman was off planet. Originally it was teased as Superman would not make it back. nut wonder of wonder he will do so. I saw a preview and it seems that arc is ending with Clark coming back to Earth. Will he be retired as Superman once he returns given Jon is the new Superman? Renaming Son of Superman back to Superman featuring Jon with Action featuring Kal-El?
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-05-2022 at 08:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Don't follow the comics much. I'm aware there has been a month's long story where Superman was off planet. Originally it was teased as Superman would not make it back. nut wonder of wonder he will do so. I saw a preview and it seems that arc is ending with Clrk coming back to Earth. Will he be retired as Superman once he returns given Jon is the new Superman?
    Nobody knows what's up with the direction of the franchise, PKJ is hinting DC haven't given him an 'OK' on continuing past the next arc, so who knows what'll happen with the character after

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe it is badly worded and I'm reading too much into it, but I'm really not liking that next arc might be the last one for PJK.
    Well he does drop the, "if they keep letting me write Superman," line every now and again but I read (and hope!) it more as hyperbole. He certainly does seem to have a ton of story ideas in the bank.

That "never in a million years" team up is sounding pretty damn intriguing. Hope that one gets to play out.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Question for you @DCComics Twitter: if you were to get a new Authority series with the Grant Morrison/Warworld Saga roster (Midnighter, Apollo, Lightray, OMAC, Enchantress, Natasha Irons, Manchester Black) but no Superman, who are some Dream Team creators you’d like to see on it?
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...Gw8Y-COiYPL-tQ

Maybe it is badly worded and I'm reading too much into it, but I'm really not liking that next arc might be the last one for PJK.
    He says that he’s got nothing currently planned as long as the Warworld Saga, but doesn’t seem to be indicating he’ll be leaving, just that if he gets to keep writing the book then he might do another long arc. Writers can be shuffled off the book at will however and nothing is guaranteed. Jurgens and Tomasi had plans beyond Action #1000 but those never happened because Didio brought on Bendis. King obviously had his infamous 100 issue plan for Batman. PKJ is just being honest that there’s no guarantee for how long he will write the book. Right now DC is probably hashing out what the post Dark Crisis lineup is going to look like.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like Lightray may have merged with the Black Racer, explaining her new appearance.

Don't follow the comics much. I'm aware there has been a month's long story where Superman was off planet. Originally it was teased as Superman would not make it back. nut wonder of wonder he will do so. I saw a preview and it seems that arc is ending with Clark coming back to Earth. Will he be retired as Superman once he returns given Jon is the new Superman? Renaming Son of Superman back to Superman featuring Jon with Action featuring Kal-El?
    No he and Jon will coexist both being Superman. The trend in comics is towards shared mantles. There’s two Captain Americas both in their own books right now, there’s two Batmen - Bruce Wayne and Jace Fox, two Aquaman, two Flashes, two Spider-Man and multiple GLs. I think they may relaunch Superman proper as a Clark book at some point in the future, but not right now, for now they want Jon to have the “main” Superman title.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

But they used Mother's body..? So where did Black Racer come from?

But they used Mother's body..? So where did Black Racer come from?
    They’ve been said to mine Genesis, which is tied to the Source, and through the Source the Black Racer I think. May have misinterpreted that however, seems Lightray’s new form is the “Black Razor” so perhaps she has simply become another God of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    No Justice was after the original Dark Knights Metal and came before Snyder's and Tynion IV's Justice League run.
    Of course it helps that Bendis's run after Snyder's turns out to be set over only ONE WEEK. Naomi says so in his last issue.
    Won't surprise me if Superman relaunches in January - but Son of Kal-El continues as a third book. That's the advantage of it having a subtitle and a different logo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not technically Action related but looks like DC is committed to Jon as Superman:

Thanks, I like how we did it. Jon’s been the not-screwing-around Superman of Earth for a while and Clark got a new long-form story, which I love. But I want readers to understand Jon’s still gonna be a Big Deal. Can’t speak for every team/character obv, but the sentiment abounds
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...QPZeDKOGRlOz3w

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not technically Action related but looks like DC is committed to Jon as Superman:

So Jon keeps the Superman Son Of book and it gets returned to its original Superman name and Action becomes the Kal El Superman book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

We'll see how that pans out. Jon can be a big deal as a kid or a man, as the upcoming Super Sons movie will prove.

So Jon keeps the Superman Son Of book and it gets returned to its original Superman name and Action becomes the Kal El Superman book?
    Action already is the Kal-El book. And no they aren’t going to change the name of Jon’s book, as someone else already pointed out, they likely wanted to leave the main Superman title vacant for whenever they decide to relaunch it. Jon having his own book with separate branding means it wouldn’t be affected by whatever they do with Clark.

McFarlane is making a Worlds at War Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Looks good, was hoping we’d get toys of his gladiator and Authority looks. Would love to see a toy variant wearing his current Freedom Fighter version too!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Yeah, this thing looks pretty great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog