Page 245 of 376 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5626
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

He seems interested to use them. It's one of things that get asked him the most on Twitter from what I saw. And PKJ likes to pander to Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He seems interested to use them. It's one of things that get asked him the most on Twitter from what I saw. And PKJ likes to pander to Twitter.
    Twitter threw a fit about Clark having sex/kids with anyone besides Lois. People were accusing him of trying to live vicariously through Clark or some such nonsense lol. Bringing the House of El cast back is not pandering to Twitter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Twitter threw a fit about Clark having sex/kids with anyone besides Lois. People were accusing him of trying to live vicariously through Clark or some such nonsense lol. Bringing the House of El cast back is not pandering to Twitter.
    He would if he can, for the fans asking for it, lol: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...92412202450944

Looks like he put out a preview of the Apocalypse one shot

Yeah having a new colorist really helps Peterson’s art look better. I think they actually kept one colorist for the entire portion of the Saga set on Warworld itself? That helped a lot to keep things feeling “consistent” despite multiple artists.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

#BringBackFederici

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like he put out a preview of the Apocalypse one shot

Yeah having a new colorist really helps Peterson’s art look better. I think they actually kept one colorist for the entire portion of the Saga set on Warworld itself? That helped a lot to keep things feeling “consistent” despite multiple artists.
    It's a shame Riccardo couldn't at least do the final issue. Wonder what he's working on now..

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's a shame Riccardo couldn't at least do the final issue. Wonder what he's working on now..
    Still drawing Action going off of his Instagram, that and doing the occasional commission/variant cover. No word on if he’ll be drawing the arc after Kal-El Returns.

Incredible Member

Oh look, just as we were speaking about the handling of hero worship in this arc (and I wouldn't keep bringing it up if PKJ himself didn't bring it up at every opportunity), the preview has the uprising chant "For Superman" as their battle cry.

Anyway, that aside, looks solid. Enchantress' words to Lia are the right mix of regretful and stone-cold, good to see Midnighter being the guy in charge whenever Clark isn't around, Manchester Black poking fun at Midnighter was also good (though doing so by negatively comparing him to Clark felt off), Clark getting his blade broken only to then hit Mongul with his shield is badass.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I’m hoping so, I’m not sure how he would fit in the FS House of El members into the main Action run. Maybe as backups?
    A backup would probably work best. Give them a consistent avenue for stories as well as opportunity to expand on the individual members. I like how they have a Coluan Brainiac as one of the resident tech guys.

If it goes well it can be a decent big thing for the character. A space fantasy adventure of a Superman family protecting the galaxy with power combos from all avenues of the DCU makes for a pretty fun setting.

My understanding is that Byla was telling these stories (including Superman on Warworld during Future State) so I think that thru him they should get connected to what is going on in "real continuity". Them being "out there" and having no impact on Superman's regular adventures limits their potential, at least to me.

SUPERMAN: KAL-EL RETURNS SPECIAL #1
    Written by MARK WAID, SINA GRACE, ALEX SEGURA, and MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by MAX RAYNOR, DEAN HASPIEL, JACK HERBERT, and REILLY BROWN
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE 1:25
    variant cover by MARIO “FOX” FOCCILLO
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (card stock) ON SALE 11/29/22

"Kal-El has returned from his long sojourn to Warworld, but what ramifications does this hold for the broader DC Universe?" an official synopsis for Superman: Kal-El Returns Special #1 reads. "In this special issue, we'll spotlight Kal-El's reunion with the Dark Knight, Jimmy Olsen, the Justice League, and... Lex Luthor?! Plus: witness the never-before-revealed look at the moments leading to Superman's abduction by Pariah in the Dark Crisis event! The march toward Action Comics #1050 continues in this essential special volume!"

Source: https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-superm...ark-crisis-dc/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

With how much they are hyping action 1050, I'm really curious what will happen in it. Also love Mark Waid getting the lead story in the book.

BANNED

Not one mention of Lois...

BANNED

Superman returns to Earth and the parasite, sorry JL, appears.

That Dan Mora cover is one of the best Superman images I’ve ever seen!