Page 293 of 376 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol someone asked PKJ if he had any plans to bring back Anguish (New 52 Superman villain) and he said he’d check her out.

Man I had forgotten that character completely. Now I’m curious to go back and look at her again, see why someone would want her to return.
    Well remember, than every character is the favorite for at least one reader. So who knows? Maybe PKJ can do something interesting with her.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Maybe I should ask him if he’s got any plans for the “bounty hunter” rogues - Lobo, Bloodsport, Terra-Man, etc - would be cool to see Superman fight those guys again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe I should ask him if he’s got any plans for the “bounty hunter” rogues - Lobo, Bloodsport, Terra-Man, etc - would be cool to see Superman fight those guys again.
    Ask him for the Prankster and the Toyman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Ask him for the Prankster and the Toyman.
    He’s talked about Toyman already. Not a fan, if he did use him he’d want to really go dark with him to the extent it would probably have to be through something like Black Label.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He’s talked about Toyman already. Not a fan, if he did use him he’d want to really go dark with him to the extent it would probably have to be through something like Black Label.
    That seems to be the usual default with Toyman.

Spectacular Member

I always had this deeply unpopular notion that if Superman could not kill Zod(which is the one villain that he seems to always end up killing in most iconic depictions anyway) I wouldn’t mind if Superman ended killing Toyman after he killed cat grant’s son

Maybe the first Toyman was the second Toyman’s father, who killed cat grant’s son(in a crime spree where he tried to get money to pay back Bruno Mannheim) which causes Clark to go into a really dark place and kill him, though not on purpose but definitely is responsible(leading into Superman exiling himself from earth and meeting maxima)

Causing the second Toyman to be sent to an orphanage where he resented Superman for killing his father

Essentially replaced Bruno Mannheim with Superman as the guy who orphaned the second Toyman

The first Toyman is based on the Alex Ross/SuperFriends iteration while the second one is based on the DCAU iteration

https://youtu.be/Drtib4Y-gZE

The second Toyman is a constant reminder that Superman isn’t perfect
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 12-03-2022 at 11:30 PM.

He likes Terra-Man it seems!

Lol someone asked PKJ if he had any plans to bring back Anguish (New 52 Superman villain) and he said he’d check her out.

Man I had forgotten that character completely. Now I’m curious to go back and look at her again, see why someone would want her to return.

Waid had been talking to Yang for a while, he asked Yang for advice on Nezha since that’s an actual character from Chinese Mythology. I think the two just hit it off and Waid wanted to bring Yang back into the center of DC. Yang’s editor for New Superman was Kaminski who is now the head of the Superbooks, which might also play a part both in Yang’s return and in Kenan getting a push again. I am certainly hoping to see Yang do more at DC, either with Kenan or others once Monkey Prince wraps up.

I do think at one point Yang may have mentioned wanting to change the names of the characters. If he’s on board with the prospect, and creates the new names I guess I’d roll with that. But I’d rather Kenan keep being “Super-Man” given the other competing “Supermen” are nowhere near as strong characters as Kenan. Of the bunch he’s the one who is the most interesting Superman successor/revamp for me.
    I agree about Kenan being the most interesting Superman successor. Conner is second place be ause of the new 52 and Comic book time. Jon hasn't worked for me outside of the CW show.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-05-2022 at 01:02 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Waid had been talking to Yang for a while, he asked Yang for advice on Nezha since that’s an actual character from Chinese Mythology.
    It barely looks or feels anything like actual nezha.Not saying that's a must.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Please PKJ please make sure every member of the super team feels different from the others,snd has their own thing to make them special
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Please PKJ please make sure every member of the super team feels different from the others,snd has their own thing to make them special
    That’s something he specifically brings up aiming to do in interviews, making it so the differences go beyond “Kenan is the Asian one, Kara is the blonde one, Conner and Jon are Clark Juniors, etc”. Also says making sure that everyone sounds differently dialogue wise is important to him, he brought that up in one of his interviews I summarized. Hope he manages to pull it off because if the Family is going to work they have to give everyone their own identity and voice.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Awesome. Well deserved.

Love the last sentence, "its clear Johnsons work with Superman is just beginning. "
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Williamson posted a tease of Action 1050 that I don’t think I shared before:

Perkins is the artist so this must be from PKJ’s section. At first I thought that was Manchester Black strapped down, but going off of the guy next to Lex, I think it’s Metallo. That guy next to Lex looks like Emmet Vale, scientist who helped turn Corben into Metallo in the first place:

If he’s there this must be Metallo awakening in his new body or maybe a flashback to the first time he was transformed into Metallo.

I thought for a second that might be clone Bizarro, but Metallo makes more sense.