Page 51 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Guys and if we bring peace to the world.
    Now he will be remembered in the future as the man who created peace in the world, I feel sorry for the man / woman who does all the work and sacrifice to make it come true, the idea and only the idea has been mine, so only I matter .

Incredible Member

Honestly, it seemed Jon's idea wasn't going to take until the Legion of Superheroes appeared and "proved" it worked. It's not Jon going "why can't we be friends" that stopped the conflict, it's the Legion appearing and going "hey, this is the moment where everyone started being friends, it's in the history books and it worked!" that did.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

All the more hilarious,a bunch of teenagers did what clark never thought of doing all these years.Also,they were there to see jon.Jon still is the reason behind united planets
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Daniel Sampere (next AC artist):

https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...93378945081344

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Daniel Sampere (next AC artist):

https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...93378945081344
    I’ll finally get to enjoy him now that he isn’t tied to Taylor or Injustice. Really excited to see him write mainline Supes!

For any of you guys who have read The Last God, does PKJ use Hickman style data pages? Or is it just background material in the back? Finally listening to the WB interview and he talks about how he’s got gigs of world building stuff like excerpts of books and what not that the reader never sees. Admire the ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For any of you guys who have read The Last God, does PKJ use Hickman style data pages? Or is it just background material in the back? Finally listening to the WB interview and he talks about how he’s got gigs of world building stuff like excerpts of books and what not that the reader never sees. Admire the ambition.
    Not sure what you mean by Hickman style data pages. You mean like the opening pages of his Avengers run, that would do a "recently, in Avengers..." recap, as well as provide logos for the characters in the team with the issue-specific roster highlighted?

PKJ put a lot of stuff in the back pages of Last God. History and culture data and songs and designs and such. Not a *ton* of exposition in the story itself most of the time, just whatever was required knowledge that the characters would logically share with each other (mostly).

Damn fine book, Last God.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd love to see this run reintroduce original Maxima as an ally, have her adventure with Superman for a while.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not sure what you mean by Hickman style data pages. You mean like the opening pages of his Avengers run, that would do a "recently, in Avengers..." recap, as well as provide logos for the characters in the team with the issue-specific roster highlighted?

PKJ put a lot of stuff in the back pages of Last God. History and culture data and songs and designs and such. Not a *ton* of exposition in the story itself most of the time, just whatever was required knowledge that the characters would logically share with each other (mostly).

Damn fine book, Last God.
    Not reading Hickman’s X-Men? In that case here’s an example:

He will put data pages like these within his X-Men book in the middle of the story as a way to both world build and provide background info without having to have it delivered via monologuing exposition. I love it, and as someone who usually couldn’t give two figs about the X-Men beyond the few individual mutants I like, Hickman has me reading his X-Men in monthlies. If you liked Morrison’s New X-Men or Whedon’s X-Men I highly recommend it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He will put data pages like these within his X-Men book in the middle of the story as a way to both world build and provide background info without having to have it delivered via monologuing exposition. I love it, and as someone who usually couldn’t give two figs about the X-Men beyond the few individual mutants I like, Hickman has me reading his X-Men in monthlies. If you liked Morrison’s New X-Men or Whedon’s X-Men I highly recommend it man.
    Ah okay. No, Last God doesn't really have stuff put in the middle of a story like that. But it has that sort of thing at the end of the issue.

And I did love Morrison's X-Men. Think his was the last run I read in full, actually. I figured I'd check out what Hickman is doing, since I'm a fan of his writing, but I'll get the trades....eventually.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ah okay. No, Last God doesn't really have stuff put in the middle of a story like that. But it has that sort of thing at the end of the issue.

And I did love Morrison's X-Men. Think his was the last run I read in full, actually. I figured I'd check out what Hickman is doing, since I'm a fan of his writing, but I'll get the trades....eventually.
    Sweet, I hope PKJ keeps putting that kind of stuff in the Superman books when he takes over. I love worldbuilding like that.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-01-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd love to see this run reintroduce original Maxima as an ally, have her adventure with Superman for a while.
    Jump on over to the Max appreciation thread, we're all vibing with you on this exact idea.

Wish PKJ did a newsletter. Reading Tynion’s recent three part newsletter and he really lays out as much as he can about his plans for Batman, like how he has a three year plan for Batman and then he’ll take his leave of DC for a while, that he shared a lot of the same initial reaction as the rest of us when editorial asked him to pitch a Joker solo, etc. Would love to get that same kind of thing from PKJ as we start going into his turn on Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jump on over to the Max appreciation thread, we're all vibing with you on this exact idea.
    Nice, glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nice, glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see it.
    She's missed, man.