Page 57 of 376 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The fact that, in interviews, PKJ only seemed to reference Batman, Batman, and more Batman whenever he cited an example from comics would be a pretty strong indicator that he loves that character, so I'm not surprised that Batman is showing up.

My hopes are not high that PKJ is going to move the needle in terms of Superman.
    I don’t know which ones you listened to but just to clarify: I’ve listened to that Word Balloon interview from a while back, and PKJ only talked about Batman in the context of the WB host talking about how much he loved Morrison’s Batman approach of “everything happened”. PKJ spoke about how he enjoyed the run, but that he can’t really get into an “everything happened” mindset, and so he won’t be applying that mindset to Superman. That’s it, it wasn’t like he went off on a 30 minute ramble about Batman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

for the most part i don't care if batman shows up and he's rad.I don't care if clark kent is from donner movie.As long as,jon is not portrayed as aw!shucks farmboy who let's batman walk all over him.I am fine.Also,batman successfully brings entertainment to mass audiences in the form of games,movies..etc.Superman as an ip needs management like that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I think my annoyance is that every writer feels like that friend you know who only wants to hang out with you when you're around the other friend. When you get **** like Meltzer writing about how Batman inspires regular people in Metropolis to be brave-- not Clark-- in Action Comics #1000 and concluding with Clark saying "they all inspire me" which, again, is him indirectly talking about how much Batman inspires him... Yeah, it's become a sore spot. Batman needs to be put on time out in Metropolis. You don't get to use him until at least Lois, Perry and Jimmy (and Jon if he's a dad) have something to do in a story prior-- not even each story. Your run needs at least something interesting for just those 3/4 before you can use Batman.

But naw. "Oh no, the answer's not spelled out for me. BRRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!" Ugh. This could be a cameo. This could also be "dumb hick space man need smart Batchad explain smart 2 him" because everyone forgets Clark's also a science hero with the most advanced lab on the planet just chilling in his Fortress of Solitude-- Oops! Don't forget Bruce also apparently speaks perfect Kryptonian now despite it being a dead language because haha he's Batman!

Sidebar but my headcanon is that he speaks it in a very unnatural, disjointed manner and Clark's too nice to say something about it and he secretly thinks it's a little funny the way brothers enjoy teasing each other. When he first breaks it out in front of Kara, she laughs and tells him he sounds like a broken record and Bruce develops three new plans to kill Clark "should he go rogue" out of revenge for getting embarrassed because modern Bruce is that petty.

It's too much. Until every writer has Superman show up and round up all of Bruce's foes in a single night so Bruce can take some time off with Alfred and the kids at least once a run, I think it's justified to be extremely annoyed when we see art of Bruce before anyone that isn't Clark in the upcoming run. Not even new protagonist Jon Kent has been teased.

And still nothing about Lois flippin' Lane. She's basically just treated as the soil in which Clark planted his seed half the goddamn time.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-13-2021 at 09:16 PM.

See,this is the problem with pr hope and inspiration speeches.For many people,superman isn't inspirational.I include myself in that.I got the idea that pkj isn't interested in clark other than the symbol superman from the interviews.I am actually somewhat glad someone who doesn't worship clark's behaviour and work/thought pattern is writing him.Hopefully,that means jon is gonna be a superman with a different mold.As for needing batman's assistance for doing technical stuff.You can't put down your protagonist's competence in finding resources and solutions.Yeah!that's something i agree with you on.Anyway,My hope is that pkj own's jon and start to like jon when he is writing the character.That would mean the character written in appealing way.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think my annoyance is that every writer feels like that friend you know who only wants to hang out with you when you're around the other friend. When you get **** like Meltzer writing about how Batman inspires regular people in Metropolis to be brave-- not Clark-- in Action Comics #1000 and concluding with Clark saying "they all inspire me" which, again, is him indirectly talking about how much Batman inspires him... Yeah, it's become a sore spot. Batman needs to be put on time out in Metropolis. You don't get to use him until at least Lois, Perry and Jimmy (and Jon if he's a dad) have something to do in a story prior-- not even each story. Your run needs at least something interesting for just those 3/4 before you can use Batman.

But naw. "Oh no, the answer's not spelled out for me. BRRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!" Ugh. This could be a cameo. This could also be "dumb hick space man need smart Batchad explain smart 2 him" because everyone forgets Clark's also a science hero with the most advanced lab on the planet just chilling in his Fortress of Solitude-- Oops! Don't forget Bruce also apparently speaks perfect Kryptonian now despite it being a dead language because haha he's Batman!

Sidebar but my headcanon is that he speaks it in a very unnatural, disjointed manner and Clark's too nice to say something about it and he secretly thinks it's a little funny the way brothers enjoy teasing each other. When he first breaks it out in front of Kara, she laughs and tells him he sounds like a broken record and Bruce develops three new plans to kill Clark "should he go rogue" out of revenge for getting embarrassed because modern Bruce is that petty.

It's too much. Until every writer has Superman show up and round up all of Bruce's foes in a single night so Bruce can take some time off with Alfred and the kids at least once a run, I think it's justified to be extremely annoyed when we see art of Bruce before anyone that isn't Clark in the upcoming run. Not even new protagonist Jon Kent has been teased.

And still nothing about Lois flippin' Lane. She's basically just treated as the soil in which Clark planted his seed half the goddamn time.
    Lois will be in the backups along with Jimmy Olsen, but she won’t be in whatever PKJ is doing. So Sean Lewis and whoever else will be doing backups will be handling her.

Also there was a jon kent sketch with armour look.wasn't there?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-13-2021 at 10:18 PM.

I don't really understand who is the target audience for this stuff? Are there thousands of hardcore Batman fans who'll buy everything if Batman is mentioned in a positive note or gets 3 pages cameo? When they already have multiple ongoings and specials every month to buy already?

Edit: Also, I didn't like Tomasi's Superman run, but I can somewhat justify Batman appearing in it. After all he was setting up Super Sons series so including Batman and Damian in his run makes sense in that regard. Was it done well? No. But I understand why it was there, unlike that Meltzer stuff in #1000.
    Last edited by HsssH; 01-14-2021 at 03:14 AM.

(
    Hahaha. Dude Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't really understand who is the target audience for this stuff? Are there thousands of hardcore Batman fans who'll buy everything if Batman is mentioned in a positive note or gets 3 pages cameo? When they already have multiple ongoings and specials every month to buy already?

Edit: Also, I didn't like Tomasi's Superman run, but I can somewhat justify Batman appearing in it. After all he was setting up Super Sons series so including Batman and Damian in his run makes sense in that regard. Was it done well? No. But I understand why it was there, unlike that Meltzer stuff in #1000.

Apparently yes, gotta give Batman fans this, they always show up to support their boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Did you just compare Wonder Woman to Superman? I'd say Superman has been treated much better than Wonder Woman
    that's the problem with ww fans, the superman comics that I buy in hopes of seeing superman are my problem. I'm already tired of spending money on a superman comic, to finally see batman, ww, or all of JL. I have spent money on superman comics (3), just to see a batman from the future and from superman all I saw was how the batman from the future beat him up in the fortress, it seems normal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    that's the problem with ww fans, the superman comics that I buy in hopes of seeing superman are my problem. I'm already tired of spending money on a superman comic, to finally see batman, ww, or all of JL. I have spent money on superman comics (3), just to see a batman from the future and from superman all I saw was how the batman from the future beat him up in the fortress, it seems normal to you.
    Ok but don't put Wonder Woman as an example of someone that has been privileged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ok but don't put Wonder Woman as an example of someone that has been privileged.

when it comes to unwanted guests ww is a privileged person, you don't see superman constantly in ww comics, but you do see ww in superman comics. ww helps superman against doomsday, but superman doesn't help ww. so when it comes to unwanted visitors in superman comics, ww is one of the most important and most annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    when it comes to unwanted guests ww is a privileged person, you don't see superman constantly in ww comics, but you do see ww in superman comics. ww helps superman against doomsday, but superman doesn't help ww. so when it comes to unwanted visitors in superman comics, ww is one of the most important and most annoying.
    Most WW fans are pent up over Maxwell Lord being treated as one of Wonder Woman's main villains. Every single fandom thinks their character is the worst treated character in comics (aside from Bruce Wayne, and even then people complain endlessly over Tom King)

Damn that looks good. Janin is someone that really relies on the right colorist. With someone like Bellarie his art really shines.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

All headcannons are hereby updated

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Apparently yes, gotta give Batman fans this, they always show up to support their boy.
    Awesome. The only thing that would have made this funnier would be if the other guy was wearing a Superman tee.