Page 6 of 375 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Also I’m predicting that Waid will get Adventures of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Also I’m predicting that Waid will get Adventures of Superman.
    An entire new ongoing for Superman? I’d be thrilled but I can’t see it happening. Feels like only Batman can sustain more than two ongoings at DC these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    An entire new ongoing for Superman? I’d be thrilled but I can’t see it happening. Feels like only Batman can sustain more than two ongoings at DC these days.
    It’s either that or Superman gets an ongoing anthology like Batman: Urban Legends and Waid does the lead story for it.

Maybr Waid would get a mini or maxi in current continuity?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

1: another story of the death of superman, more than an event the death of superman has been used so much that it has become a joke.
    2: I buy a superman comic and they give me a Jon comic, if they want Jon so much that they give him a comic, the superman comic is superman.
    3: The only good thing I see from this is that they continue with the cosmic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    It’s either that or Superman gets an ongoing anthology like Batman: Urban Legends and Waid does the lead story for it.
    I’d love that but I just can’t see that happening sadly. He’s getting two books and Blue & Red, along with whatever PKJ’s third Superman project with Janin is. Can’t see a third ongoing on top of all that, but I’d be thrilled if it happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Maybr Waid would get a mini or maxi in current continuity?
    Honestly I don’t think Waid would want the current set up to tell Superman stories. Too different from what his ideal Superman status quo is, unless he’s changed. That’s why I think Black Label is far more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    1: another story of the death of superman, more than an event the death of superman has been used so much that it has become a joke.
    2: I buy a superman comic and they give me a Jon comic, if they want Jon so much that they give him a comic, the superman comic is superman.
    3: The only good thing I see from this is that they continue with the cosmic stories.
    You’re in luck, it looks like the opening story will be about preventing Superman’s death from happening.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Lol it’s actually relatively early in the podcast iirc. But I get ya. We won’t be getting an announcement until we’re a bit in to 2021 though.
    Oh, ok. Curious to see what it's going to be about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Waid talked on a podcast about having started reading all Superman comics in chronological order (starting with the Superboy adventures) for a project. It led to speculation of him writing SM.

I dunno about King. Seems it's from some podcast talk too.
    Well, provided that Waid is actually doing something Superman-related (and at this point it is a pretty big if), maybe it could be a mini or maxi series in the vein of The Life Story of the Flash, just Superman-related.
    I was just thinking that nothing remarkable seems to be coming out from Death Metal or Future State up to now. This PKJ story is basically continuing Bendis' subplots as if Death Metal hadn't even existed. I mean, besides the Earth-3 mini and maybe a JSA work (for which we didn't even need Death Metal actually) what are we getting from "One Universe" nonsense?

I actually thought for years that a well-detailed maxi series with a retelling of Superman's career could finally work as a new Bible after years of continuity mess. I had actually thought of a 52-issue miniseries, but even something shorter, like Batman Eternal, could be enough. So maybe, just maybe, that's what we are getting. Or maybe it is just PKJ for the time being.

I'd actually read a King Black Label mini though. I like King.
    Last edited by Myskin; 12-16-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Dispenser of Truth on his tumblr actually theorized that Waid is going to do the equivalent of “Spider-Man: Life Story” for Superman. But you’ve got me thinking that maybe Waid would want to do an equivalent of his “History of the Marvel Universe” mini for Superman instead. Still would rather get Birthright 2 honestly.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

>> Same writer for both books
    cover2.jpg

I like Jon so I'm glad he's sticking around, but I hope he doesn't steal the book from Clark. Sucks for Ascended, Sacred and the others who don't like Jon, though.

I was hoping for Yang and Waid but I do like a lot of what PKJ is saying so I'll give these a shot. Again, please don't sideline Clark for his son and I hope Lois isn't just, well, the mom and wife again.

I love backups highlighting Metropolis. I hope we get more Lois Lane material out of this new world order.

Not familiar with Siempre. Good to see Hester again. I loved him on Green Arrow.

Dispenser of Truth on his tumblr actually theorized that Waid is going to do the equivalent of “Spider-Man: Life Story” for Superman. But you’ve got me thinking that maybe Waid would want to do an equivalent of his “History of the Marvel Universe” mini for Superman instead. Still would rather get Birthright 2 honestly.
    Man that's been a pitch I've been working on forever but I'm interested in Waid's.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-16-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

- I expected Jon not to be de-aged.
    - I didn't expect PKJ to get both books.
    - I'm not happy of how little Lois has been mentioned going forward (hopefully she features heavily in Checkmate as Bendis has been hinting since forever).
    - From the sound of the first few issues, it will be Jon heavy, I hope that's temporary and we get back to the books being about the big guy.
    - If Waid is still around, then he's writing BL book that will probably work best for him if he's really not for the status quo. He can do anything, whatever he wants.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

A Birthright follow up would be awesome.

It has been mentioned that Waid was also doing a comprehensive re-read of Superman in its entirety. That certainly sounds like research for some type of "History of..." project. Would't object to that either.

Don't know if its worth hoping for at this point, but this so-called epic storyline could take a step being worth the name if Superman's Legion were to show up. That's a big question mark considering Bendis is getting JL so his influence is still going to be felt to some degree. Although that doesn't mean they'd have to get rid of Jon's Legion. More than one Legion was established a long time ago anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Here’s some of Sampre’s stuff. He mostly worked on Injustice so no shocker you don’t recognize him lol:
    http://www.nutopia-agency.com/comics...l_Sampere.html

Definitely a step up from Romita Jr.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Here’s some of Sampre’s stuff. He mostly worked on Injustice so no shocker you don’t recognize him lol:
    http://www.nutopia-agency.com/comics...l_Sampere.html

Definitely a step up from Romita Jr.
    I like everything I'm seeing.