Page 71 of 376 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Where did you find this out?
    Saw it making the rounds on Twitter. Couldn’t find a source so maybe I’m wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Taylor is definitely not who I want taking over. Surprising about Lewis. So they gave him the book to set everyone else up and dumped him? That sucks.
    He’s still writing the back ups in Superman so he’s still getting work. Maybe that will translate into him doing more work at DC. Watters has the Blue & Red story and I dunno what else. That might be it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Saw it making the rounds on Twitter. Couldn’t find a source so maybe I’m wrong.

He’s still writing the back ups in Superman so he’s still getting work. Maybe that will translate into him doing more work at DC. Watters has the Blue & Red story and I dunno what else. That might be it.
    Hey can you take your big shot by just setting up all these books and making sure everyone associates the weakest book with your name? We'll give you a back up later kay thaaaaanks.

He probably has something else lined up we don't know about. I certainly hope that's the case.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Newsarama:

May 11's Superman #31 by writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and artist Scott Godlewski is part two of 'The One Who Fell.'

"Thought to have been defeated long ago by Superman and his allies, the ancient Shadowbreed have returned in a horrifying new form, and Superman’s oldest ally has been assimilated into their ranks," reads DC's synopsis.

"As Jon and the besieged new Thakkramite leader search for the key that will help them defeat the creatures, Superman returns to the site of his first historic victory over the Shadowbreed in an attempt to warn the Thakkramites of the incoming threat. But Superman’s old allies kept terrible secrets from him, and both he and Jon are more vulnerable against the Shadowbreed than they know."

While DC refers to the "ancient Shadowbreed" creatures as having been previously defeated by Superman and his allies unless they've been renamed they appear to be brand-new antagonists.

In the 40-page Superman #31 back-up feature by writer Sean Lewis and artist Sami Basri, longtime and iconic Superman cast member Jimmy Olsen plans to build a backup squad to help the Man of Steel but it "looks like it's already falling apart when two of its members, Loose Cannon and Gangbuster, would rather fight than be friends."

This should be no surprise given Loose Cannon traditionally behaves exactly as his superhero name suggests he would.

John Timms draws Superman #31's main cover and Inhyuk Lee. draws a card stock variant cover.

Over in May 25's Action Comics #1031, Johnson continues the 'Warworld Rising' storyline he began in April with artist Daniel Sampere.

"After a war-torn battleship escapes Warworld and makes the perilous journey to Earth, Superman searches for answers about the identities of its mysterious refugees and their apparent link to the planet Krypton," reads DC's description. "Could there be other Kryptonians in the universe? Meanwhile, Atlantean scientists study the wreckage of the Warworld vessel…and make a shocking discovery that could change the balance of power on Earth."

And in the third Action Comics Midnighter back-up story since the March Infinite Frontier soft reboot continuing his Future State adventures, "stuck in the wrong timeline, Midnighter continues to gather intel on the Chrysalis in hopes of finding an answer. But will it cost him his relationship with Apollo? And who is being held captive at Trojan Solutions?"

The Midnighter back-up feature is by writers Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad with art by Michael Avon Oeming.

Mikel Janín drawn the main over for the 40-page Action Comics #1031 and Julian Totino Tedesco draws a cardstock variant.

Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/details-f...tles-revealed/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So Jon still has a role in action comics, I thought he was only appearing in Superman after the initial crossover in March.

The return of Gangbuster .

Clark and Jon working together feels weird with how older Jon looks like his dad now. I mean, it's not 1-to-1 depending on the artist, but still.

So Jon still has a role in action comics, I thought he was only appearing in Superman after the initial crossover in March.
    It'll be interesting to see which of the Superman books Jon takes over after he assumes the mantle. (Or, rather, comes to share it.)

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Getting quite excited about this upcoming run!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This run continues to sound rad, but the only conceivable excuse at this point for Tales of Metropolis cycling through Jimmy *twice* along with Ambush Bug of all people before getting to Lois is that she was supposed to long since be co-lead of the Checkmate book in the original plan.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It'll be interesting to see which of the Superman books Jon takes over after he assumes the mantle. (Or, rather, comes to share it.)
    I believe it's the Superman ongoing since PKJ said he'll only be writing action comics after the big event he keeps teasing.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Anyone else interested in the line that goes "Superman searches for answers about the identities of its mysterious refugees and their apparent link to the planet Krypton"?

That's pretty massive.

Given the fact that PKJ is on record as not only a big fan of Bendis' work, but also his Legion work specifically (saying that's a hill he'd die on in an interview), and also since he's actively continuing Bendis' plot threads, I'm thinking this may tie into one of them: New Krypton.

Since he's the type of person who would really think about the practical "how" of how New Krypton can possibly be anything more than a hand full of people and a dog even a 1000 years down the line, this may be him doing that?

The description seems to indicate that they only have ties to Krypton rather than being Kryptonians, and like some people pointed out, it's rather strange that Jon's in both Superman and Action this month even though PKJ made it clear that Superman was the Jon and Clark book while Action was the Clark book.

My guess? Those two are half Kryptonians like Jon. And I'm recalling PKJ taking a moment to think about it then saying that Jon's going to be an important part of Action too even though it's the Clark book. I'm guessing it's more so what Jon represents is going to be important in that book. He's proof that the Kryptonian species can keep going so long as it's willing to adapt and branch out. That ties back into Bendis' New Krypton in the 31st century where we see that what counts as a Kryptonian comes in many different shapes, sizes, and colors because they were willing to branch out to live on.

This also fits in with it being the space book, and also the idea that PKJ is writing Clark as a father. There may be dozens if not hundreds of lost or enslaved Kryptonian hybrids out there, and Clark may be going out there to free them with the the love he has for his son and what he represents on his mind. I think that's at the very least the first arc leading into the big event

It's kind of like Invincible and how the Viltrumites used what Mark represented as a way to save their species.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

PKJ responded to another peson that asked him to de-age Jon, responing no in gif format. He also described how he would write Jon:

"You’re gonna see all the father/son/family feels. I have a young son I’d do anything for, and my method for writing Jon now is basically me leaning over the paper and crying dad-tears onto it. I love love love writing Clark and Jon together. I mostly see Jon from the perspective of Clark, and I definitely think you’ll love them together."

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...48695769763840

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Anyone else interested in the line that goes "Superman searches for answers about the identities of its mysterious refugees and their apparent link to the planet Krypton"?

That's pretty massive.

Given the fact that PKJ is on record as not only a big fan of Bendis' work, but also his Legion work specifically (saying that's a hill he'd die on in an interview), and also since he's actively continuing Bendis' plot threads, I'm thinking this may tie into one of them: New Krypton.

Since he's the type of person who would really think about the practical "how" of how New Krypton can possibly be anything more than a hand full of people and a dog even a 1000 years down the line, this may be him doing that?

The description seems to indicate that they only have ties to Krypton rather than being Kryptonians, and like some people pointed out, it's rather strange that Jon's in both Superman and Action this month even though PKJ made it clear that Superman was the Jon and Clark book while Action was the Clark book.

My guess? Those two are half Kryptonians like Jon. And I'm recalling PKJ taking a moment to think about it then saying that Jon's going to be an important part of Action too even though it's the Clark book. I'm guessing it's more so what Jon represents is going to be important in that book. He's proof that the Kryptonian species can keep going so long as it's willing to adapt and branch out. That ties back into Bendis' New Krypton in the 31st century where we see that what counts as a Kryptonian comes in many different shapes, sizes, and colors because they were willing to branch out to live on.

This also fits in with it being the space book, and also the idea that PKJ is writing Clark as a father. There may be dozens if not hundreds of lost or enslaved Kryptonian hybrids out there, and Clark may be going out there to free them with the the love he has for his son and what he represents on his mind. I think that's at the very least the first arc leading into the big event

It's kind of like Invincible and how the Viltrumites used what Mark represented as a way to save their species.
    A lot of that makes sense, based on everything PKJ has said so far. You're probably on the money with this theory.

Was not expecting this title to become a Clark/Jon duo book again, to be honest.

BANNED

PKJ responded to another peson that asked him to de-age Jon, responing no in gif format. He also described how he would write Jon:

"You’re gonna see all the father/son/family feels. I have a young son I’d do anything for, and my method for writing Jon now is basically me leaning over the paper and crying dad-tears onto it. I love love love writing Clark and Jon together. I mostly see Jon from the perspective of Clark, and I definitely think you’ll love them together."

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...48695769763840

A lot of that makes sense, based on everything PKJ has said so far. You're probably on the money with this theory.
    No disrespect for his love for his son—-I get it. But it doesn’t reflect well on him that he has this much to say about Jon and yet, seemingly, can’t spare 5 words about Jon’s mother and seemingly has zero interest in even remembering that Jon has a mother.

I have no idea what this man’s personal situation is but truly....not a good look. At all.

At some point, his complete inability to include Lois in any of his plans absolutely reflects poorly on him. And we are at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was not expecting this title to become a Clark/Jon duo book again, to be honest.
    This is why I still have a fear that even after this crossover, when the title separation is supposed to occur, that the Superman book is still going to find a way to be full of Jon references and representation in some form or another even though Clark will be off-planet. He says he's been a Superman fan all his life and I have no reason to doubt that, but in the here and now ever since he's been announced he's presented himself as far more focused and a far bigger fan of Jon than Clark.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Was thinking about it more, and it occurred to me, THIS may be how PKJ plans to tackle the idea of discrimination (something he talked about in an interview not long ago).

Follow me on this one for a sec.

What if the big revamp to Mongul Jr. is that he's basically like "okay, I get that I can't touch you and your family, Superman. But these little random hybrids that no one seems to know about or care about? They're mine. And I'm going to build a got damn galactic economy on their backs, and I couldn't give less of a f#%k about you." I recall PKJ saying that Mongul Jr. would be unlike his father in that he'd be less single minded and focused on Clark, but rather he'd have bigger goals in mind. What if those goals are to build what is essentially a galactic Roman empire off the slave trade and labor of the bustard children of long lost old Krypton?

Going full tilt Roman emperor with Mongul fits both the "Superman War Lord of Mars" and "Superman as Spartacus" hints PKJ gave in regards to his take. The dehumanizing of the hybrids also plays into Jon's feelings of self worth as a worthy Superman, and makes thing even more personal for Clark than when Mongul Sr. showed up with the Black Mercy. This is literally attacking the very idea of his son while not laying a finger on him. It also allows Clark to go on a quest, and I have to imagine his new supporting cast will be some of the hybrids (allowing Clark to think back on memories with teaching his son).

But Mongul as not just an evil Roman style emperor, but also a flat out slave trader and owner could be the thing that puts him on the map as not just the guy Superman gets to punch real hard. It would catapult him to maybe the top of the heap when it comes to just straight up "holy ****, this guy is actually evil" rakings, and it would do it in a pretty no bullshit way.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.