Page 80 of 376 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I ain't say I liked it I just said I read it. And don't get it twisted I don't care what's done to this Jon if I have to swap him for real Jon then that is the move. I trust DC will come to their senses sometime next year hopefully around when Hogwarts Legacy comes out. (That way if I'm disappointed i have something to occupy my time)
    [ears perk up at the sound of "Hogwarts Legacy"]

Oooooh you're lucky things would get WAY off topic cuz I could talk your ear off about how excited I am for that game XD
    #Ravenclaw #WitBeyondMeasure

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    [ears perk up at the sound of "Hogwarts Legacy"]

Oooooh you're lucky things would get WAY off topic cuz I could talk your ear off about how excited I am for that game XD
    #Ravenclaw #WitBeyondMeasure
    Same!!! So excited I'm gonna play a Slytherin A-Hole first playthrough then Loyal Hufflepuff for the second!!

Mighty Member

It's entirely possible Kennedy could find a way to justify Teen Jon's existence, but even then, it wouldn't change the fact that DC took seven years of development from the character that his fans were looking forward to seeing (and not Bendis's crappy volcano version). If Kennedy manages to make Teen Jon work, then the best compromise would be to pull a Future Trunks. Return 10-year old Jon to the present and have Teen Jon turn out to be a future version that came back to avert his father's death or something. It'd be a retcon, but a workable one.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's entirely possible Kennedy could find a way to justify Teen Jon's existence, but even then, it wouldn't change the fact that DC took seven years of development from the character that his fans were looking forward to seeing (and not Bendis's crappy volcano version). If Kennedy manages to make Teen Jon work, then the best compromise would be to pull a Future Trunks. Return 10-year old Jon to the present and have Teen Jon turn out to be a future version that came back to avert his father's death or something. It'd be a retcon, but a workable one.
    No complaints from me Future Trunks and Buu Saga Trunks are a prime example of best of both worlds in Super they even coexist to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No complaints from me Future Trunks and Buu Saga Trunks are a prime example of best of both worlds in Super they even coexist to an extent.

That's what I'd been suggesting ever since all this got started. It's a pretty easy way to please everyone :/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Post deleted
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-04-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    New interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJ9...l=GateCrashers

The interviewers were very big Jon Kent fans, so they ended up having a bunch of Jon centered questions, but there's a good deal of other details here too.

* His take on Superman isn't really a Superman that he wants to really relate to, or a Superman that has the same sort of weaknesses that we have (examples given: anger, feeling lost, or not knowing what the right thing is), but rather a Superman that shows us the way. A Superman that "shows us who we're supposed to be, and can aspire to be". But he makes it clear that doesn't mean his is a Superman that he doesn't want to see struggle or have a hard time.

* His stance is that his powers come from Krypton, but what makes him special is his Earth parents and what he learned from them as a man.

* He says that it's necessary that we see his powers, but they aren't the point.

* World building is going to be a big driving force in this run. And he wants to show Superman in a larger context.

* PKJ feel that Clark calls himself Clark in his thoughts, and that's how he'll introduce himself now that he's out in the open.

* Lois will be used in the main stories by PKJ for as long as the book (Action) takes place on Earth, but it'll be a relatively smaller role than how she was used during the Bendis era. Instead she'll be getting a larger role in the back up stories.

* Lois is very much part of the Super family and there's some stuff coming up where we will see the modern day House of El (as named by PKJ: Clark, Kara, Jon, and Lois), and she will be playing an active role in stuff that's happening in the story.

* Clark has a deep existential love for all life, and PKJ feel that's a concept that a lot of people can't really wrap their heads around. But he feels Jon gives us a way to put our finger on it because we can understand the deep love for a child or parent. He feels that Superman is all about compassion, and you can now boil that down into one person that represents his love for everything.

* Apparently the issue this month (March) will show off a lot of that love and compassion that Jon represents.

* On a personal note (and related to his work and Superman run) a lot of PKJ's work has become about his son and the love for his son in some way (either seen through his eyes as a parent or seen through his son's eyes), and also the legacy he wants to leave behind for his son.

* Clark still feels guilt over what happened to Jon, and there will be times in the run where it's implied that he's still looking at his son like the 10 year old from before he left. However, Clark's not going to navel gaze about it. It'll just be part of the texture of their relationship.

* PKJ once again brings up that Jon is potentially more powerful than Clark is, but he goes a bit more into it....

* PKJ says that Jon already is a real player in the DCU because of his creation of the United Planets and his link to the Legion, but he says that his status as a force in the DCU is about to go up even more in part because of just how powerful he is.

* He says that Clark, in a way, will be overshadowed by Jon's power, and he has to accept that his little boy is now going to be "a major player in the power structure of the DCU".

* Clark's protective nature will be going into overdrive as Jon gets more and more powerful (implying that it's going to be power that builds on itself) and a more and more active role in the DCU.

* When asked what sets Jon and Clark apparent in terms of personality PKJ doesn't beat around the bush, and I think it's an answer that'll make some fans happy: "I really liked Jon's playful nature when he was younger, and that's still kind of there when we see him a little bit older. I've kinda-- not playing it up--but I'm definitely embracing it." "Superman kinda has this stature. He's used to going places around the universe and being the voice of reason [..] Diffrent situations need an adult in the room, and Superman is the toughest dude alive and everyone knows he'd lay his life down for any of them so he has this automatic stature around the universe. He has this gentle, quite way of talking." "Jon is a little more gregarious. He's just a little more outgoing, and fun, and sloppy kind of. He's just-- he's just fun, ya know? Fun to be around. There's all these scenes of him doing fun things and being in fun situations [..] He just has such a fun personality, and I love writing his voice especially in contrast to his dad. So he has all the power, but he's still kind of the new kid, and everything's still fun and new to him. He doesn't feel the weight of it really."

* "It's a really fun dynamic between him and his dad because he's less restrained and is still just having fun with it. He still just loves to fly.

* "We reveal a little big later that he's kinda been experimenting with his heat vision. He's gonna have more control over certain aspects of his powers than his dad did, and it's just been really fun to explore. And it's fun for him too."

* Most of the characters that PKJ has been writing so far are actually new characters. Some will be heroes, and other will not be.

* We're gonna see Superman join forces with some characters you might not expect. "We're gonna see Superman in the context of a different kinda crew than he normally runs with"

* If they opportunity allows for it, he'd love to bring in some of the characters from House of El, but that opportunity isn't there yet.

* PKJ is cool with Mon-El now being a Kryptonian and part of the House of El.

* PKJ will be fleshing out an alien race that he's always felt was underserved, and he wants to see a lot more of, and make it a legit culture. There's also going to be a new race of aliens that will be very critical to the Superman canon going forward.

* The suit from Future State Worlds of War may be coming back for Clark.
    So lets hand all of the wonderful things the Pre-Crisis writers thought up over to Superman's kid and keep Clark stuck with those godawful Post-Crisis ideas. The absolute state of Post-Crisis Superman.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The interviewers were very big Jon Kent fans, so they ended up having a bunch of Jon centered questions, but there's a good deal of other details here too.

* His take on Superman isn't really a Superman that he wants to really relate to, or a Superman that has the same sort of weaknesses that we have (examples given: anger, feeling lost, or not knowing what the right thing is), but rather a Superman that shows us the way. A Superman that "shows us who we're supposed to be, and can aspire to be". But he makes it clear that doesn't mean his is a Superman that he doesn't want to see struggle or have a hard time.

* His stance is that his powers come from Krypton, but what makes him special is his Earth parents and what he learned from them as a man.

* He says that it's necessary that we see his powers, but they aren't the point.

* World building is going to be a big driving force in this run. And he wants to show Superman in a larger context.

* PKJ feel that Clark calls himself Clark in his thoughts, and that's how he'll introduce himself now that he's out in the open.

* Lois will be used in the main stories by PKJ for as long as the book (Action) takes place on Earth, but it'll be a relatively smaller role than how she was used during the Bendis era. Instead she'll be getting a larger role in the back up stories.

* Lois is very much part of the Super family and there's some stuff coming up where we will see the modern day House of El (as named by PKJ: Clark, Kara, Jon, and Lois), and she will be playing an active role in stuff that's happening in the story.

* Clark has a deep existential love for all life, and PKJ feel that's a concept that a lot of people can't really wrap their heads around. But he feels Jon gives us a way to put our finger on it because we can understand the deep love for a child or parent. He feels that Superman is all about compassion, and you can now boil that down into one person that represents his love for everything.

* Apparently the issue this month (March) will show off a lot of that love and compassion that Jon represents.

* On a personal note (and related to his work and Superman run) a lot of PKJ's work has become about his son and the love for his son in some way (either seen through his eyes as a parent or seen through his son's eyes), and also the legacy he wants to leave behind for his son.

* Clark still feels guilt over what happened to Jon, and there will be times in the run where it's implied that he's still looking at his son like the 10 year old from before he left. However, Clark's not going to navel gaze about it. It'll just be part of the texture of their relationship.

* PKJ once again brings up that Jon is potentially more powerful than Clark is, but he goes a bit more into it....

* PKJ says that Jon already is a real player in the DCU because of his creation of the United Planets and his link to the Legion, but he says that his status as a force in the DCU is about to go up even more in part because of just how powerful he is.

* He says that Clark, in a way, will be overshadowed by Jon's power, and he has to accept that his little boy is now going to be "a major player in the power structure of the DCU".

* Clark's protective nature will be going into overdrive as Jon gets more and more powerful (implying that it's going to be power that builds on itself) and a more and more active role in the DCU.

* When asked what sets Jon and Clark apparent in terms of personality PKJ doesn't beat around the bush, and I think it's an answer that'll make some fans happy: "I really liked Jon's playful nature when he was younger, and that's still kind of there when we see him a little bit older. I've kinda-- not playing it up--but I'm definitely embracing it." "Superman kinda has this stature. He's used to going places around the universe and being the voice of reason [..] Diffrent situations need an adult in the room, and Superman is the toughest dude alive and everyone knows he'd lay his life down for any of them so he has this automatic stature around the universe. He has this gentle, quite way of talking." "Jon is a little more gregarious. He's just a little more outgoing, and fun, and sloppy kind of. He's just-- he's just fun, ya know? Fun to be around. There's all these scenes of him doing fun things and being in fun situations [..] He just has such a fun personality, and I love writing his voice especially in contrast to his dad. So he has all the power, but he's still kind of the new kid, and everything's still fun and new to him. He doesn't feel the weight of it really."

* "It's a really fun dynamic between him and his dad because he's less restrained and is still just having fun with it. He still just loves to fly.

* "We reveal a little big later that he's kinda been experimenting with his heat vision. He's gonna have more control over certain aspects of his powers than his dad did, and it's just been really fun to explore. And it's fun for him too."

* Most of the characters that PKJ has been writing so far are actually new characters. Some will be heroes, and other will not be.

* We're gonna see Superman join forces with some characters you might not expect. "We're gonna see Superman in the context of a different kinda crew than he normally runs with"

* If they opportunity allows for it, he'd love to bring in some of the characters from House of El, but that opportunity isn't there yet.

* PKJ will be fleshing out an alien race that he's always felt was underserved, and he wants to see a lot more of, and make it a legit culture. There's also going to be a new race of aliens that will be very critical to the Superman canon going forward.

Basically loving everything I've seen so far. Can't wait for the development of Kal and Jon's relationship (Jon is becoming one of my favorites; curious to see how insanely powerful he will become).

I guess this run is gonna be a blast!

Amazing Member

I'm still a little cautious about the PKJ's run but I can't deny that everything I read here puts a smile on my face

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Anyone else getting some serious Mark Waid Wally West vibes from this set up?

I mean that mostly in the sense that Jon is the fun loving, easy-going new heir to the mantel who has both much greater power/potential and creativity and control over his powers than his predecessor.

This is also the first solid example of how Jon's powers will be both greater and different from Clark's. He's apparently going to have greater control over certain aspects of his powers than Clark doesn't, and a new spin on heat vision is an expression of that. First off, I love the idea this is being used as an aspect of Jon's personality in the sense that he's more outgoing and seems to maybe think outside the box in ways his dad doesn't, so he uncovered this new aspect of his powers via that. That's good character and power stuff right there.

But it has me thinking about what else he can do. PKJ seems to make a point that Jon's only going to get more powerful, and that it's not just that his powers work differently, but that they're also more powerful.

Maybe this really is Mark Waid inspired and Jon's able to tap into the fundamental aspects that make up a Kryptonian's powers at their core and manipulate them like Plutonian from Irredeemable? That would be WILDLY powerfully if practiced because that may let him consciously control the unconscious manipulation of gravity, thus allowing him to, in theory, control a fundamental force.

I mean, apparently the kid will be growing so powerful that he's going to redefine the power structure of the DCU. PKJ has talked about Clark having hear absolute power (enough to take over the whole universe in PKJ's estimation), so what does that say about Jon's growing powers apparently just flat out overshadowing him?

_________

It's kind of crazy. You almost never see this with Superman characters. This sort of wild power expression and potential is usually saved almost exclusively for Flash or Franklin frakin' Richards over at Marvel. And you most certainly don't see Superman characters coming in with this sort of potential power getting a book. Once again, it's like the Superman equivalent to Wally West. Wally, during the Waid, Morrison, and Millar years, was basically a god with an ongoing.

So then Jon's story becomes absolute power, in a way that not even his dad has, and maybe not fully understanding the implications of what he's becoming and needs to be because at his core he's kid having fun. That's probably where the weight and responsibility comes from, and it has to suck for Jon because he didn't ask to be THIS powerful, but as an escalation to Clark's whole deal, having that kind of power means you gotta be The Guy.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

I'm sorry, but the fact is he has already said he's not de-aging Jon, so as far as I'm concerned he's not doing what actually needs to be done, so I can't support him and nothing else he says or does matters. Jon's age-up needs to be undone or I'm not coming back. This is non-negotiable position. I'm not supporting him or any other writer they put on the character unless they undo the age up. Refusing to support the older Jon and denying sales one the few methods we have to send DC the message. So I'm not even giving him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    So lets hand all of the wonderful things the Pre-Crisis writers thought up over to Superman's kid and keep Clark stuck with those godawful Post-Crisis ideas. The absolute state of Post-Crisis Superman.
    He still didn't get a sword though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm going to be the old man in the room: I just do not like Jon becoming more powerful than his dad and I think it makes Jon a less appealing character. Unlike Wally, there's nothing genetic that should hold him back or make him different. I'm fine with him exhibiting more mastery of his powers if he doesn't hit as hard with them-- that's unique and interesting.

This is just some ol' bullshit.

Other plans, including Jon's voice, sounds great. As does finally hearing that he does have plans for Lois.

Yeah!BOO! do the powerranger jon kent thing.Not because of genetic mumbo jumbo.But,because i want jon to be wierdass and scifi.Hopefully,he gets to join galactic patrol or flash gordon or adam strange. have him dual wield energy swords and guns and junk.#Superjedininjaman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm going to be the old man in the room: I just do not like Jon becoming more powerful than his dad and I think it makes Jon a less appealing character. Unlike Wally, there's nothing genetic that should hold him back or make him different. I'm fine with him exhibiting more mastery of his powers if he doesn't hit as hard with them-- that's unique and interesting.

This is just some ol' bullshit.

Other plans, including Jon's voice, sounds great. As does finally hearing that he does have plans for Lois.
    I can't reconcile myself to this. They keep saying it and I just can't accept it. I'll go so far as to say, the more they keep saying it, the more I reject it because my brain is basically coming with ways of how half of something can never be as strong/concentrated as a full something. If they said he finds ways of maximising what he does have to make up for what he doesn't, I'd be me open to it and oddly enough this sounds like what they did with Clone Conner before giving him a full set of Kryptonian abilities. The only thing that interest me with this Jon development is delving into the fact that he's had an unstable upbringing, the only opportunity for character work that fascinates me because everything else hasn't won me over/repels me, and I hate that.