Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boisterously Confused

Kang is an under-appreciated gem in Marvel's jewel box. Future Tech sufficient to hold off Thor. Tactical/strategic abilities enough to tie Captain America in knots. An army across time that would make Temujin's mouth water.

IMO, only Englehart and Busiek truly got him right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    So What would your short lists be ?
    My short list would be Stan Lee's Kang story in the Avengers with the Kooky Quartet, Avengers Forever and the Doctor Doom solo series (1-6)

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Kang is an under-appreciated gem in Marvel's jewel box. Future Tech sufficient to hold off Thor. Tactical/strategic abilities enough to tie Captain America in knots. An army across time that would make Temujin's mouth water.

IMO, only Englehart and Busiek truly got him right.
    The only thing is with Englehart you had to put up with the annoying Mantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    My short list would be Stan Lee's Kang story in the Avengers with the Kooky Quartet, Avengers Forever and the Doctor Doom solo series (1-6)
    Thanks, so that would be:

The Avengers #24 - From the Ashes of Defeat - also avalaible in:
    - Avengers Epic Collection: Once An Avenger

Avengers Forever - aka Avengers By Kurt Busiek & George Perez

Doctor Doom: Pottersville

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The only thing is with Englehart you had to put up with the annoying Mantis.
    I didn't mind Mantis. Didn't love her, but didn't mind her. She was more plot device than character. So, nonissue for me.

Thanks, so that would be:

The Avengers #24 - From the Ashes of Defeat - also avalaible in:
    - Avengers Epic Collection: Once An Avenger

Avengers Forever - aka Avengers By Kurt Busiek & George Perez

Doctor Doom: Pottersville
    That is correct

Your ??? Should be “The Crossing” and technically starts at issue 390 and crosses into other books such as ForceWorks and Iron Man. However, that entire storyline can be removed completely from your list due to the Avengers Forever storyline which indicated that it wasn’t really Kang in the Crossing storyline.

Your list omits the “Citizen Kang” storyline which crossed over into 4 Annuals in whatever year it came out (I can’t remember). Avengers, FF, Cap?, and one other I think.

Your “Armor Wars” years are definitely wrong. That storyline was 1989-1990. It’s possible you meant “Armor Wars II” in which case your issues are wrong.

—————————-

As far as what to read, I like the “Time and Time Again trade which gives you 3 storylines I think and Kang Dynasty best.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 12-16-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Your ??? Should be “The Crossing” and technically starts at issue 390 and crosses into other books such as ForceWorks and Iron Man. However, that entire storyline can be removed completely from your list due to the Avengers Forever storyline which indicated that it wasn’t really Kang in the Crossing storyline.

Your list omits the “Citizen Kang” storyline which crossed over into 4 Annuals in whatever year it came out (I can’t remember). Avengers, FF, Cap?, and one other I think.

Your “Armor Wars” years are definitely wrong. That storyline was 1989-1990. It’s possible you meant “Armor Wars II” in which case your issues are wrong.

—————————-

As far as what to read, I like the “Time and Time Again trade which gives you 3 storylines I think and Kang Dynasty best.
    I'm not an expert, so I might have missed stuff.

For "Amor Wars" I'm talking about this - https://comicvine.gamespot.com/iron-...rs/4050-27515/

I Will complet my list with missing stories

1980-85 - Avengers: Absolute Vision - Avengers #231-254, annual#11-13 + Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16 + Fantastic Four #256 + Doctor Strange #60
    I think there's little or no Kang in these issues. The Marvel Chronology Project says Immortus featured behind the scenes in Avengers #241 & 254.

bump.

Hello I haven't been following Kang's activities in comics.
    Any notable appearances since 2020 ?
    Or any missing run(s) (see first message) ?

Ever since the MCU has been using Kang in their movies (He will be in Ant Man and the Wasp Quantumania next) Marvel has been using Kang quite heavily.

A very helpful site is the Complete Marvel Reading Order. You can pick a character and they will have all their appearances in order.

Here is the link to Kang's section. The listings are chronological

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So since MCU Kang is black, that means there's a decent chance MCU Reed and/or Sue is also black.
    I'll be curious if we get a Young (Black) Kang in YOUNG AVENGERS. "He Who Begins", I suppose...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-07-2023 at 02:06 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.