Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Incredible Member

I kinda liked the Swiss army knife bracelets that allow her to create/pull any weapon out. It's a cool way to incorporate a little magic, a little martial arts, different cultures and fighting styles.

Maybe something that more closely binds Diana to the Moon? Since comic books love their word play and all haha. She's had astral projection, and I think Tynion positioned the Moon as the collective unconscious. Could be cool to find some Moon related powers for Diana, whether it's some lunar aura or launching collective unconscious astrally projectiony moon bits at enemies.

Or to play off a previous poster, what if her Domain was Moon based and allowed her to manipulate gravitational fields? She clangs her bracelets together and her eyes go white and then we see both of them floating in space with planets and moons and then Diana breaks a moon/uses gravity powers to decimate her opponents. Or maybe something like a reverse Deadman where she can pull an opponents astral projection out of their bodies and they can fight in the realm of the collective unconscious.

Could also be a way to contrast with the Lasso of Truth empowered by Hestia's flames. Which should be hyped more, too.

Just spitballing here lol.

I'm cool with expanding her astral plane connection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Writers need to start using her other powers more. I hate people say "she needs to be differentiated from". She is, her writers have been lazy and doesn't use her full arsenal.
    Which other powers? I'd be all for Wonder Woman bringing back some of the underused abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm cool with expanding her astral plane connection.
    I think that would be a good idea. It's sort of a mystical power, so it fits more in with her mythological background, IMO
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 06-04-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Okay so this will be controversial for sure.

What if Diana's strength adjusted to the challenge placed in front of her?

As of late I've become interested in how to define Diana's powers in more definitive but interesting ways. Among these ideas are:

1 unlimited stamina

2 Her skin can crack when hit by arrows, axes, bullets.
    But her muscles, organs and bones are very hard to pierce and wound.

3 her body cannot be transmorphed by magic or science. She cannot be frozen, nor polymorphed, nor shrunken. But there is one particularly vulnerabilty which is that her mind can easily be deattached from her body.

And now I was trying to define her strength more clearly. Her strength has never been quantifiable anyway, but what I like about this idea of Diana's strength being proportional is that it enhances the idea of her being a competitive champion, and allows us to always show that her skill and determination is what makes a difference in combat.

This way we could have stories where Diana is training normal women and she is physically at the same level at them, but then when a truck falls from the air, she jumps out of a window and grabs it.

If Diana is fighting Bane then her strength will be comparable to him, but if she is fighting Superman, she will be at the same level as a kryptonian. I think this could be very thematically rich and create manny narrative opportunities.

This would also force writers to always use her in a massive way versus someone like Darkseid, because now she can actually punch just as hard as him when fighting him. It makes Diana an incredible versatile but always impressive character, without ever making her overpowered.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-18-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Isn't she strong enough? She recently added magic to her repertoire.

Presently reading through Greg Rucka’s run.

Think it would be good to emphasise her ambassadorial skills more...her ability to forestall trouble, and getting people to co-operate without fighting. As part of that skill set she ought to be particularly good at languages.

Put it this way...when some one needs to negotiate with potential enemies on behalf of the JLA, it ought to be obvious that nine times out of ten Wonder Woman is a better choice than Batman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Presently reading through Greg Rucka’s run.

Think it would be good to emphasise her ambassadorial skills more...her ability to forestall trouble, and getting people to co-operate without fighting. As part of that skill set she ought to be particularly good at languages.

Put it this way...when some one needs to negotiate with potential enemies on behalf of the JLA, it ought to be obvious that nine times out of ten Wonder Woman is a better choice than Batman.
    That would be more of a skill than a power though. Although I don't disagree she'd probably be a better negotiator than Batman

Quote Originally Posted by TiaraPenny View Post
    Isn't she strong enough? She recently added magic to her repertoire.
    When did she do that?