Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Diana unique power

Should wonder woman have a distinct power to separate herself from the classic flying brick?

Superman has heat vison,super breath and super senses.Aquaman can breath underwater and talk to fish.

It doesn't need to be combat oriented.

Curious to see people thoughts

She's had a few things over the years that doesn't overlap much with others, probably one of the more older and less-used ones is talking to animals.

In the GA, if her bracelets were removed she had a "frenzied mode" that was kind of revisited in the New 52 where she went into "God Mode" if her bracelets were removed. There's also the recent "Witch mode" from JLD though it's clearly meant to be temporary and not all that different from say Superman sun-dipping and or the times GL rings get super-charged for xyz reasons.

There's some precedence for this in the comics but the movies also introduced slamming her bracelets together to create energy blasts.

I think her lasso needs a bit of a power up. It could have 3 different uses.

The first one is as a normal lasso, to tie prople up and throw them around. The second is a defensive manner, where she spins it in circlee around ber and it creates like a moving barrier that blocks all kinds of things. She kinda does something similar in a clip that just came out from ww84 to stop bullets in the white house.

The third use is something new. It's sort of an homage to her spinning transformation in the 70s tv show. What if she could sort of make her lasso become semi solid by spinning it, not to the touch but just as it spins and it had an energy that kept the kinectic momentum even after she stops spinning it. She could like do a hulahoop thing, spining it in circles and moving her body with if, and it would both protect her and be used offensively to whip people around her. Sort of like the scene in X-men First Class where Havok uses his powers for the first time and decapitates a statue, and he creates these red glowing circles and spins them like a hulahoop, except it would still be a lasso and she couldn't throw it, just expand and extend it to hit someone and then circle back around to her.

It would be a unique item and it kind of fits with her as more of a perfomative superhero than an actual gladiator. Like in the spirit of south american cultures and Hawaii with the fire dancers and martial arts combined with dancing.

Fantastic Member

Exclamation

Wonder Woman has:

Superhuman senses: (sight, hearing, smell, emotions)

Animal Communication

Wisdom: Strategist, Tactician, Diplomat, leadership.

Dimensional Teleportation: Diana can leave the planet though meditation and communicate with the Greek Gods.

Lasso of Truth powers:

-Obey commands and force anyone to tell the truth
    -Restore lost memories (Destroys mind control)
    -Eliminate Illusions
    -protect user from magic attacks
    -cure insanity
    -Enter the soul of the person caught in the lasso

Astonishing Member

She also has an invisible jet. It's easy to see why people have forgotten about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Should wonder woman have a distinct power to separate herself from the classic flying brick?

Superman has heat vison,super breath and super senses.Aquaman can breath underwater and talk to fish.

It doesn't need to be combat oriented.

Curious to see people thoughts
    She already was already distinct from them though 52 sought to make her generic AF

BANNED

Always wanted to see her have a growth power like Giganta. The Kaiju fights would be awesome.

Zeus's lightning would be cool too.

I'm on record as generally against power-ups and power-spreads. "No new powers" - that's my motto for every character I can think of (and there are quite a few I want to reduce in power to previous levels). So my answer is "no" - if you don't find any of her existing powers unique enough, then she should not have a unique power.

I mean she has a lot of unique abilities that don't get any play. I don't think writers stretch their imaginations on her either. Like does her animal communication work with alien animals? how small can she see with her super vision? how powerful is her super breath? what unique things can she do with Zeus's lightning? can she summon storms and how big? She has Athena's grey eyes, what makes then unique?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Always wanted to see her have a growth power like Giganta. The Kaiju fights would be awesome.

Zeus's lightning would be cool too.
    Her bracelets had them for a brief spell in the pre-New 52 years in Simone’s run

I wouldn’t mind if the lightning riding made its way over from the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Her bracelets had them for a brief spell in the pre-New 52 years in Simone’s run

I wouldn’t mind if the lightning riding made its way over from the film.
    And Cassie could generate lightning from her lasso at some point. I say they should embrace that more.

Fantastic Member

One thing I liked and miss in new 52 is Wonder Woman's bracelets can magically create weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post

Lasso of Truth powers:

-Obey commands and force anyone to tell the truth
    -Restore lost memories (Destroys mind control)
    -Eliminate Illusions
    -protect user from magic attacks
    -cure insanity
    -Enter the soul of the person caught in the lasso
    Not sure if the last item on your list (enter the soul) is the same thing, but her lasso can show ppl the truth/consequences of their actions....:

It’s how she stopped Ares in her first Post Crisis adventure. I always liked that she was clearly overpowered, as it should be fighting a god, and she got him to stop on his own.

she has that shockwave power with her bracelets from the movies
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    One thing I liked and miss in new 52 is Wonder Woman's bracelets can magically create weapons.
    I think they just created swords.