Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    she has that shockwave power with her bracelets from the movies
    That’s actually a really cool power. Has it made its way into the comics? I’m drawing a blank!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That’s actually a really cool power. Has it made its way into the comics? I’m drawing a blank!
    From before the movie but while not exactly like how it is in the movies, in Rucka’s first run she slams them together and the shockwaves from it were able to send back a tsunami that was heading for the US coastline.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think they just created swords.

You're right. She only created swords. I thought she can create any weapon. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member

To differentiate herself from the regular flying brick, I would do two things

1. Remove her flight.

2. Re-emphasis her communication related powers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    From before the movie but while not exactly like how it is in the movies, in Rucka’s first run she slams them together and the shockwaves from it were able to send back a tsunami that was heading for the US coastline.
    Sweet, thank you!

Mighty Member

She has multiple, the writers just forget them all the time, although Orlando remembered her soul related powers as example:

Last edited by Rightoya; 12-20-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    To differentiate herself from the regular flying brick, I would do two things

1. Remove her flight.

2. Re-emphasis her communication related powers
    1. The question was:

Should wonder woman have a distinct power to separate herself from the classic flying brick?

And not:

How would you depower Wonder Woman for no good reason?

2. The only communication related power of her is animal emphaty, and it would be ok if she talks more often to animals, but i would not want to be the writer who has to explain why taking away flight and just let her talk more with animals instead seemed like a good idea at any point, and i don't think there are many writers except maybe Christopher Priest who would want to be that person.

Extraordinary Member

No, she needs nothing other than what she already has, which include plenty of unique powers/items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    2. The only communication related power of her is animal emphaty, and it would be ok if she talks more often to animals, but i would not want to be the writer who has to explain why taking away flight and just let her talk more with animals instead seemed like a good idea at any point, and i don't think there are many writers except maybe Christopher Priest who would want to be that person.
    Wonder Woman has more communication powers than animal empathy and communication. She has telepathic and mind healing powers since Marston. The film demonstrated super empathy and mind healing with Charlie. Pérez mentioned empathy in his overview of the powers given to her, and had her acting as a superpowered midwife for an unborn child who had been traumatised while still in the womb.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Wonder Woman has more communication powers than animal empathy and communication. She has telepathic and mind healing powers since Marston. The film demonstrated super empathy and mind healing with Charlie. Pérez mentioned empathy in his overview of the powers given to her, and had her acting as a superpowered midwife for an unborn child who had been traumatised while still in the womb.
    Like with super intelligence, I've always been iffy about empathy being treated as a super power. Should something that any human can have really be treated as an unusual ability?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Like with super intelligence, I've always been iffy about empathy being treated as a super power. Should something that any human can have really be treated as an unusual ability?
    Well I would make all of her powers the result of training, so anything she can do, a human would theoretically have the power to do

Well I would make all of her powers the result of training, so anything she can do, a human would theoretically have the power to do
    So she's not Wonder Woman then.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    So she's not Wonder Woman then.
    No, She's Golden Age Wonder Woman where that was how Diana's powers worked

No, She's Golden Age Wonder Woman where that was how Diana's powers worked
    If a human could theoretically do it, then there is nothing wonderous about her. Golden age Diana has done some crazy things far beyond human perception, what are you taking about? Training to get better is not a pure Wonder Woman concept, 99% of all fictional characters explore and use this fact. So there is nothing unique about it.

Diana has access to Zeus's lightning, we've barely seen what it can truly do. She has strong empathetic powers from Aphrodite, we don't see what they really can do. She can talk to animals, so far only earth animals what about other species or aliens? She as wisdom and intelligence equal to Athena, as wise as 10,000 scholars, we don't she her use her brain to often. She has a connection to Hecate, lets she her use that magic of hers more often, I find that different and more exciting from just a general stat boost like God Mode.

These are some unique powers that should be explored.

As an example, in Death Metal the Lasso literally rewrote all of the DC multiverse into a single connected timeline, that's how far the lasso can work its unique power.