Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Anyway, for potential ideas for unique powers

A sort of "spider-sense" for sensing incoming danger.

Creating a personal force field for extra protection.

Concentrating divine energy into various parts of her body.

Sensing mystical and magical energy in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Anyway, for potential ideas for unique powers

A sort of "spider-sense" for sensing incoming danger.

Creating a personal force field for extra protection.

Concentrating divine energy into various parts of her body.

Sensing mystical and magical energy in disguise.
    She had an omisight/sense when she was imbued with the Godwave from Ares.

She could also put her gauntlets together to create a larger shield back in post-crisis, check her fight with powergirl.

Maybe she can channel lightning into her fists and legs to supercharge her attacks. A blessing of Apollo could allow her to super heal from wounds in a second, this would take a lot of energy and could only be used once in a fight. Like having total control over her molecular structure.

She can already do that, look on her respect thread for the scans.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Recently I've been thinking that Diana as a being made of clay and turned to life should have an inherent resistence to all magic and science in one single way, her body can't be transformed. She can be hit by magical energy and get hurt and she can be crushed under a supreme amount of pressure, but no science or magic can change her body. She can't be polymorphed or burned or anything else that would change her body, including permanent tattoos unfortunately.

In fact, maybe her greatest weakness is if you attack her soul, in that while she has an incredible amount of will power, you could very easily trap her outside of her body. That last one is more of a potential idea, not sure if I like it or not, but body swap stories could be fun with Diana.

Of course that when someone changes reality itself like in all the reboots, her body is automatically changed, but you can't target her body directly.

It's another way to make her stand out from other heroes. Like maybe Superman can survive a supernova, but Diana can't me transformed into a pig (wink wink) unlike him, and her body can be rebuilt by the amazons.

turn stuff invisible

is that something we are ever going to see again? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Recently I've been thinking that Diana as a being made of clay and turned to life should have an inherent resistence to all magic and science in one single way, her body can't be transformed. She can be hit by magical energy and get hurt and she can be crushed under a supreme amount of pressure, but no science or magic can change her body. She can't be polymorphed or burned or anything else that would change her body, including permanent tattoos unfortunately.

In fact, maybe her greatest weakness is if you attack her soul, in that while she has an incredible amount of will power, you could very easily trap her outside of her body. That last one is more of a potential idea, not sure if I like it or not, but body swap stories could be fun with Diana.

Of course that when someone changes reality itself like in all the reboots, her body is automatically changed, but you can't target her body directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's another way to make her stand out from other heroes. Like maybe Superman can survive a supernova, but Diana can't me transformed into a pig (wink wink) unlike him, and her body can be rebuilt by the amazons.
    This feels very Nu52 Donna Troy i.e. reattaching her hand after Diana cut it off. I mean I get the idea, but Diana isn't like actually clay, she bleeds and feels pain, she is alive. I feel like she would just be interpreted as like a sculpture where she can just crack and break, and that just doesn't feel right. I mean she has resisted polymorphism (she resisted being turned into a gorilla by Grodd). And she does have natural resistances to magic unlike other heroes already.

Surviving a supernova isn't unique to Superman, many people have done it including Diana. Superman isn't really unique anymore in the actual power set department, problem with being the first y'know. I guess his ice breath and his multiple different types of vision would really be it, at least to my knowledge.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I think her power to talk to animals should be explored more.

Also DC is throwing the word “immortal” around a lot with her lately. Not sure it’s shes full on immortal now or if they just mean she won’t die from old age.

Ultimate Member

Late to this thread, but I would say "yes" the OP's question. The flying brick is way too generic at this point.

She had astral projection at one point, if I'm not mistaken, so I think it would be a good idea if she had it again. I think someone in this thread mentioned she can also communicate with animals

Kind of liked what others said about maybe being an empath. I’d tie to the blessing Aphrodite rather than her beauty.

Astral projection/mental radio I always found kind of stupid.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Kind of liked what others said about maybe being an empath. I’d tie to the blessing Aphrodite rather than her beauty.

Astral projection/mental radio I always found kind of stupid.
    What's wrong with astral projection?

Greek gods, just like most pagan gods have a huge connection to elements.

As a daughter of Zeus, I would give her some elemental based abilities like some control over lightning, but not really in an active way. Maybe it would just depend on her emotional state. Maybe it would boost her base abilities, strength and speed wise.

And about her flight, Superman seems to be able to create some magnetic field around him so, for Diana, it would be more in an elemental way and it would connect her to her original ability of gliding on winds.
    Diana would somehow be able to control the air around her and it would allow her to fly.
    She would primarily jump around as she is used to but she would still be able to fly if need be, and to hover,
    there would be lots of wind around her so it would be visually nice to see her land in a dramatic way.

And when she really wants to fly, maybe she’d start sprinting first and upon reaching a certain speed, she’d have the necessary amount of wind to fly, just like a plane.
    And she would eventually master her skill to fly effortlessly when it’s necessary.

As for her speed, she would have a nice base stat, thanks to her physical superior condition, but maybe her affinity with electricity and wind could allow her bursts of speed that can rival that of the Flash’s cruise speed.
    It would put her in the Flash’s league speedwise, but he would still be the top dog since her supercharged mode is temporary.

I could think of many other things, but there are ways to make heroes Uber-powerful and still have interesting story lines.

That way, Wonder Woman would still be Wonder Woman, capable of the greatest feats while still being limited in some ways for the writers to write interesting and compelling stories.
    Last edited by enish; 05-02-2021 at 11:10 AM.

They should make it so she can sense electricity fields, including the ones in living things. Like sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What's wrong with astral projection?
    Absolutely nothing. He's just a dude that doesn't like it and it's fine.

I myself happen to love the metaphysical aspects of the Marston era. His stories were all about the superior ideology and spirit conquering the world of men, and he introduced this huge lore full of distinct and creative concepts and characters and worlds that kept meshing together in fun ways. All these ideas were centered around that theme of mental virtues having a physical power over reality. Diana was herself a result of this. Hippolyta wanted a pure amazonian birth and thus a mixture of technology and the power of desire gave life unto that clay figure that represented everything Hippolyta admired.

Astral projection is just an extension of this theme of mind becoming physical power.

Bring back Astral Projection and Animal Empathy.

Lightning manipulation from Zeus and Fire Manipulation from Hestia

I would go a step further and even give her reality warping hax. A Truth & False Domain where she can determine things & even events to be true or false within her domain. Give the domain a range like 10 to 100 meters.

However, I'd make such an ability her Divine Ability she's in God Mode, not something she can do at normal times.

- Also Amazonian Psychic/Mental abilities.
    - Also bring back hyper are generation as long as she's in contact with the Earth getting healed by Gaea in addition to her ordinary regen.