Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Thoughts on Tom Cruise rant about COVID rules

Some are cheering and praising him for ranting at staffs who broke COVID Rules, other are mocking him. What do you guys think? Was Cruise right to blow up at the MI 8 Staffs for breaking the rules?

Yes he was right. It's important to call out the fool that won't do the simple things necessary to stop this virus. And he has a lot riding on the movie being safely made.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-16-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

He was 100% in the right here. When selfish assholes are putting the whole production at risk when so much of the industry is currently not working they are lucky all he did was yell at them. He probably would have been well within his rights to go and get them fired on the spot instead of yelling at them and giving them a last warning to get their shit together and act like professionals.

He’s absolutely right. Probably just should have fired the guys to make an example, but I guess he’s more patient than I would have been.

Extraordinary Member

Judy Rude-y, err, I mean Judge Judy went off an a man at her hair salon recently for not wearing a mask. He later came back to her wearing his mask and apologized.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ng-mask-public

Sadly, going off on people who refuse to wear a mask is probably what it's going to take to make people wise up. I can't believe we're this far into the pandemic - with so many people dying along the way - and people still aren't taking it seriously. Tom and Judy have the right idea in this case.

Not for me to say what the right way was to do it, but anyone who breaks COVID-19 restriction rules should be called out and the situation rectified.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

100% right!

Yep, he was right. Look, the only way to get through this is to call people out like that. Some are just such colossal idiots that they require it. We'd be done with this here is the United States if more people had been wise about wearing masks and distancing and not worry so much about Gubermeent Cuntrool oh nos!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Listening to what he actually said, I have a lot more respect for Tom Cruise now.

He was 100% right.

Extraordinary Member

As a teacher who wears a mask all day in a room of 20 kids who also wear masks... I’m with Cruise on this because I don’t really respect people who can’t do something so simple right now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I wish Tom would yell at some of the folks around where I live.

100% with him on that one. It clearly wasn't the first time he told them this. They are lucky he tried to get through one more time and didn't just fire them.

I'm honestly sort of disheartened that the guy even had to address it.

A movie set usually isn't The Bozo Show. If it got to the point where the guy felt the need to actually step in, why weren't the folks involved already on suspension or canned?

Niffleheim

Well he didn't fire them so i don't i get the complaints about his tone. He is jeopardizing a lot of livelihoods by having these ppl still on his payroll.

Extraordinary Member

He's not wrong. It is basic practice now.