Writers: Paula Sevenbergen, Scott Kolins and Stephanie Phillips
    Artists: Paul Pelletier, Scott Kolins and Alitha Martinez

"Josie, for the love of god! Please, come to mommy! You'll die!"
    "Then I'll die swinging, mom."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Sensational Wonder Woman Special #1 Preview

If you were a boy who liked Wonder Woman growing up, this resonates. Other boys, and girls, as well as all adults used to try so hard to get me into Spider-Man or Superman or Batman or Hulk and were angry and ashamed that I was into Wonder Woman.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Sensational Wonder Woman Special #1 Preview

I feel like Blue Snowman's made more appearances in the past year than in the last few decades.

huh, neat, i didnt know we were getting more.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is that bully aware he's dressed as a character that has no powers at all?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    If you were a boy who liked Wonder Woman growing up, this resonates. Other boys, and girls, as well as all adults used to try so hard to get me into Spider-Man or Superman or Batman or Hulk and were angry and ashamed that I was into Wonder Woman.
    We've had so many of those stories at this point. I appreciate the sentiment as I was definitely a femmy ass gay boy who played with Sky Dancers and got called the f-word hundreds of times, but as an adult I want better stories than that. More nuanced than just a little boy being told it's okay to play with traditionally girls stuff.

Who knows, maybe the rest of the story gets better but I don't really like how on-the-nose it feels.

This special is nothing special.
    While I'm glad there are more WW stories on the market, it's sad that none of the three stories are really good.
    I like the use of Blue Snowman, and I think it's the best story of the three.
    Circe's story is the worst, inspired by Lindsay Lohan's famous movie but without the necessary spark or grace.
    I like to see Diana interact with heroes other than Batman and Superman, but I would have liked the female version of Dr. Fate to appear, just to remember that good Messner-Loebs story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    While I'm glad there are more WW stories on the market, it's sad that none of the three stories are really good.
    Circe's story is the worst, inspired by Lindsay Lohan's famous movie but without the necessary spark or grace.
    I like to see Diana interact with heroes other than Batman and Superman, but I would have liked the female version of Dr. Fate to appear, just to remember that good Messner-Loebs story.
    Yeah, first and second stories were ok, but that Circe one.... didn't really enjoy it. None of these felt worth while to me, and really only the Snowman one was interesting.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I thought the Blue Snowman and Circe stories were the better of the three but would agree they were fairly generic/middling as far the quality goes.

Didn't care for the Dr. Fate one.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I thought about picking this up but the $10 price tag kept me away. Glad I'm didn't now.
    Assassinate Putin!