Spectacular Member

Default WW Game:Powers and skills

The general public sees Wonder Woman as having mostly enhanced physical capabilities,flight(sometimes) and being a master combatant,but we as fans understand that she has a lot more in her bag of tricks

Even if this game doesn't become a hit,its gonna raise awareness and create a new vision of the wonderverse

So I wanna known what do you wanna see that would make you feel like Diana,the same way the Arkham games made people feel like batman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well you can make her final form the gold Wonder Woman in Death Metal, but maybe not in the first game

The Lasso of Truth is one of the most unique tools any superhero has, and one of the most underutilized.

In combat they should take notes from how it was used in the White House sequence in WW84. Remember that it can infinitely stretch, it has it's own internal momentum. I want to see the lasso move the way a rythmic gymnast uses a ribbon. It should be constantly rotatibg around me and grabbing things and tieing tyings together as Diana throws peope around the battlefield in groups, and pulls them to her, and restrains them.

Also take notes from how Ghost Rider uses his chain in movies and games.

Outside of pure combat, the lasso has the Golden Perfect effect where it drags the person holding it and the person tied to it into their own inner thought dimension, as they open each others minds and see the truth.

And it can destroy magical effects like illusions and temporary distortions of reality, since it's the physical embodiment of truth.

The best comics featuring the lasso are:

JLA 62-64 "The Golden Perfect" (Joe Kelly) 2002
    Wonder Woman 54-55 (Steve Orlando) 2018
    Wonder Woman Annual 4 (Steve Orlando) 2020

And probably the Gail Simone run

Figured the tiara boomerang throw could function the same way to Kratos' axe or Thor's hammer.

Incredible Member

The bracelets could also work well visually for combos, both offensive and defensive.

Personally, I'd prefer if they downplayed the sword and shield (feel much more generic).

I feel like an easy way to make her hits feel string and powerful IS to do what GoW does and even Man of Steel (movie), have her punches leave a sonic boom visual and sound. That way it doesn't feel like she's hitting "soft" or there isn't that feeling that Diana is this goddess leveled amazon.

I do think combat should be similar to stance/weapon switches. Like she has a move set with her bare hands/bracelets that focuses on combo strikes and kicks, while incorporating wrestling moves/grabs and holds as special attacks. Another move set with her lasso that's all about range and control; look at some whip/lasso movements in real life and some anime and add those into the skills. If we are going to have a move set with her sword and shield, I'd have it sparce, focus on strong grounded combat; look at real life sword combat and have it less flashy and more realistic moves, but still impactful/heavy hitting.

Things like her tiara and some minor lasso moves (like a grab and pull move) could be starting abilities and the more advanced you get the more skills you unlock/upgrade and can select which ones you want equipped.

Other ranged abilities like Zeus's lightning, Hestia's fire, and maybe Hecate's magic? could be her specials that use a sort of mana pool. Something that she builds up in combat or over time. These elements can also be incorporated into her other abilities. Say for example you want Diana to use her lasso, but you want her special moves with it to use Hestia's fire and apply a fire proc on an enemy.

I am interested in how they will use her bracelets blocking ability. There is no way they aren't bringing in the shock wave attack, but for the blocking portion... is it going to be something natural? or does she need to have upgrades for them? I'd prefer if it was all naturally incorporated into her skill kit, but there are upgrades to where she could block random attacks so you're not too worried about something like small arms fire the higher your level. I'd hate to rapidly hit a button against like a machine gun or something.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I feel like an easy way to make her hits feel string and powerful IS to do what GoW does and even Man of Steel (movie), have her punches leave a sonic boom visual and sound. That way it doesn't feel like she's hitting "soft" or there isn't that feeling that Diana is this goddess leveled amazon.

I do think combat should be similar to stance/weapon switches. Like she has a move set with her bare hands/bracelets that focuses on combo strikes and kicks, while incorporating wrestling moves/grabs and holds as special attacks. Another move set with her lasso that's all about range and control; look at some whip/lasso movements in real life and some anime and add those into the skills. If we are going to have a move set with her sword and shield, I'd have it sparce, focus on strong grounded combat; look at real life sword combat and have it less flashy and more realistic moves, but still impactful/heavy hitting.

Things like her tiara and some minor lasso moves (like a grab and pull move) could be starting abilities and the more advanced you get the more skills you unlock/upgrade and can select which ones you want equipped.

Other ranged abilities like Zeus's lightning, Hestia's fire, and maybe Hecate's magic? could be her specials that use a sort of mana pool. Something that she builds up in combat or over time. These elements can also be incorporated into her other abilities. Say for example you want Diana to use her lasso, but you want her special moves with it to use Hestia's fire and apply a fire proc on an enemy.

I am interested in how they will use her bracelets blocking ability. There is no way they aren't bringing in the shock wave attack, but for the blocking portion... is it going to be something natural? or does she need to have upgrades for them? I'd prefer if it was all naturally incorporated into her skill kit, but there are upgrades to where she could block random attacks so you're not too worried about something like small arms fire the higher your level. I'd hate to rapidly hit a button against like a machine gun or something.
    Great suggestions.

I obviously would want them to somehow incorporate flying into the game. Whether it is to go to other areas when needed quickly and not necessarily in fight situations would be fine with me, but I don't understand why they couldn't do something game worthy with the engines these games have nowadays. They constantly upgrade with each new game with new mechanics, so hopefully the Wonder Woman game would be the first to simulate flight as a worthy mechanic to be had. At least hover would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Great suggestions.

I obviously would want them to somehow incorporate flying into the game. Whether it is to go to other areas when needed quickly and not necessarily in fight situations would be fine with me, but I don't understand why they couldn't do something game worthy with the engines these games have nowadays. They constantly upgrade with each new game with new mechanics, so hopefully the Wonder Woman game would be the first to simulate flight as a worthy mechanic to be had. At least hover would be a good start.
    I think they could look at the flight mechanic on Anthem (I know it was a garbage game, but just look at the flight) and incorporate something like that. In Anthem you could flight as your main mode of transport, however you need to stop every now and again because of overheating, this could be mediated by flying through bodies of water. Obviously, Diana doesn't overheat, so just remove that part of it. Combat is also very limited in flight as well. Maybe only specific special moves; like a lasso grab up and slam down ability or a dive bomb blitz or lightning/tiara/shield throws. Sword and shield combat is pure ground combat however, lasso is more flexible in flight stance, and fists/kicks are basic and very short range obviously.

Enemies could wield elements of magic or weapons of advanced tech that shoot light beams to potentially snatch her down or deal damage.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I think they could look at the flight mechanic on Anthem (I know it was a garbage game, but just look at the flight) and incorporate something like that. In Anthem you could flight as your main mode of transport, however you need to stop every now and again because of overheating, this could be mediated by flying through bodies of water. Obviously, Diana doesn't overheat, so just remove that part of it. Combat is also very limited in flight as well. Maybe only specific special moves; like a lasso grab up and slam down ability or a dive bomb blitz or lightning/tiara/shield throws. Sword and shield combat is pure ground combat however, lasso is more flexible in flight stance, and fists/kicks are basic and very short range obviously.

Enemies could wield elements of magic or weapons of advanced tech that shoot light beams to potentially snatch her down or deal damage.
    I think she should be able to hover and move about when she is in fight mode, whether it is with sword and shield or just doing the bullets and bracelets thing. The lasso should also be used while 'flying/hovering'. To me, it doesn't sound that complicated.