Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Sensational Wonder Woman Digital First Series Announced

DC launches new digital-first Sensational Wonder Woman series that will also be made available in print
    DC will launch a new Sensational Wonder Woman weekly digital-first series on Wednesday, January 6, in what the publisher is calling a celebration of the character's 80th anniversary.
    Sensational Wonder Woman will begin as DC's current digital-first series Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace ends a week before, but a key difference in the rebranded series seems to be that Sensational Wonder Woman will be offered in print form to comic book stores beginning March 21, whereas DC has never announced any plans to offer a print version of Agent of Peace.
    The first story arc will be written by new Harley Quinn monthly series writer Stephanie Phillips, along with Agent of Peace artist Meghan Hetrick and colorist Marissa Louise, and it pits Wonder Woman against Doctor Psycho.

"During a battle with the villain, Wonder Woman sacrifices herself to stop him, the impact from his psychic blast trapping her in an alternate reality," reads DC's description. "With the help of guest-star Hawkgirl, Diana must remember who she is before it's too late."

Future story arcs promise team-ups and face-offs with familiar Wonder Woman characters like Cheetah, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, Wonder Girl, and others.

Future creative contributors include writer/artist Colleen Doran, Alyssa Wong, Eleonora Carlini, Mirka Andolfo, Corinna Bechko, and more.

Last edited by Hypo; 12-16-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Dr. Psycho? Hell yeah! Also not an anthology but a bunch of standalone story arcs sounds great! Gives the writers more room to tell stories.

Sounds good. I'm guessing Agent of Peace sold well then. Love to see Hawkgirl teaming up with Diana in the first Issue.

Extraordinary Member

Now this looks nice. Comes out the same week as my birthday.

The solicit mentioning Dr. Pyscho is a good sign hopefully. Already off to a better start than AOP did with Harley.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-16-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman being trapped in an alternate reality because of a Psycho Blast is the type of story I've always wanted from Wonder Woman. It seems she's going to be some Stepford wife in the new reality - presumably married to Steve - and Hawkgirl has to help save her. This sounds incredibly wonderful or should I say sensational. I love the title of the book, that it will be released physically, too, and that they have long-term plans. I hope it's a success.

Looks good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Wonder Woman being trapped in an alternate reality because of a Psycho Blast is the type of story I've always wanted from Wonder Woman. It seems she's going to be some Stepford wife in the new reality - presumably married to Steve - and Hawkgirl has to help save her. This sounds incredibly wonderful or should I say sensational. I love the title of the book, that it will be released physically, too, and that they have long-term plans. I hope it's a success.
    I mean, just look at the buzz behind WandaVision. These types of stories really work and Dr. Psycho is the perfect villain to do it.

Incredible Member

When they say there's a future story with Wonder Girl coming up, I wonder if they mean Cassie or Yara.

When they say there's a future story with Wonder Girl coming up, I wonder if they mean Cassie or Yara.
    Probably Yara given the push she’s getting.

This sounds awesome! I'm really glad to see Doctor Psycho back, too .

"Familiar Wonder Woman characters like Cheetah, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, Wonder Girl, and others." - Yay! No random team-ups with Harley Quinn .

Hopefully all of them.

Yay! Not Sensation Comics but close enough I guess. Love seeing Dr Psycho and a rare team up with my second favorite DC heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Guess it's a WWII flashback.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I was going to give it a shot already but Amy Chu sold me further.