Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

I liked it too but #14 couldn’t quite deliver on the emotional punch #13 built up, imo.

It was a good story, but you could have replaced Diana with any street level character and have gotten the same result (actually most street level writers would have had them grapple to the chopper and bring her down tied up). Stuff like that removes my focus on the story. Nightwing could have done this, why was it Diana? Heck if DC actually gave Steve Trevor a better personality he could have done this.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    It was a good story, but you could have replaced Diana with any street level character and have gotten the same result (actually most street level writers would have had them grapple to the chopper and bring her down tied up). Stuff like that removes my focus on the story. Nightwing could have done this, why was it Diana? Heck if DC actually gave Steve Trevor a better personality he could have done this.
    My thoughts exactly. The whole “fractured psyche” angle was interesting at first, but the resulting villain was not. Also, wouldn’t the lasso of truth be of immense help in dealing with this? Diana had it and then she...didn’t. It certainly would have come in handy every time Nina/Natalia literally turned her back to Diana.

Also, I REALLY didn’t care for the artwork! It really does look like it was all hastily slapped together in an afternoon by an artist with little training or experience. I looked up Sanya Anwar’s Art & she’s definitely capable of some beautiful artwork, so I wonder what happened here...

I think I read in another post that there are no further solicitations for this title..? It’d be a shame for this book to go out on such a poor note.
    Last edited by Natamaxxx; 04-09-2021 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The whole “fractured psyche” angle was interesting at first, but the resulting villain was not. Also, wouldn’t the lasso of truth be of immense help in dealing with this? Diana had it and then she...didn’t. It certainly wouldn’t have come in handy every time Nina/Natalia literally turned her back to Diana.
    Ah yes, the lasso is one of those tools that is so convenient as solving problems, most writers have to pretend Diana forgot what it does or play the "I could use the lasso to make you tell me...but I won't" card.

Also, I REALLY didn’t care for the artwork! It really does look like it was all hastily slapped together in an afternoon by an artist with little training or experience. I looked up Sanya Anwar’s Art & she’s definitely capable of some beautiful artwork, so I wonder what happened here...

I think I read in another post that there are no further solicitations for this title..? It’d be a shame for this book to go out on such a poor note.
    I heard in another chat that the Super Sons (which is also a weekly digital series) also had less than stellar art for their issue, and they are also not having an issue come out next week. I think both titles are going on Hiatus, I guess something is going on and they had trouble keeping up with the weekly releases.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The whole “fractured psyche” angle was interesting at first, but the resulting villain was not. Also, wouldn’t the lasso of truth be of immense help in dealing with this? Diana had it and then she...didn’t. It certainly wouldn’t have come in handy every time Nina/Natalia literally turned her back to Diana.

Yes and yes. The end of #14 felt like a very Bond villain get-away.

Who really knows what DC is doing with the Digital Firsts? Truth & Justice is also taking a break, but that at least has print solicitation confirmation that it's continuing. We'll have to wait and see.

Incredible Member

I have to admit that I really miss having a Sensational Wonder Woman to read this week. I hope it returns soon.

Extraordinary Member

Are these new stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Are these new stories?
    Originally I thought they were reprints because I saw Philips' name but Circe wasn't in any of the prior ones (at least that I recall immediately), so new ones probably.

ive never heard of a Threnn of Doom so yeah, i think this is new

Circe and Blue Snowman, yay!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    One of the fringe benefits of DC investing in the Wonder Woman World and her Amazon cast is that they seem less wedded to the Diana with sword and shield imagery. Diana is regularly being shown with solely her lasso and the more aggressive and violent weapons are going to her supporting cast.

For anyone who watches Young Justice, I wish the comics would update Cassie's costume with the one from that show.

Incredible Member

Also, this seems to give us some indication that Sensational Wonder Woman was successful for DC. I'm happy they are continuing with this line.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    One of the fringe benefits of DC investing in the Wonder Woman World and her Amazon cast is that they seem less wedded to the Diana with sword and shield imagery. Diana is regularly being shown with solely her lasso and the more aggressive and violent weapons are going to her supporting cast.
    That's a really good point!