Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not exactly hyped for another "who is Wonder Woman" story but some interesting stuff.

Interesting she wondered if they'd be allowed to use Hawkgirl. Guess DC can get weird on which characters writers allow them to use for guest spots.
    Well, Hawkgirl was a no-show after Snyder left JL so that may have effected it to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Hawkgirl was a no-show after Snyder left JL so that may have effected it to some degree.
    Well, the Hawks seem to be a special case for DC. I remember reading the time they flat out stated Hawkman was off-limits to everyone because of how much they screwed him up continuity wise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Stephanie Phillips was on the Word Balloon podcast, talked a little about her Sensational Wonder Woman story at the 30:20ish mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNR6GAmE9Kc
    Thank you for sharing this interview. The Wonder Woman part was smart, but I loved her excited she sounded. From what we've seen of the preview and the use of Dr. Psycho, I loved that Philips says that is a mental prison of "Who am I?" that she must escape. I'm excited to read this come January.

Going off of solicitations on Comixology, looks the third issue will be by Andrea Shea and Bruno Redondo. A team-up between Diana and Artemis on Warworld going by the description.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Going off of solicitations on Comixology, looks the third issue will be by Andrea Shea and Bruno Redondo. A team-up between Diana and Artemis on Warworld going by the description.
    And now we know what this was for:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    And now we know what this was for:
    The art is going to be gorgeous, at the very least .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The art is going to be gorgeous, at the very least .
    Yes, nice to see him do some WW that doesn't involve Injustice or Tom Taylor.

Issues 5 and 6 "solicits" are on Comixology:

Sensational Wonder Woman #5 (by Colleen Doran)
    Wonder Woman faces her most relentless foe yet—a marketing maven who would sell her Louboutins for the chance to manage the Amazing Amazon! Can Wonder Woman escape her most persistent pitches? She does make some excellent points…

Sensational Wonder Woman #6 (by Alyssa Wong & Eleonora Carlini)
    It’s not a Gotham City gala without a drop-in from The World’s Vilest! It’s a good thing Wonder Woman is on the guest list...because Bruce Wayne’s got a secret identity to keep!

#5 sounds fun (especially if the marketing maven is Myndi Mayer), but I'll be skipping #6 unless it features a WW villain. Seriously, more WW in Gotham? Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Wonder Woman faces her most relentless foe yet—a marketing maven who would sell her Louboutins for the chance to manage the Amazing Amazon! Can Wonder Woman escape her most persistent pitches? She does make some excellent points…

It’s not a Gotham City gala without a drop-in from The World’s Vilest! It’s a good thing Wonder Woman is on the guest list...because Bruce Wayne’s got a secret identity to keep!

#5 sounds fun (especially if the marketing maven is Myndi Mayer), but I'll be skipping #6 unless it features a WW villain. Seriously, more WW in Gotham? Get real.
    I thought that too about the description for #5, I mean it's close it might as well be Myndi.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

#3 was somewhat fun. Hippolyta not really knowing who Artemis was...was weird along with her clear disdain for her tribe. Artemis was fun but a little annoying. The fight between her and Diana was good though, just goes to show that Diana doesnt need a sword to fight, she had her shield and the lasso, was able to take on Artemis nicely.

Sigh. So Sensational is shaping up to be another one of those "Wonder Woman fights everyone's villains except hers". I'm calling it now, Cheetah will appear in an issue or two but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Sigh. So Sensational is shaping up to be another one of those "Wonder Woman fights everyone's villains except hers". I'm calling it now, Cheetah will appear in an issue or two but that's about it.
    It’s weird to me that writers offered a chance to write a WW story don’t realize that their best chance of “leaving their mark” is via using one of Diana’s established but underserved Rogues. If you write a great Psycho, Poison, or Cyber story congrats, you are now one of WW’s best writers and the fandom will probably want more from you. It’s the same problem with Superman where they either create OCs or use Lex instead trying to write the definitive Metallo or Parasite story.

Oh, I thought they would all be two chapter stories. That's one dollar I'll give out for sth else.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, this has Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman written all over it. There were more bad than good stories in that, and I'd say only 1/5 of the stories actually used WW rogues in them. I think that's what we should probably expect for this series too, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s weird to me that writers offered a chance to write a WW story don’t realize that their best chance of “leaving their mark” is via using one of Diana’s established but underserved Rogues. If you write a great Psycho, Poison, or Cyber story congrats, you are now one of WW’s best writers and the fandom will probably want more from you. It’s the same problem with Superman where they either create OCs or use Lex instead trying to write the definitive Metallo or Parasite story.
    Appropriately enough, one of the good stories from AOP was the one that used Psycho.