Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Issues 5 and 6 "solicits" are on Comixology:

Sensational Wonder Woman #5 (by Colleen Doran)
    Wonder Woman faces her most relentless foe yet—a marketing maven who would sell her Louboutins for the chance to manage the Amazing Amazon! Can Wonder Woman escape her most persistent pitches? She does make some excellent points…

Sensational Wonder Woman #6 (by Alyssa Wong & Eleonora Carlini)
    It’s not a Gotham City gala without a drop-in from The World’s Vilest! It’s a good thing Wonder Woman is on the guest list...because Bruce Wayne’s got a secret identity to keep!

#5 sounds fun (especially if the marketing maven is Myndi Mayer), but I'll be skipping #6 unless it features a WW villain. Seriously, more WW in Gotham? Get real.
    spoilers:
    So you were on the money, it was Myndi
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Woohoo! Can't wait to read this later, then! I've been rereading Perez's run and Myndi's will reading broke my heart all over again.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now there's a nice blast from the past .
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Now there's a nice blast from the past .
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Think this is her first appearance in person since she died in the 80s.
    end of spoilers

Another snippet from Sanapo

D3CF858A-3021-4D75-A54B-F69E08B6E4EF.jpg

Description for Issue #9 via Comixology

Ultimate Fangirl Part 1 by Amy Chu – Katie, a spirited 98 year old woman has escaped her nursing home. As her caregivers track her down, Katie recounts her World War II adventures with Wonder Woman.

That's a very cool premise

Today's issue is what I want to see more of in this anthology book. Fun stories featuring Wondy's rogues gallery. I know they're very short and Blue Snowman barely even appears in this issue, but this is the perfect space to spotlight Diana's adversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Today's issue is what I want to see more of in this anthology book. Fun stories featuring Wondy's rogues gallery. I know they're very short and Blue Snowman barely even appears in this issue, but this is the perfect space to spotlight Diana's adversaries.
    I thought it was good too.

That Blue Snowman seems to be working with someone kind of makes me hope it might be Minister Blizzard.

Incredible Member

I just finished reading it. It took me some time to get used to the art style. While I liked the cover, the interior definitely had an adjustment period. I really like the "weaponized ice" aspect of Blue Snowman and her - she's referred to as her in this issue - design in this comic. I liked that it wasn't as cartoony as it was in the Love as a Battlefield issue. I also liked that she seemed to have people working for her in their own Blue Snowmen suits. I'm also intrigued regarding who is investing in Blue Snowman's villainy. Cale or Lord seem the most likely candidates.

This was a cute issue, but it's so short that it's hard to gauge beyond that.

I really liked that Blue Snowman had a crew. Sensation Comics 59 is full of interesting visuals of these blocky blue man floating in a group almost like they are in zero gravity, and that's the strength of the concept, not even the ice thing. So we at least have the thing with the crew, just missing the floating heist.

Descriptions for issues #10 and #11 per DC's website.

Ultimate Fangirl Part 2 - As Katie faces her biggest villain yet, can Wonder Woman save her one more time?
    When Queen Bee mind controls the Amazons of Themyscira to aid her in a plot to have women take over the world, Diana finds herself potentially in over her head with a deadly opponent who’s caught her off guard. Wonder Woman must rely on her strength and wits to take down Queen Bee, her “squad” of villains, and an army of Amazon drones!

Incredible Member

Descriptions for issues #10 and #11 per DC's website.

My only exposure of Queen Bee is from Young Justice, but I thought her powers only worked against men.

I wish it was Hypnotic Woman to build off her current appearance from another series, but we'll see how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    My only exposure of Queen Bee is from Young Justice, but I thought her powers only worked against men.

I wish it was Hypnotic Woman to build off her current appearance from another series, but we'll see how this turns out.
    For second I thought she was supposed to be connected with Hive from the Titans rogues roster.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

Its attraction based, so queer women would be at risk against Queen Bee.
    ...Unless this is the new 52 version where she just straight up had mind control