Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Nicola Scott has done the cover for the upcoming #13. Pretty cool.

Interesting how she's holding a gas mask.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Is that Dr. Poison?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

What a gorgeous cover!

The masked figure may be The Mask after all, since Natalia Close as mentioned in the solicit is very similar to Nina Close, and she wore a domino mask back in the day.

Yeah, the name and that the face looks like they're wearing an exaggerated domino mask is making me suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What a gorgeous cover!

The masked figure may be The Mask after all, since Natalia Close as mentioned in the solicit is very similar to Nina Close, and she wore a domino mask back in the day.

Somebody did a deep dive!

Incredible Member

First, I love Nicola Scott's Wonder Woman art.

Second, this is an unbelievably gorgeous cover. If I could hand out prestigious awards for comic book covers, this one would sweep.

Third, maybe it is Nina Close. According to Wonder Woman Fandome site, she used gas masks that would kill if improperly moved. Seems like this could be her return into Wonder Woman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    First, I love Nicola Scott's Wonder Woman art.

Second, this is an unbelievably gorgeous cover. If I could hand out prestigious awards for comic book covers, this one would sweep.

Third, maybe it is Nina Close. According to Wonder Woman Fandome site, she used gas masks that would kill if improperly moved. Seems like this could be her return into Wonder Woman comics.
    Yeah, makes me wish Scott would maybe do interiors for one of these issues or maybe Black and Gold.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-22-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

What a gorgeous cover!

I hope you're right! The Mask is long overdue for a comeback!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

What a gorgeous cover!

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope you're right! The Mask is long overdue for a comeback!
    Well, going off the new solicitation for #14 from today

Wonder Woman’s search for missing socialite Natalia Close has taken a dark turn—can Wonder Woman convince the troubled mother to choose her real life over her villainous new persona…or was that life just a mask all along?
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-23-2021 at 05:16 AM.

Well, going off the new solicitation for #14 from today
    At this point it's not even a hint, but a confirmation. Lol.

I love the Mask so I'm happy about this, but not sure why the need to change her name from Nina to Natalia.

I love the Mask so I'm happy about this, but not sure why the need to change her name from Nina to Natalia.
    Arbitrary name changes are par for the course for the WW villains at this point. Though maybe she's a legacy villain and Nina is her great-grandmother or something?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It might be a little less annoying if they changed the civilian names across the board. Like Priscilla to Barbara, Helen to Valerie/Vanessa, Giganta being Doris Zool, now Nina to Natalia, Paula von Gunther effectively being Veronica Cale, etc. Make a distinction between the old school versions and the modern ones.

But then it's weird if Blue Snowman is still Byrna Brilyant but interacting with Barbara Minerva instead of Priscilla Rich. It just bugs me and I don't know why lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It might be a little less annoying if they changed the civilian names across the board. Like Priscilla to Barbara, Helen to Valerie/Vanessa, Giganta being Doris Zool, now Nina to Natalia, Paula von Gunther effectively being Veronica Cale, etc. Make a distinction between the old school versions and the modern ones.

But then it's weird if Blue Snowman is still Byrna Brilyant but interacting with Barbara Minerva instead of Priscilla Rich. It just bugs me and I don't know why lol
    Should just do the old Earth 1/Earth 2 thing and have the new ones on the main Earth and the GA names on Earth 2 (Kal-El on Earth, Kal-L on the other one).