Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Arbitrary name changes are par for the course for the WW villains at this point. Though maybe she's a legacy villain and Nina is her great-grandmother or something?

That would make sense given that Diana has been around for decades in current continuity. Diana could have fought the original Mask in World War II and is now fighting her granddaughter in present time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Interesting Gadot-looking cover for #14. Also no tiara.

Tiara-less Diana is something I didn't notice until it was pointed out and now I can't stop noticing, LOL!

So, with no further chapters appearing on Comixology as they usually do, do you think #14 will be the last of Sensational Wonder Woman?

While DC never announced it as a mini (as far as I remember) and other Digital Firsts have gone on hiatus before, it's clearly marketed as part of the 80th Anniversary celebration. Following the monthly print release, chapters #13 & #14 will be out in September as print Issue #7. One month before said celebration. Might be a deliberate choice to cut it off there...

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    So, with no further chapters appearing on Comixology as they usually do, do you think #14 will be the last of Sensational Wonder Woman?

While DC never announced it as a mini (as far as I remember) and other Digital Firsts have gone on hiatus before, it's clearly marketed as part of the 80th Anniversary celebration. Following the monthly print release, chapters #13 & #14 will be out in September as print Issue #7. One month before said celebration. Might be a deliberate choice to cut it off there...
    Perhaps it will be going on hiatus?

There's a trade solicitation in October that says volume 1 and collects the first six issues, so while plans could change it presumably I would assume it's just on hiatus. Super-Sons and The Next Batman have also gone on hiatus at times since they were launched.

Incredible Member

I don't expect anyone to know the actual answer to this, but I thought it'll be fun to speculate with other fans. Does anyone else think Sensational Wonder Wonder has a side objective In gauging interest in Wonder Woman villains. This isn't the first digital-first Wonder Woman run, but this is the first to really center lesser-known villains, revamp of villains, and even experimenting with villain identities like a non-binary Blue Snowman or a Latina The Mask. Maybe WB/DC sees this as a way of safely testing the popularity of Wonder Woman villains and seeing what sticks?

Anyway, I just wondered if you all also thought there seemed to be a concerted effort in reintroducing Wondy villains in this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    There's a trade solicitation in October that says volume 1 and collects the first six issues, so while plans could change it presumably I would assume it's just on hiatus. Super-Sons and The Next Batman have also gone on hiatus at times since they were launched.
    I certainly hope it's only on hiatus. I haven't seen it labeled as Vol. 1, but you're right, it only lists #1-#12 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I don't expect anyone to know the actual answer to this, but I thought it'll be fun to speculate with other fans. Does anyone else think Sensational Wonder Wonder has a side objective In gauging interest in Wonder Woman villains. This isn't the first digital-first Wonder Woman run, but this is the first to really center lesser-known villains, revamp of villains, and even experimenting with villain identities like a non-binary Blue Snowman or a Latina The Mask. Maybe WB/DC sees this as a way of safely testing the popularity of Wonder Woman villains and seeing what sticks?

Anyway, I just wondered if you all also thought there seemed to be a concerted effort in reintroducing Wondy villains in this series?
    I think so too. It's a pretty safe space to experiment with her villains because there isn't that much focus on SWW as there would be on the main book. I wouldn't say that it's testing popularity in itself but certainly reader reception and reaction.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I certainly hope it's only on hiatus. I haven't seen it labeled as Vol. 1, but you're right, it only lists #1-#12 right now.

I think so too. It's a pretty safe space to experiment with her villains because there isn't that much focus on SWW as there would be on the main book. I wouldn't say that it's testing popularity in itself but certainly reader reception and reaction.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully Sensational Wonder Woman is selling well enough that DC will consider using more of these villains in the main title.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I don't think its intentional at least by DCs higher ups. I think we just happen to have writers who were put on the book whose approach is 'use and play with Wonder Womans lesser used rogues' and honestly it works. Its not like DC has ever specifically forbidden it before.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that's the case - I think it's more of a side effect of a large chunk of senior DC editorial being gone from the company, creators are more free to experiment in a way that wouldn't have flown with the previous regime.

I see the solicitation doesn't list a volume 1 but the Believe in Wonder campaign announcement did refer to it as vol. 1 so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think that's the case - I think it's more of a side effect of a large chunk of senior DC editorial being gone from the company, creators are more free to experiment in a way that wouldn't have flown with the previous regime.
    Yeah, seems DC can get weird on what characters they allow to use and others not. I think I recall early in the New 52 I think there was "only new villains, no old ones" edict.

I like The Masks design in the newest issue.
    It was also a solid issue overall.

Solid story indeed, might be my favorite of the series so far. Wasn't the biggest fan of the art but I liked the Mask design also.

Hopefully the series is just on hiatus since there doesn't seem to be any issues solicited for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Solid story indeed, might be my favorite of the series so far. Wasn't the biggest fan of the art but I liked the Mask design also.

Hopefully the series is just on hiatus since there doesn't seem to be any issues solicited for next week.
    Hopefully. Maybe they are pulling the writers off to help with Wonder Woman: Black and Gold.