Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Force # 15 Spoiler/Review Thread - Trench Warfare

Beast wants to be inside the interrogation room to ask Piotr questions but Logan prevents him bc Jean doesnt want him there. She comes out and tells them he's clean and demans Beast apologize. Jean suggests that Piotr replace her on X-Force

Omega Red. Jean can tell he's been mesmorized. Logan wonders if its Dracula but Beast suggests its a Carbonadium Synthesizer as Jean leaves. Beast wants to use him as a double agent.

Beast wants Forge to build a Cabonadium Syntheiszer for OR, who is shown dead with a hole in his chest. There is a data page about his resurrection protocol. Beast wants to send him to the vampire nation as a sleepwalking agent with the synthesizer and he will have no memory of his death. The 5 object and feel he should remain in stasis. Xavier objects and gives X-Force authority to override standard protocols. The 5 counter object. Is this an individual order or ruling for future resurrections? It sets a dangerous precedent. They feel a more humane, less dangerous resurrection be considered. Xavier nullifies the counter objection and rules that X-force has absolute authority

In the Pacific, a ship is attacked by a sea creature

Savage Land, Piotr's gf tells Beast that he doesnt want to see him. She starts to draw water out of him as he says sorry. Piotr tells Kayla its okay. He's forgiven Beast but he has one more thing to ask him

Krakoa. Domino is playing with a dog and talking to Black Tom on the beach. A bunch of bodies wash up on shore and attack them with their tongues

Last edited by Havok83; 12-16-2020 at 02:26 PM.

I guess we've finally figured out what the No-Places described in House of X # 1 are. Krakoa has had a tumor, for some reason.

Extraordinary Member

I really did not care for this issue. The Colossus arrest could have been interesting but they resolve it in a couple of pages with no real ramifications and Beast just sucks now.

I liked it. Had a creepy horror vibe to it which fits Cassara’s art well. X-Force is truly going down the same type of dark path that so many iterations of this team have before, from Logan’s hit squads (both the Kyle/Yost X-Force and the Remender/Opena Uncanny X-Force) to Cable’s take on a mutant CIA in Spurrier’s X-Force run. The latter perhaps being most similar to this in terms of some of the dirty tricks they got up to which came back to bite them. But somehow Percy keeps it fresh and interesting even though we’ve seen this type of story before. At least IMO. Another great issue. Though I admit it was a tad slow.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Found this issue boring. Cassara's art was the only highlight. Oh and Forge's line, "I dreamed up a new way for us to go down", that was pretty good. With all the hints that Colossus is a sleeper agent, that story had an underwhelming resolution (unless Jean was also somehow affected and it's actually ongoing). Would happily drop Beast and Colossus from the book for more focus on Forge and Black Tom.

After Ewing & Vita just gave us a masterclass in how to properly utilize the Krakoan status quo, its qualities and its contradictions, all while handling a huge cast, it's impossible not to feel Percy's X-Force lacks in worldbuilding. It all just feels too limited to its cast and even though we get to see Xavier's actually supporting Beast's shady actions in the data pages it doesn't feel like it has the weight it should have.

Also I know Percy's just developing his story of Beast's downfall but I just would like to see X-Force being an actual organization at this point. It feels like we have actually devolved in Krakoan security from where we started at issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I really did not care for this issue. The Colossus arrest could have been interesting but they resolve it in a couple of pages with no real ramifications and Beast just sucks now.
    It should have happened before XOS. The timing seems so off, especially since pre-XOS, the were building up the Cerebro Sword, which never came into play.

one of the worst x force books they put out!

trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

there was more emphasis on rufus the dog then the colossus plot

percy cant deliver

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't like the way the veins were drawn here, it looks like he's been connected to a mainframe view wires. Just me being picky, but otherwise I'm digging the art

Any theory as to why Krakoa might have had the tumor? A natural process? Maybe because of Black Tom Cassidy's extreme stress?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    After Ewing & Vita just gave us a masterclass in how to properly utilize the Krakoan status quo, its qualities and its contradictions, all while handling a huge cast, it's impossible not to feel Percy's X-Force lacks in worldbuilding. It all just feels too limited to its cast and even though we get to see Xavier's actually supporting Beast's shady actions in the data pages it doesn't feel like it has the weight it should have.

Also I know Percy's just developing his story of Beast's downfall but I just would like to see X-Force being an actual organization at this point. It feels like we have actually devolved in Krakoan security from where we started at issue #1
    I agree 100%. This feels more or less like it could be done in any other era, and it's just unimaginative.

Plus, the insistence on jerk Beast is just annoying.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

I feel like Percy is more of a destructive writer than an additive one. His book always wants to tear Krakoa down but he can't, so it doesn't really work.

You're right that Ewing and Ayala felt really on board with what Hickman is doing.

just keep percy on wolverine for now..

x-force needs a revamp

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

At first, I thought Krakoa had a baby but then it started to get murky. My second thought was a tumor but isn't Moiras No-place a tumor technically to or am I just misunderstanding it.

Also, I'm kinda surprised Colossus's son Peter has not shown up like they both in the savage land. Put 2 and 2 together. Especially now that he got a new lover.