Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

For me I was glad to see that the interrogation was finished humanely and Beast was denied access. Shows that he doesn't have absolute power and can be held in check when needed. My favorite part was when he went to apologize later and got put in his place by Kayla. He was so cocky when he answered 60% never suspecting that the question being asked was rhetorical and a warning. One he didn't heed.

Personally I hope Piotr refuses Beast's offer and stays in the Savage Land with Kayla. He doesn't need to get mixed up with X-Force.

The treatment of Omega Red was an interesting comparison to Piotr' interrogation. In that one no compassion is shown and they just rip a hole in his chest with absolutely no remorse. Thought the whole Dracula/Omega Red thread would be handled in Wolverine's book but apparently it will be a plot point for X-force now.

Still trying to figure out what the black mass that is attacking everything is. Is it some mutated growth from Krakoa or some remnant of the plant sentinel that X-Force fought earlier. Really wish a little more time was spent on what was attacking but maybe that will be covered in hte next isue. It is my guess that at some point they are going to need the aquatic suit Forge just invented to combat this new threat.

I actually liked Kayla this issue. She’s not that bad a character, I wouldn’t mind seeing more of her (and her relationship with Piotr) but I don’t think this is the right book for it long-term. Piotr may have forgiven Beast but could he really trust X-Force to work with them again?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm obviously in the minority here but I enjoyed this issue. Art was top notch, really Cassara is an amazing talent. I'm also glad they resolved the Colossus may be a traitor thread quickly as it seemed unlikely he would be a mole any way. Beast having some self reflection at Colossus's house was much needed and should probably continue unless we really are seeing the birth of Dark Beast. I also like the sea monster story line because now we'll get to see how well the Krokoan CIA does at cover ups.
    One guy's take...

It is a pretty interesting spot to move forward from.

- The close of the issue? Feels like whatever is going on with Mikhail will most likely take a temporary backseat to it.
    - Omega Red? Interesting possibility, if nothing else.
    - Whatever the close of the issue actually is? I'm interested.

Didn't bowl me over the way that S.W.O.R.D. did, but I also never really expected it to.

Mighty Member

Cassara's art is mind-blowing! The attention to details of the characters and the ship sinking page were fantastic.

I hope they bring back Colossus's brother storyline because I don't remember that being resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Cassara's art is mind-blowing! The attention to details of the characters and the ship sinking page were fantastic.

I hope they bring back Colossus's brother storyline because I don't remember that being resolved.
    From what I recall, it didn't even get close. Tied into another element of the story right before the focus shifted in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I really did not care for this issue. The Colossus arrest could have been interesting but they resolve it in a couple of pages with no real ramifications and Beast just sucks now.
    Friend, to the X-fans this is not even a blip in the grand scheme of things, frankly i think Marvel has given up any thought in regards to redeem him in their eyes and have embrace the concept that he must be an ass to give the masses what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    one of the worst x force books they put out!

trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

there was more emphasis on rufus the dog then the colossus plot

percy cant deliver
    Poor Rufus, we hardly knew ye.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Anyone else notice how even in their objections the Five are still talking about monkeying around with Omega Red's very consciousness in order to make him more "amiable"?
    Yeah it was disturbing how they offered to essentially rewrite the dude to make him 'happy' and 'amiable'. Is this a regular thing? And then New Mutants had them basically say they don't care if people get hurt or die in training anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Anyone else notice how even in their objections the Five are still talking about monkeying around with Omega Red's very consciousness in order to make him more "amiable"?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yeah it was disturbing how they offered to essentially rewrite the dude to make him 'happy' and 'amiable'. Is this a regular thing? And then New Mutants had them basically say they don't care if people get hurt or die in training anymore.
    Yeah that was kinda eerie... However, they nonchalantly mention that they can fix his need for the carbonadium synthesizer, which means they could also give Forge his limbs back, Angel his original wings, Karma’s leg, Taki’s legs, etc. Heck, what about Scott’s brain damage involving his optic blasts? He shouldn’t even need the visor or ruby quartz glasses anymore.

So question: Is Quire still captured or did they resurrect him and thats why he showed up in XoS? Because I thought they made it seem that he was captured but alive and they were gonna tamper with his OMEGA level abilities.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Let's not forget that No-Girl is still a disembodied breain.
    My flag is bacon.

Hasn't No Girl been alive this whole time. So if she wanted a body I'm sure someone could make one.

I mean this was an okay issue, but idk I feel like this book is just becoming more and more stupid...

Mighty Member

I really think you're pushing an idea that wasn't intended with this bit. Everything about the new Mutants suggest they're not about being callous and uncaring, they're just being realistic that if something bad happens, they've got the protocols.

How dare the Five offer a cure for a congenital disease and years of horrific trauma for a psychopath.

Monsters