Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You say that like everyone is playing by the rules, when we all know they are not.

Xavier and Lensherr say do not kill humans or mess with them openly and then when no one is looking ask for assassinations or mess with someone's mind.
    Sinister is messing with DNA when told not to.
    Apocalypse was playing fast and loose with Otherworld before that blew up in their face.
    Shaw got Kitty killed for a while.

You want to bet that Mystique won't find a way around that when it comes to bringing back Destiny? Because i think we can all agree she will return and probably at some important juncture in the future.
    Mystique is at her most dangerous when she is focused and driven to achieve a goal, and bringing back Destiny is probably her highest priority to date.
    I say that bc there are clear checks and balances set in place to prevent this.

A husk is ONLY created by the Five. Its a very complicated procedure that requires them. The mind transfer with Cerebro only comes in at the end. They are not going to make clones on the side for Sinister. I cant imagine any scenario where all 5 of them would agree to this which isnt authorized by Xavier considering he is an integral component to the completion of all the resurrections. We've already seen them have to deal with questionable scenarios and they defer to the QC and are transparent

The second check is Cerebro itself. The mind transfer isnt a simple task. Xavier with his experience and power levels is able to do it. Jean as an omega telepath can. There is no proof that anyone else can and Sinister doesnt rank up there as powerful skilled telepaths so I doubt he could.

Finally if Mystique could simply go to Sinister for any of this, she'd have already done so to bring Destiny back. Xavier keeps deflecting and she is restless. If Sinister were an option, she'd have found a way to make a side deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

A husk is ONLY created by the Five. Its a very complicated procedure that requires them. The mind transfer with Cerebro only comes in at the end. They are not going to make clones on the side for Sinister. I cant imagine any scenario where all 5 of them would agree to this which isnt authorized by Xavier considering he is an integral component to the completion of all the resurrections. We've already seen them have to deal with questionable scenarios and they defer to the QC and are transparent

The second check is Cerebro itself. The mind transfer isnt a simple task. Xavier with his experience and power levels is able to do it. Jean as an omega telepath can. There is no proof that anyone else can and Sinister doesnt rank up there as powerful skilled telepaths so I doubt he could.

Finally if Mystique could simply go to Sinister for any of this, she'd have already done so to bring Destiny back. Xavier keeps deflecting and she is restless. If Sinister were an option, she'd have found a way to make a side deal with him.
    They need to build it up to the point she will go to Sinister not just do it at the start of the run, and she won't even need to blackmail him because at some he will grow tired of Krakoa and simply do it for the laughs and watch it all burn or because they will do something to set him off like find his cloning lab and burn it to the ground.

Astonishing Member

Xavier's the weakness with Cerebro, compromise him and everything's compromised and Jean's doing other things. Sinister is a telepathy who casually knocks out Nate Grey by short circuiting his own attacks, he maps telepaths neutral pathways as a hobby he's very good at it. It's also Sinister, anything with his fingerprints on he'll use his super science to work for him, he's the man who taught the High Evolutionary everything. They also need Sinister's gene stores, which he's trojan horse because he's Sinister. It's hardly an impossible system to hack from the inside and Krakoa gave Sinister the keys.

Just because she hasn't done it now doesn't mean she won't, Hickman plays the long game with his plots - this has been the storyline from Mystique since House of X. Hickman wasn't subtle with that angle. She's Mystique, the last time they trusted her she collaborated with Sinister and the Marauders to kill off all the X-men at once, including the kids, with a smile on her face.

Astonishing Member

She cant as Xavier is the only one authorized to complete the mind transfer (and I guess Jean)
    If Cerebro actually needs Xavier's power to work then yeah she can't but if it is more like some recording machine and transmitter whereby all memories are stored in it and one just has to pick and choose memories and subject to relay to,then I'm sure Sinister who has some similar abilities can get it working

Astonishing Member

Mystique doesn't know Sinister has a repository of his own clones, no one knows.However when she finds out my bet is she will ask him to bring back Irene in secret perhaps even off site(outside Krakoa) .So she won't need to ask the five for anything and secondly I think Cerebro is best operated by Xavier coz of experience at it, but they do say in the data pages other telepaths are being trained to help Xavier so I think a person with mild telepathy like Sinister can use it, what is more Sinister is promising Psyloche that he can return her daughter, if she wanted to do that by the book she would have gone to Xavier ,after all Xavier has Sinister's genetic catalog.This leads me to believe Sinister is working on a way to resurrect a person without using Cerebro precisely coz he has the Apoth tech Psyloche obtained for him.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-22-2020 at 02:57 AM.