Default The Mandalorian vs Black Manta (DC)

Mando from the series vs Black Manta, whichever version of him happens to be most iconic
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Mando from the series vs Black Manta, whichever version of him happens to be most iconic
    Quick Draw, and I think mantas laser is good enough to get around the armour.

BANNED

What equipment does Manta have

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    What equipment does Manta have
    His helmet eyebeams are standard throughout his appearances and in most of them he has bladed weapons capable of piercing Atlantean flesh (usually swords but also knives and sometimes more esoteric ones like a katar).

"Most iconic" Manta is probably just the comic book version.

That guy should plaster Mando easily. His beam can deal actual damage to a legit brick like Arthur.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I recall Manta's eyebeams and explosives and whatever being capable of a decent spread effect, and the beskar, even if taken as proof against them, doesn't protect all of Mando.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    "Most iconic" Manta is probably just the comic book version.

That guy should plaster Mando easily. His beam can deal actual damage to a legit brick like Arthur.
    I would agree, generally. But I actually think Manta is better off getting into melee range.

Mando’s Beskar armour doesn’t get cut by lightsabers spoilers:
    or the darksaber
    end of spoilers and I’m pretty sure those would cut Arthur, so his energy resistance is probably disproportionately good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I recall Manta's eyebeams and explosives and whatever being capable of a decent spread effect, and the beskar, even if taken as proof against them, doesn't protect all of Mando.
    The eyebeams will conveniently only hit the covered spots regardless. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That’s true.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I would agree, generally. But I actually think Manta is better off getting into melee range.

Mando’s Beskar armour doesn’t get cut by lightsabers spoilers:
    or the darksaber
    end of spoilers and I’m pretty sure those would cut Arthur, so his energy resistance is probably disproportionately good.
    I've got nothing against a little plot convenience from time to time but that was really pushing the limit.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I've got nothing against a little plot convenience from time to time but that was really pushing the limit.
    Beskar is just the Mandalorian word for Mandalorian Iron which has always been lightsaber resistant even when it was just an EU thing, hell it's not the only metal in Star Wars that's resistant to it either, Cortosis Ore is the more famous example

BANNED

I think it be a more even fight then not, haven’t seen the Mandalorian but doesn’t he have Beskar weapons?

The eye beams give Manta the edge though but the Mandalorian has a decent range of weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I think it be a more even fight then not, haven’t seen the Mandalorian but doesn’t he have Beskar weapons?

The eye beams give Manta the edge though but the Mandalorian has a decent range of weapons
    Mando is a tough customer but Manta can just lay into him with wide angle beam damage at the bell. Mando has squishy parts that are exposed. That should do it.

Any return fire should bounce off of Manta. Dude is durable enough to get into engagements with a brick like Aquaman and not fold immediately. He is more durable then a Dark Trooper for example.
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Mando is a tough customer but Manta can just lay into him with wide angle beam damage at the bell. Mando has squishy parts that are exposed. That should do it.

Any return fire should bounce off of Manta. Dude is durable enough to get into engagements with a brick like Aquaman and not fold immediately. He is more durable then a Dark Trooper for example.
    Yes his armor and spear can withstand lightsabers

He also has some nifty weapons

I wonder if his spear would pierce him or the weapon that destroys organic matter