Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post So Star-Lord fans, what's your reaction?

Now that Marvel made him as bisexual, what's your response and how will you feel about it?

I don’t really care about any character’s sexuality tbh. So I just absorbed the info and filed it away.

"Oh ok".

Still loved the issue.

just wondering how Chris Pratt will react. Or not. continued success, either way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Now that Marvel made him as bisexual, what's your response and how will you feel about it?
    To me it both counts and doesn’t count.

It happens in one of those alternate dreamlike dimensions that the hero gets sucked into and lives out a full life, but only seconds happen in the real world, before the hero returns.

Classic Sci-fi trope. Usually the hero gets married and has children and grows old into a senior citizen near death, until they’re magically returned as if it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    To me it both counts and doesn’t count.

It happens in one of those alternate dreamlike dimensions that the hero gets sucked into and lives out a full life, but only seconds happen in the real world, before the hero returns.

Classic Sci-fi trope. Usually the hero gets married and has children and grows old into a senior citizen near death, until they’re magically returned as if it never happened.
    You just reminded me of the Magicians TV show, where Quentin and Eliot spent a lifetime together. They did both remember it though, and the feelings they’d developed in that time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    You just reminded me of the Magicians TV show, where Quentin and Eliot spent a lifetime together. They did both remember it though, and the feelings they’d developed in that time.
    It happened with Picard on Star Trek the Next Generation.

The cartoon Adventure Time used it with its protagonist Finn as well.

Makes sense to me. I would imagine that anyone who lives out in space and has experiencing dealing with aliens and other cultures would find him- or herself more open to dalliances that others may not prefer.

There's gotta be alien races that have completely different systems of gender and sexuality -- and Starlord's gonna bang 'em all!

-Pav, who isn't interested in Pratt's belief system beyond the basic tenets of "judge not" and "forgiveness is divine"...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    There's gotta be alien races that have completely different systems of gender and sexuality -- and Starlord's gonna bang 'em all!
    I just had a flashback to Jay telling Silent Bob about wanting to be an astronaut!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Meh, I don't care one way or the other. To me, a comic book character's sexuality is akin to their favorite food or favorite color it doesn't affect my enjoyment one iota.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-17-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Isn’t he closer to pansexual given that they’re an alien species. Humanoid. But still an alien species with different social and cultural norms. The interaction didn’t seem to phase them or their worldview. This isn’t that surprising for a character like Quill to be fair.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It came out of nowhere, but it got Marvel the headlines they wanted just like most of these reveals do.

Great so him, MCU Logan, and Lando can all be one offs with each other and still down with the ladies...????

It doesn't change anything in his past stories, and new stories can either use it or not. It's kind of a non-factor at this point.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I'm not expecting it to come up again.