Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This. I doubt it get explored in any depth and since I doubt this ever gets rolled into the MCU I don’t see it being incorporated into his character on any significant level. As another poster said, it’s scoring points in an echo chamber. No one outside comics will care much and it’ll be quickly forgotten. Hell I read comics and I don’t care because this is obviously a dig at Pratt for some weird reason. A funny dig, but one that I doubt will change his beliefs or how his character is used in more relevant mediums.
    I don’t think its necessarily a dig at Pratt himself (deserved or not), but Ewing is noted for not liking the MCU versions of the Guardians (or at least the comics mindlessly aping them without rhyme or reason), so it’s more about reverting to pre-Bendis/MCU-influence Peter and developing from there
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 12-18-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Can someone clarify something here.

I thought sexuality was something you were born with yet people are implying that Starlord's environment or Wolverine's length of life are supposed to change things.

It seems like it's gotta be one way or the other.
    What? Sexuality isn't something anything is born with.

Nothing Ewing writes needs to "matter" or be represented through other mediums. All he needs to do is deliver a good, well-written history and that's what he's doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    What? Sexuality isn't something anything is born with.
    That's apparently changed apparently in the last few years then. I was always told if you were born gay, than you were gay, if you were born straight you were straight, and so on.

Lady Gaga wrote a song about it and everything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Can someone clarify something here.

I thought sexuality was something you were born with yet people are implying that Starlord's environment or Wolverine's length of life are supposed to change things.

It seems like it's gotta be one way or the other.
    Welcome to the real world. Not everything is that simple, or can be boiled down to a song lyric.

People are messy.

There's also a tendency to lump people who have sex with someone of the same gender once or twice as bisexual. One can have sex with another person without necessarily finding that particular person or type of person sexually attractive. Maybe they love that person. Maybe they just like orgasms and after a sufficient time without the sort of person they find attractive, are less picky, whether that 'sufficient time' be ten years in prison or three beers later...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-18-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Welcome to the real world. Not everything is that simple, or can be boiled down to a song lyric.

People are messy.

There's also a tendency to lump people who have sex with someone of the same gender once or twice as bisexual. One can have sex with another person without necessarily finding that particular person or type of person sexually attractive. Maybe they love that person. Maybe they just like orgasms and after a sufficient time without the sort of person they find attractive, are less picky, whether that 'sufficient time' be ten years in prison or three beers later...
    But if someone can change their sexuality than isn't the principle behind conversion therapy valid? Nobody should be forced to or coerced to obviously, but if someone wants to try and change their sexuality, shouldn't they be allowed to try, under the same principle as people being allowed to change their gender?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I was totally unaware. Quite honestly, I never cared either way about Mr. Pratt does. Heck I read the book last week and the issue of bisexuality went completely over my head. The entire story is/was....weird. I would totally expect a writer down the road to retcon it as a dream/implanted memory/spiritual experience and not a real life. Why? Because it was just weird.
    Maybe it was weird for you, it was a pretty classical sf trope: someone spends a lifetime in an another dimension and comes back when he left.

Spectacular Member

Well, it’s sad to see so many people still get triggered by this kind of stories.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This is the same Star-Lord, that when first introduced in the 70's, was suggested to be in some sort of romantic relationship *with his ship?*

Eh.
    This is not the same Star-Lord as the one from the 70s. That Star-Lord is technically an alt-universe.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    This is not the same Star-Lord as the one from the 70s. That Star-Lord is technically an alt-universe.
    Ewing is trying to pull a Grant Morrison and reconcile all the different Star-Lord takes together, so the ship stuff could become relevant later.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Damn I need Ewing to write the Fantastic Four...For reasons....
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

One of those who cares moments that will be forgotten when a new writer takes over.

It was done quietly but man the trolls are making such a huge deal of this. If the story is good who cares. For me it is like a characters religion or race or etc. I dont care just give me a good story. Diversity is a good thing. but at the end of the day if I am entertained (The main reason I buy and read comics) I dont care if the character is gay/Jewish/black. Who cares at the end of the day. Its not like Star Lord is having sex with some guy on panel so why have an issue with it. Hell Im gay and I dont go crazy and rush out and buy ecver gay character if I do not like them to begin with. Cant stand Northstar. Could care less about Iceman being gay. To be honest there are only a couple characters I would never want to see turn gay. other then that who cares.

I dont know why people make such a thing about issues like this.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-18-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

One of those who cares moments that will be forgotten when a new writer takes over.
    This.

But also...
    This is the same Star-Lord, that when first introduced in the 70's, was suggested to be in some sort of romantic relationship *with his ship?*
    Eh.
    Which I remember reading some back issues when I was young.

-Pav, who isn't interested in Pratt's belief system beyond the basic tenets of "judge not" and "forgiveness is divine"...
    ...who might not know thats not actually doesn't say that Pav. kinda like the "mysterious ways" kinda of just an add on idiom. The judge not bit is actually
    apparently not to say "Don't judge" but about standards and hypocrisy. ymmv

Speaking of which I'd like to think that this story has more to do with ewing than flexing on prat.

But I don't think that we can really know unless Ewing thumbs his nose and is like "POW! Take that worse chris!"

Regardless, skip an issue and get back to reading about your favorite space cowboy, no biggee.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

It was done quietly but man the trolls are making such a huge deal of this. If the story is good who cares. For me it is like a characters religion or race or etc. I dont care just give me a good story. Diversity is a good thing. but at the end of the day if I am entertained (The main reason I buy and read comics) I dont care if the character is gay/Jewish/black. Who cares at the end of the day. Its not like Star Lord is having sex with some guy on panel so why have an issue with it. Hell Im gay and I dont go crazy and rush out and buy ecver gay character if I do not like them to begin with. Cant stand Northstar. Could care less about Iceman being gay. To be honest there are only a couple characters I would never want to see turn gay. other then that who cares.

I dont know why people make such a thing about issues like this.
    Because people either want to pearl clutch or virtue signal today about such matters (depending upon if they are con or pro).

Like you, I don't care but it would seem we are in the minority or perhaps part of a less vocal majority (?).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Frankly itll only be relevant if it's ever mentioned again