Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It's funny. Taylor usually kills Dick off horribly in his Elseworlds books but on-paper I think he's a great fit to write him. I'm cautiously optimistic about him writing Nightwing .

I guess this also might be a book for those who want to see Babs as Batgirl while she's doing Oracle work in Batman.

Another Zucco? Is Sonia still alive?

(I hope Taylor doesn't force Harley into this book).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny. Taylor usually kills Dick off horribly in his Elseworlds books but on-paper I think he's a great fit to write him. I'm cautiously optimistic about him writing Nightwing .

I guess this also might be a book for those who want to see Babs as Batgirl while she's doing Oracle work in Batman.

Oddly, i think i'd prefer her as Oracle here. Recapture that Dixon days magic.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Last time we saw her was Nightwing 29 (New 52) and she was pretty much alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oddly, i think i'd prefer her as Oracle here. Recapture that Dixon days magic.
    Maybe we can get both .

Premise looks boring to me, but Nightwing getting a serious creative team is very pleasing.

Harley already had her own book announced, so there's little reason for her to invade the other bat books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That cover is gorgeous.

And when Tom's written Dick (not killing him), he's done a great job.

Incredible Member

Pls don’t be removed by editorial after 1 arc.

The good thing about Tynion on Batman is that I don’t think he’s gonna use Nightwing as collateral just to hype the Bat book up

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I dropped Nightwing several issues into the Ric nonsense, and haven't looked back. Taylor's just ok for me, but I'll still give him at least an arc or two, because I miss the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Harley already had her own book announced, so there's little reason for her to invade the other bat books.
    She's consistently had her own book(s) for the past 10+ years, and yet....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh cool, a series where Taylor can’t kill Dick. But no in all seriousness, I love Taylor’s work and having him on one of my favorite characters is a dream come true for me.
    All of my thoughts exactly lol

Astonishing Member

Taylor calling Dick "a charming, entertaining, positive force for good" is probably the neatest little nutshell pitch that Nightwing has had in a very, very long time.

I can't help but think they're being a bit sneaky, too - announcing that the first plotline is a Mayor Of Bludhaven arc, but Taylor's quote about Dick being "faced with a life-changing opportunity which comes his way in our very first issue" makes me think the actual set-up for the run might be very different to how it currently looks....

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    A three-legged puppy with Damian’s personality. That certainly has potential!

(Nice to see you around, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Taylor calling Dick "a charming, entertaining, positive force for good" is probably the neatest little nutshell pitch that Nightwing has had in a very, very long time.

I can't help but think they're being a bit sneaky, too - announcing that the first plotline is a Mayor Of Bludhaven arc, but Taylor's quote about Dick being "faced with a life-changing opportunity which comes his way in our very first issue" makes me think the actual set-up for the run might be very different to how it currently looks....

(Nice to see you around, btw)
    That's what I'm hoping for. Taylor is speaking about Nightwing the same way Seeley and to an extend Percy did. Maybe he can finally do what they wanted to do, mainly integrating Dick back into the wider DCU. He should have more creative freedom than they had with his status as a "big name" and with Didio gone...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. Taylor is speaking about Nightwing the same way Seeley and to an extend Percy did. Maybe he can finally do what they wanted to do, mainly integrating Dick back into the wider DCU. He should have more creative freedom than they had with his status as a "big name" and with Didio gone...
    Yes, and that quote about Taylor considering Dick an A-Lister and wanting to "put him back on that pedestal"....

I'd love it if the first issue/arc is Dick basically "fixing" Bludhaven in the way, I think, Devin Grayson intended before the city got Chemo-d - and then he and Babs get high off that success, and the book is then moving on to their next project.....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I love the Travis Moore vibe I'm getting from the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Recapture that Dixon days magic.
    I hope their run recaptures it.