Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For the record, I'm pretty anti-Hawkguy as far as Clint's characterization.
    Is even worse for Ollie.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fingers crossed this will finally be that Taylor series where I finally “get” the hype around him.
    This right here. But Redondo is an amazing artist and that cover is top ten for Nightwing. Just exudes personality. I love the new logo and tradedress, too. It's sleek, modern and doesn't mar the artwork.

Who doesn't love dogs, too?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    This is making me consider picking up Nightwing again for the first time in two years, after boycotting due to the travesty that was Ric Grayson (may we never speak of it again!)
    We don't say that name 'round these parts, y'hear? Go on, git.

An early Christmas present from DC!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    This is making me consider picking up Nightwing again for the first time in two years, after boycotting due to the travesty that was Ric Grayson (may we never speak of it again!)
    Who?

Seriously though, this news rocks! I see the requisite “he’s not killing him?!” jokes have been made so I’ll just say this sounds dope, I’m reeeeeeally excited to see an exploration of the DickBabs relationship (though I’m more of a Dick/Helena guy myself). I’ve been wanting to see an elevation of Nightwing in the books, looking forward to seeing how it goes. Think I haven’t been this excited for a new creative team since Seeley’s run.

Glasses and freckles Barbara! A powerful combination .

Although Batgirl with freckles would be an interesting visual...

Nerdy Babs is the best Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glasses and freckles Barbara! A powerful combination .

Although Batgirl with freckles would be an interesting visual...
    The freckles is how Dick knew.

The Comics Cube: Bruno Redondo Takes Nightwing Into the Light

Bruno Redondo gave a new interview. He mainly spoke about his drawing and designing process.

The first story will be called “Leaping into the Light”.

Redondo thinks of Dick as the one in the family who tries to dialogue the most (family as in compared to the other Robins). He is more similar to Alfred than to Bruce because Alfred is more of a father figure to Dick.

He really wants to showcase that Nightwing is a gymnast. His fight is more speed than brutality. The main references he mentioned are martial arts movies (especially Bruce Lee) and the McDaniel & Dixon comics.

A lot of thought has gone into the covers. Redondo is studying international movie posters. He really wants them to be visually different compared to other comic books.

The Babs' freckles are here to stay. Redondo describes her as the one who keeps it real. No big trauma. She'll be moving more via grappling hook compared to Dick.

They want to focus on Nightwing villains, not Batman villains. (Which sounds a little like no more DickBats villains in Nightwing because those have been largely absorbed by Bruce.)

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The Comics Cube: Bruno Redondo Takes Nightwing Into the Light

Bruno Redondo gave a new interview. He mainly spoke about his drawing and designing process.

The first story will be called “Leaping into the Light”.

Redondo thinks of Dick as the one in the family who tries to dialogue the most (family as in compared to the other Robins). He is more similar to Alfred than to Bruce because Alfred is more of a father figure to Dick.

He really wants to showcase that Nightwing is a gymnast. His fight is more speed than brutality. The main references he mentioned are martial arts movies (especially Bruce Lee) and the McDaniel & Dixon comics.

A lot of thought has gone into the covers. Redondo is studying international movie posters. He really wants them to be visually different compared to other comic books.

The Babs' freckles are here to stay. Redondo describes her as the one who keeps it real. No big trauma. She'll be moving more via grappling hook compared to Dick.

They want to focus on Nightwing villains, not Batman villains. (Which sounds a little like no more DickBats villains in Nightwing because those have been largely absorbed by Bruce.)
    Everytime you put Bruce Lee and Nightwing together you win me over.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

How many personal villains does Nightwing has ? I can think of Blockbuster and Raptor and that's it, sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    How many personal villains does Nightwing has ? I can think of Blockbuster and Raptor and that's it, sadly...
    Shrike, Lady Vic, Deathwing (This could be reworked).
    William Cobb became more of his villain than Bruce too.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Can't listen right now but did he say anything but the pook and feel of bludhaven? I'm hoping they go for seeleys Atlantic city look and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Shrike, Lady Vic, Deathwing (This could be reworked).
    William Cobb became more of his villain than Bruce too.
    Oh, they could bring back Saiko, Mr Minos and Tiger that i would not mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I agree with everything but Alfred being more of a father figure to Dick. I think that's kind of a problematic take.
    It fits .
    I'm looking forward to some iconic covers .
    I guess Redondo will be like David Marquez being the only one who draws prominent redheads with freckles...

Babs is kind of acrobatic, isn't she? Although it helps the contrast with Dick that she can't move like him and more like Bruce. I wonder if Redondo redesigned Batgirl.

I actually like the idea of Alfred being Dick's parental figure. If only because I prefer Bruce and Dick's dynamic to be more one of siblings or friends or "Cool Uncle" than dad.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)