Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What ever happened to Talon (Calvin Rose)?

Does anybody remember when he was last used in a story?

He got his own series about a year into the New52

and that lasted until issue #17.

After that, I think he may have shown up in Batman Eternal and/or Batman and Robin Eternal in one of those generic "all Bat-Family and allies" generic group scenes, but beyond that, . . . ?

I think his trope was to be the "What if Dick was a Talon", but he was quickly forgotten. According to Comic Vine last time he appear was in Batman 18, Rebirth era.

I wonder if Tynion would bring him back.

I think that he was killed. Then the court resurrected him, but he has to serve them gently ortherwise they'll kill his friends/familly. So he is back to behing a plain Talon for the court.

Astonishing Member

He seems to have been going to have been part of Batman Eternal, back in it's earliest form when it still seemed to be tying into the Blonde Dick Grayson Tynion run on Nightwing that was replaced by "Grayson" - so possibly he'd have been in that book too?

As published, I think he had a small appearance in Batman Eternal #50 - some dialogue, but no real plot significance.

A shame, I remember thinking the character had a lot of potential.

Incredible Member

I think Talon and Strix are roommates and are retired. That's my idea for them. I miss both of them
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

All-New Member

There was also another Talon that was introduced in Batman: The Dark Knight #9 during Night Of The Owls, as far as I know it was said he escaped into the sewers and was never seen again. I wonder if that's the Talon that's gonna be in Suicide Squad or if they're just gonna create another new one from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man34 View Post
    There was also another Talon that was introduced in Batman: The Dark Knight #9 during Night Of The Owls, as far as I know it was said he escaped into the sewers and was never seen again. I wonder if that's the Talon that's gonna be in Suicide Squad or if they're just gonna create another new one from scratch
    Pretty sure that's William Cobb, at least his costume is the exact same.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He saved Batgirl and Red Hood at the climax of Eternal. I don't remember if he's in Robin Eternal... I think he was... one of the people they call to stop Mother's Children.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    He seems to have been going to have been part of Batman Eternal, back in it's earliest form when it still seemed to be tying into the Blonde Dick Grayson Tynion run on Nightwing that was replaced by "Grayson" - so possibly he'd have been in that book too?
    Bullet dodged. Not only because Grayson was amazing but because we avoided yet another Tynion book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Bullet dodged. Not only because Grayson was amazing but because we avoided yet another Tynion book.
    Oh, 100%. There but for the grace of God...

I really liked Calvin too. R ad his whole series, liked the escapist artist angle that separated him from the others. Plus the fact that he was alive but I think he did end up going through the same process (been a while since I read those). Anyway, I liked him and thought he also had potential so it’s a shame he’s in limbo.

Yeah I remember the Talon series being one of my fav coming after the "zero" issues during the New 52. Bummer to see him fade away.

I wonder if maybe Joshua Williamson could find a way to bring back Calvin Rose after Tynion's run is done?

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I think that he was killed. Then the court resurrected him, but he has to serve them gently ortherwise they'll kill his friends/familly. So he is back to behing a plain Talon for the court.
    I believe in ish #17, the finale, he bathed in the Lazarus Pit and was restored to life, so no longer a servant of the Court. Of course, it’s been damn near 10 years, so I might be misremembering.