Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Am I supposed to feel bad that the manipulative supervillain is gone?
    I think Tini really does. The only character so far to be like “Apocalypse is a bay guy. We should not be working with him!!!” is Gambit who the book repeatedly likes to **** on by having all the other characters make fun of him for mistrusting Apocalypse. Which is why the book continues to be such a fucking mess. Rictor crying over Apocalypse. I can’t. PAD’s Rictor would slap this one upside the head. Then take him out for a beer.

Rogue is at least living out her True Blood fantasy in that white night-slip.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I haven't really been a Gambit fan since probably the animated series, but this is pretty ridiculous. I honestly think Tini is trolling now with how Gambit's sole purpose in this series is to brush Rogue's hair and do her chores.
    Uh, what's so offensive about a scene of a couple doing domestic activities?

Well we got blindsided by the mediocre writing into how important the story was to the first post HOX/DOX crossover/ X-Event. Now with that rug pulled out from under us, is the book trying to surprise us with actual characterization? If so, it's failing because I'm not seeing it. I love me some Rogue and Gambit, but bye Felicia.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    To you, the day Betsy died was the worst day of your life. To Betsy, it was Tuesday.
    Wednesday, actually.
    My flag is bacon.

Am I supposed to feel bad that the manipulative supervillain is gone? Don’t get me wrong I liked the focus Apocalypse got in this book and X of Swords, but he pretty much used all of the characters in this book to reach his end goals without any care of how it affected them.
    -gave his Grimoire, including all his studies on mutant magic and rituals, to Rictor
    -helped Rictor reach potential beyond the Externals
    -placed Braddocks back in charge of Avalon
    -helped reunite Krakoa with Arakko

Ooooooooooh, he’s so evil!

Am I supposed to feel bad that the manipulative supervillain is gone? Don’t get me wrong I liked the focus Apocalypse got in this book and X of Swords, but he pretty much used all of the characters in this book to reach his end goals without any care of how it affected them.

Also Rogue might as well be saying “I wasted 15 issues doing magical stuff that had nothing to do with me.”
    Apocalypse genuinely helped Rictor with his powers and anxiety. Even when he didn't need him anymore, he cared for him and was angry when he was hurt, he wanted Healer to heal Rictor and not him.

Apocalypse used Rictor because he was interested but in the end he grew fond of him, at least as much as he could.

I'd say the guy who put Jaime on the throne, putting him into the position to cruelly splinter reality and pressing inhabitants and flat out murders one of them (where if you kill someone there dead for good), for blatant imperialistic purposes would be called a "bad guy".

But hey, he has a sad retconned backstory and his personality grafted onto his retconned wife, I guess we have to feel sorry for the mass murderer.

Mighty Member

Can Northstar go tell Rictor that Shatterstar is trapped on Mojoworld? Like this is hot garbage.
    I’m also over Shogo. No offense, but I really never had any interest in Jubilee being a mom since he was introduced. Can’t his real mom (I don’t remember if she was even still alive) want him back and try to have him extradited from Krakoa?

Reimagine this team with some new members and definitely a new writer.

When I read Excalibur compared to something like SWORD I’m embarrassed for Tini. I know her stans will never even give her a critique for her work because they think this is brilliant, but it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'd say the guy who put Jaime on the throne, putting him into the position to cruelly splinter reality and pressing inhabitants and flat out murders one of them (where if you kill someone there dead for good), for blatant imperialistic purposes would be called a "bad guy".
    Not sure ‘imperialistic’ necessarily fits the definition that you’re giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It's the same as the Cold War: propping up tinpot dictators so you have more allies against the commies - er, humans.

Apocalypse was so interested in forming an empire that he went into exile from Krakoa and sent practically the entire population of Arakko to Earth, staying alone with his family in Amenth.

The incredible empire made up of five people.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Apocalypse was so interested in forming an empire that he went into exile from Krakoa and sent practically the entire population of Arakko to Earth, staying alone with his family in Amenth.

The incredible empire made up of five people.
    I never said he wanted to rule, I said he was imperialistic. Or are you saying that Krakoa isn't a country that Apocalypse helped forge?

Apocalypse didn't care about Avalon. His only interest in Otherworld was rescuing Arakko and his family, it was a means to an end.

Fantastic Member

The writing for Excalibur up until now hasn't been strong enough for me to actually buy into Rictor being so crushed about Apocalypse and have it believe the relationship was meant to be healthy in any way.

Also hoping Jubilee gets something more to do than just being a mom and reacting to being a mom.

-gave his Grimoire, including all his studies on mutant magic and rituals, to Rictor
    -helped Rictor reach potential beyond the Externals
    -placed Braddocks back in charge of Avalon
    -helped reunite Krakoa with Arakko

Ooooooooooh, he’s so evil!
    -Put Rogue into a coma
    -Physically attacked Gambit
    -Put an insane, former human trafficker on the throne of Avalon
    -Consistently lied to both this team and the Krakoan government about his intentions
    -Made Rictor kill the Externals against his will (this wasn't really addressed, but I imagine it'd be pretty traumatic)
    -Got Rockslide permanently killed and dragged his entire country into a war

Like I said, I actually liked Apoc in this book and X of Swords because he was entertaining. That doesn't mean that he's a good person that we should spend time crying over. I'm not gonna bring up all the horrible things he's done before this run because that'll just be a waste of everyone's time.